Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #1485
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVACMD View Post
Hi everybody. I've made the decision to buy a Camaro, after bouncing back and forth between it and the other 2 competitors.

My dealer has an IOM, and while I like the color, I'm unconvinced about the orange interior and accents. Is it a "love it or hate it" thing for you guys?

The car has no stripes right now...thinking about rally stripes...wht...blk...or gray? What's your flavor?

Also...what are your feelings about sunroofs on the Camaro? Does it take away from the roof lines and retro look? Or it's a non-issue?

Thanks...it won't be long before I join the club
I love the interior, its just different and thats why I like it. I do not have stripes but I would go with black or grey. And I say no sunroof because it take away from the cool roof shape (reverse mohawk). Thats my opinion

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #1486
sgseward

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Let me simplify my question. In a 2SS/RS, what color are the interior Door panels if you DON'T get the Orange seats? Local dealer has an IOM car with the body kit, black interior, and it has the gray panels. Is this standard with a 2SS/RS?

Steve
sgseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #1487
sgseward

Quote:
Hi everybody. I've made the decision to buy a Camaro, after bouncing back and forth between it and the other 2 competitors.

My dealer has an IOM, and while I like the color, I'm unconvinced about the orange interior and accents. Is it a "love it or hate it" thing for you guys?

The car has no stripes right now...thinking about rally stripes...wht...blk...or gray? What's your flavor?

Also...what are your feelings about sunroofs on the Camaro? Does it take away from the roof lines and retro look? Or it's a non-issue?

I'm getting a 2SS/RS, Silver stripes, Sunroof, Black interior, Polished wheels. I think they all look good and I've gone back and forth on the color combos for months (well, all the stripe and interior options on IOM anyway!).

Steve
Old 05-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #1488
raulss

Drives: 99CamaroSS 2010 Camaro SS/RS LPE600
My 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LPE570

Here are some pics of my new IOM Camaro.

Name:  IMG_0560.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  102.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0544.jpg
Views: 2311
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0441.jpg
Views: 2330
Size:  180.7 KB
Brembo LPE 6-piston calipers, 2-piece racing brake rotors
Pfadt coilovers, sway bars, rear trailing arms, subframe mounts,
Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, & Proven wicked endlinks
MGW Shifter, ADM boost gauge LPE aluminum coil covers,
LPE Billet Pedals, LPE front floor mats and trunk mat.

Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
raulss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #1489
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulss View Post

Attachment 123846

Attachment 123847

Attachment 123848
Very nice. Congrats!!!
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #1490
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgseward View Post
Let me simplify my question. In a 2SS/RS, what color are the interior Door panels if you DON'T get the Orange seats? Local dealer has an IOM car with the body kit, black interior, and it has the gray panels. Is this standard with a 2SS/RS?

Steve
yes you only get the orange panels with the orange interior pacakge

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #1491
Aceman1120

Drives: Orange Metallic RS
Here's My Pride and Joy
Attached Images

Aceman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #1492
4.0=SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM/Blk, Borla
Cool fender lighting.....where'd you get that done and how much was it?
4.0=SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #1493
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
Quote:

Steve
I have IOM exterior and I went with just the black leather seats. My panels are gray, which is what you get with black leather as an option. I like my panels, I think if GM decided to make them black, it would be too much of the same color. Gray breaks it up.

It was a hard decision for me as to whether to go with the black leather option, or the iom interior option. I decided that the orange two-tone seats might be too much and I would get tired of seeing them after awhile. But the biggest factor was while the orange led lighting is cool, I really liked the blue accent lights, and didn't want to give that up.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #1494
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
Quote:

I don't have stripes, but if I picked a color I would say I'd go with black for sure. White looks just as good on IOM but I think I'd personally want to go with a meaner look, and to do that you need black.
I say don't get a sunroof. You would only use it part of the year anyway, plus it could leak. I like my reverse Mohawk on the roof.
I wonder if the sunroof is tinted? Would having the sun come in through it while parked outside all day increase sun damage to the interior? Just something I thought of.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #1495
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
from Jspeak32 "I decided that the orange two-tone seats might be too much and I would get tired of seeing them after awhile. But the biggest factor was while the orange led lighting is cool, I really liked the blue accent lights, and didn't want to give that up."

Same interior as you and the exact thought process I had.
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #1496
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulss View Post
Congrats raulss - I'll bet you're experiencing permagrin!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #1497
sgseward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
I have IOM exterior and I went with just the black leather seats. My panels are gray, which is what you get with black leather as an option. I like my panels, I think if GM decided to make them black, it would be too much of the same color. Gray breaks it up.

It was a hard decision for me as to whether to go with the black leather option, or the iom interior option. I decided that the orange two-tone seats might be too much and I would get tired of seeing them after awhile. But the biggest factor was while the orange led lighting is cool, I really liked the blue accent lights, and didn't want to give that up.
Great! That's what I was wondering. We looked at an IOM 2SS locally...just what we wanted except it had the body kit. I've seen some pics that look like they don't have any panels at all, but I think that was just bad lighting. We've had the exact thoughts you did about the Orange seats. I love the look, but I'm just afraid its to much. As of today, it's gonna be a black interior...unless I change my mind again!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:34 PM   #1498
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Great! That's what I was wondering. We looked at an IOM 2SS locally...just what we wanted except it had the body kit. I've seen some pics that look like they don't have any panels at all, but I think that was just bad lighting. We've had the exact thoughts you did about the Orange seats. I love the look, but I'm just afraid its to much. As of today, it's gonna be a black interior...unless I change my mind again!
A LOT of people with really strong opinions have looked at my car and nobody has ever said that all the orange is "too much" or even that they didn't like the seats. And if you knew my friends you'd know they'd love to rag on them if they didn't like them so you can get them with total assurance that they look great and aren't as overpowering as it seems like they might be. Unless you're talking about they money being "too much". I think it's ridiculous that they charge you so much extra money just for a colour with no additional content whatsoever, especially after charging you extra for the exteriour colour too!!!

Tags
amazing, gorgeous, inferno orange, inferno orange camaro, inferno orange metallic, inferno orange metallic camaro, iom, iom camaro, orange camaro