Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #14925
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My buddies from the Bears in the 80s used to say there is no such thing as bad pub.
Well, we're seeing LOTS of "marketing effort", here on camaro5, for the two Hellcats. Which precipitated my remarks "over there".

80 pages and 1800+ posts? Hell, was there that much for the Z/28, post-announcement, here?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM   #14926
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Plants?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #14927
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Several continuous posters with very short-term membership...Mopar "social media experts"?

I scratch my head at folks who join, here, and talk about F150 - Mustang - Hellcat...but NOT Camaro-centric issues. Why is that?
Old 08-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #14928
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Several continuous posters with very short-term membership...Mopar "social media experts"?

I scratch my head at folks who join, here, and talk about F150 - Mustang - Hellcat...but NOT Camaro-centric issues. Why is that?
Some companies have an active and sanctioned social media presence targeted at building a positive message.

GM, at least when I was there, did not. In fact GMs policy was to simply monitor and punish employees on the web rather than to harness that in a positive way.

GM does have active monitoring from service and I've seen that in several if the sites dedicated to GM products.

Other than Fbodfather, I'm not aware of much from GM that promotes product and people.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #14929
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
In fact GMs policy was to simply monitor and punish employees on the web rather than to harness that in a positive way.
EPIC
Old 08-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #14930
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Some companies have an active and sanctioned social media presence targeted at building a positive message.

GM, at least when I was there, did not. In fact GMs policy was to simply monitor and punish employees on the web rather than to harness that in a positive way.

GM does have active monitoring from service and I've seen that in several if the sites dedicated to GM products.

Other than Fbodfather, I'm not aware of much from GM that promotes product and people.
Quote:
EPIC
NOT a coincidental pairing, here...

If you go to the popular late-model Mustang sites, and check their Hellcat "responses", there's maybe 5-10 pages, tops.

It appears to me that Camaro folks (or at least camaro5 fans) are being particularly identified as "potentially susceptible" to these cars, because 1/4-mile performance of our cars, in OE fashion, is considered "lacking" against the GT500 and 'cats. In that regard, at a $60K price point, Mopar feels they have "something special" for us to (strongly?) consider, in 2-dr AND 4-dr versions.

I truly scratch my head at the not-so-short-term effect these cars will have within FCA's product plans. No doubt at this moment, the SRT Team are rubbing their hands together with glee. Job well-done, as far as a straight line-centered car goes.

I'm just glad I haven't invested serious money in a Viper, only to see it trounced by a taxi-cab in a straight line...apparently...if you can believe the ginormous heap of hype...

Or is this simply Mopar's final salute to this Generation's rebirth of the muscle car? Damn the torpedoes, FULL SPEED AHEAD!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #14931
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Let's face it, most people who race their cars do it on a drag strip. The Z/28 got more hate than any vehicle I have ever seen. The amount of hate from posters on this site alone was insane. People want straight line speed and high horsepower. The Camaro is lacking in both compared to the GT500 and now Hellcat powered cars.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #14932
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

On a different note, my affable travelling partner to "things automotive" events is "down for the count". NO trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise (sorry, Pete!), NO attendance at Saturday's Hellcat Hoedown (darn it all!)...and NO private plant tour of the COPO production facility happening this afternoon (double-darn!).

With the unfortunate floods bestowed upon the Metro Detroit area, Monday-Tuesday, I was afraid the "official" classic for this year's Cruise was going to be a Shephard lapstrake BOAT...

HAPPY 20TH, WDC!
Attached Images

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 08-14-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #14933
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
People want straight line speed and high horsepower. The Camaro is lacking in both compared to the Hellcat powered cars.
...and the tell of THAT tape will be its sales #s...and what is traded-in for them...and how it weathers the GM juggernaut, due in a year.

"Stay tuned"...Buford T. Justice and his Deputies will want 'em in plain ol' Black 'n White, NOT Curious Yellow or Fantastic Fuchsia...

Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #14934
JusticePete

No Lowdown
Old 08-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #14935
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Quote:
No Lowdown
Sorry, Pete. And yes, I STILL owe you that wobbly pop!

Enjoy the BeckyBash...and please extend my regards.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #14936
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
...and the tell of THAT tape will be its sales #s...and what is traded-in for them...and how it weathers the GM juggernaut, due in a year.

"Stay tuned"...Buford T. Justice and his Deputies will want 'em in plain ol' Black 'n White, NOT Curious Yellow or Fantastic Fuchsia...

Are you saying the CTS-V will be the juggernaut?

I expect the Hellcat cars to sell very well. 707 hp for $60k is very tempting.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #14937
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

707 HP! 200+ MPH! $59,995! RUNS 11's!

You're dazzled by the headlines, without reading the full article and contemplating the full effect of such a decision. Unless the headlines answer ALL your narrow requirements. 707 hp in an Abrams A-1 tank is YESTERDAY's answer to a question from YEARS ago...

As I said on the previous page, comparing the coming CTS-V to anything currently marketed by Dodge is a disservice to BOTH. They simply swim in different pools. NO ONE buying either will list the other, on their JD Power Initial Quality Survey, as their 2nd choice. CTS-V vs. Hellcat is a 'net-based pizzing contest for those without the wherewithal OR inclination to buy a CTS-V. Period. Regardless of either its unreleased price OR "performance".

Alpha leads to opportunity. SS going away. But Reuss will see to it that its departure will shortly thereafter be unlamented...

The Gen-6 Camaro gives us a peek at what RWD wonders Chev will be blessed with...and in flavors other than 2-dr-only... If they can make a sub-4000 lb. LT4-engined Camaro, why would a 4-dr replacement for the wrongly-named SS be such a s-t-r-e-t-c-h? T-4/V6/V8s...budget-conscious (GM can read Mopar's tea leaves, too!), value-added, better quality @ market-correct prices.

NOT a new recipe...

Wrap one in a plain BLACK wrapper...and call it a GNX...and see how many nanoseconds it would take for that version to go "viral" and fill Buick's order bank, in numbers Mopar could only WISH for...
Old 08-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #14938
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Let's face it, most people who race their cars do it on a drag strip. The Z/28 got more hate than any vehicle I have ever seen. The amount of hate from posters on this site alone was insane. People want straight line speed and high horsepower. The Camaro is lacking in both compared to the GT500 and now Hellcat powered cars.
the Z/28 was hated because it was 75k.

The ZL1 imo is still very capable car. Buy a cam and a pulley set and 700hp is right under your foot. Not to mention will easily pull 1G in cornering AND about 200lbs lighter than the Hellcat.

Sure the public LOVES to magazine race. But IMHO - the best bang drag car is still the outgoing 5.0 Mustang GT.

30k and your pick of forced induction mods with drag radials and you are 10s all day. 9s if you want to push it.

This IS the car that GM neglected to make. Maybe next time
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014