Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #1499
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
LOL....We just grow running backs over here........especially ones who can bench 475 and squat 600.......Of course I am biased in my opinion but that is to be expected.

OU used to be running back U........

DAM OU lol Oh well Good ol Lone Star State work horses lol

Couldnt help but Google All time Running back universities and I found this........

25. KANSAS

Notable RB's John Riggins and Gale Sayers.

Though hardly the bastion of backs, Kansas deserves mention for producing two of the greatest backs of all time. Riggins is one of only seven running backs in history to capture Super Bowl MVP honors, which he did in 1983 with Washington.

All in all, the Jayhawks have sent 11 backs to the NFL and two have gone in the first round.

24. CALIFORNIA

Notable RB's - JJ Arrington, Marshawn Lynch and Chuck Muncie.

The Golden Bears have provided the NFL with 13 pro-caliber rushers, with three were selected in the first round.

23. CLEMSON

Notable RB's - Terry Allen, Kevin Mack and CJ Spiller.

Clemson has provided 17 running backs a launchpad into the NFL, with three going pro via the first round of the draft.

22. PITTSBURGH

Notable RB's - Tony Dorsett, Craig Heyward, Curtis Martin and Randy McMillian.

Pitt's Tony Dorsett took home the Heisman in 1976, foreshadowing an award-winning pro career.

In total the Panthers have had 18 rushers drafted, three going in the first round.

21. LSU

Notable RB's - Joseph Addai, Charles Alexander, Kevin Faulk, Jacob Hester, Harvey Williams and Billy Cannon.

In total LSU has pumped out 26 pro level backs, three first-rounders and the winner of the 1959 Heisman Billy Cannon.

Regardless of the impressive number, you don't necessarily think "running back U" when you think of LSU.

20. TEXAS A&M

Notable RB's - Bubba Bean, Curtis Dickey, Greg Hill, Detron Smith, John David Crow and Rodney Thomas.

The Aggies have provided the NFL with a long list of players and the running back position is no exception.

Texas A&M's rushing stats include 21 drafted with five in the first round. John David Crow took home the 1957 Heisman.

19. SOUTH CAROLINA

Notable RB's - Dan Reeves, George Rogers, Duce Staley and Marcus Lattimore.

The Game****s have provided the NFL with only 13 running backs over the years, but they certainly didn't waste their opportunities in giving up two world-class players with another guy on the way.

George Rogers won the Heisman in 1980 and if Marcus Lattimore could have avoided his 2011 injury, he may well have been the second Game**** to capture the elusive bronze statue.

18. SYRACUSE

Notable RB's - Larry Csonka, Daryl Johnston, Floyd Little, Ernie Davis and Jim Brown.

The Orange are another program with lower overall totals (16 backs drafted, two first rounders) that still manage to pack a powerful punch.

In 1961 Ernie Davis became the first African-American to win the Heisman. Then in 1974 Larry Csonka was named the MVP of Super Bowl VIII.

What hurts Syracuse on the overall list is that the bulk of its most impressive contributions have been less recent than others.

17. OREGON

Notable RB's - LaGarrette Blount, Maurice Morris, Jonathan Stewart and LaMichael James.

The Ducks have cranked out 16 NFL-caliber backs. Two were drafted in the first round and if things keep rolling along in Eugene then watch out, because Heismans and increased production capacity might be right around the corner.

16. OKLAHOMA STATE

Notable RB's - Tatum Bell, Walt Garrison, Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas and Kendall Hunter.

The Cowboys lay claim to granting the football world two of the best all-time speedsters in Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas.

Sanders' record-setting 1988 earned him a concrete spot in the record book and the Heisman trophy. Though Oklahoma State continues to be prolific offensively, its pass-dominated attack is less likely to crank out bulk quantities

15. COLORADO

Notable RB's - Bobby Anderson, Eric Bieniemy, Cullen Bryant, Bo Matthews and Rashaan Salaam.

The Buffaloes have provided a launch pad to the NFL for a whopping 24 backs and among their three first-round selections was 1994 Heisman winner Rashann Salaam.

14. ALABAMA

Notable RB's - Shaun Alexander, Wilbur Jackson, Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.

The Tide absolutely get the tip of the cap for recent production, which includes 2009 Heisman winner Mark Ingram, and could very realistically add Trent Richardson to the high honors list in 2011.

In total, Alabama has sent 23 rushers to the pros, including three first-round selections.

13. FLORIDA STATE

Notable RB's - Edgar Bennett, Marion Butts, Dexter Carter, Warrick Dunn, Amp Lee, Greg Jones, Sammie Smith and Leon Washington.

As is the case with virtually every skill position, Florida State's running back honor roll reads like a dream team roster.

At present, 19 Seminole backs have made it to the NFL and three of these went via the tasty first round.

12. AUBURN

Notable RB's - Bo Jackson, Rudi Johnson, Cadillac Williams, Tommie Agee, James Brooks, Ronnie Brown and Leon Washington.

Perhaps under-appreciated among running back factory trackers, Auburn's production has turned out far more than 1985 Heisman winner and super-athlete Bo Jackson.

Just one rusher shy of two dozen have made the pros from Auburn and a sizzling five of these athletes have been first-rounders.

11. FLORIDA

Notable RB's - Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton, Emmitt Smith, Larry Smith and Fred Taylor.

Even though when you think of Florida running backs you might immediately think of Emmitt Smith (who earned Super Bowl XXVIII honors on his way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame), the Gators have sent 22 backs to the NFL and a whopping six of these have gone in the first round.

10. MICHIGAN

Notable RB's - Tim Biakabutuka, Ron Johnson, Rob Lytle, Tom Harmon and Tyrone Wheatley.

Michigan's notable list might not knock your socks off, but the Wolverines have sent 28 running backs pro-wards and five of these guys have first round honors.

Additionally, Wolverine Tom Harmon captured the 1940 Heisman trophy.

9. NOTRE DAME

Notable RB's - Greg Bell, Jerome Bettis, Rocky Bleier, Julius Jones, Johnny Lattner and Ricky Watters.

The thing about Notre Dame is they've produced so many professional caliber players (over 500 in all) that when you list who's provided the most athletes at any position, the Irish are going to be near the top of the list.

In terms of running backs, Notre Dame has cranked out 31 professionals and three were nabbed in the first round. Additionally, Johnny Lattner earned the 1953 Heisman trophy.

8. NEBRASKA

Notable RB's - Roger Craig, Ahman Green, Brandon Jackson, Calvin Jones, Tom Rathman and Mark Rozier.

Those beefy Cornhusker linemen have led 30 Nebraska rushers to the NFL and three of these were selected in the coveted and oh, so lucrative first round.

7. GEORGIA

Notable RB's - Terrell Davis, Rodney Hampton, Garrison Hearst, Herschel Walker, Frank Sinkwich and Tim Worley.

It's hard to argue with the Bulldogs' two rushing Heismans (Walker in 1982 and Sinkwich in 1942), combined with Terrell Davis' MVP honors in the 1998 Super Bowl with Denver.

Add 27 pro caliber rushers and six first rounders and you've got an argument for Georgia being even higher in our top 25 sweepstakes.

6. TEXAS

Notable RB's - Cedric Benson, Earl Campbell, Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf, Ricky Williams, Jammal Charles and Chris Gilbert.

Though the Longhorn's total numbers are the lowest among the elite teams on our listing (18 total drafted and only four first-rounders), quality makes up for quantity for Texas.

Ricky Williams (1998) and Earl Campbell (1977) both captured a Heisman and the rest of the guys on the list are world-class.

5. MIAMI

Notable RB's - Ottis Anderson, Chuck Foreman, Alonzo Highsmith, Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee and Clinton Portis.

The Hurricanes offer up a super set of backs and all in all have provided pro football with 29 rushers, six first-rounders.

One of the highest Miami running back honors came in 1991 when Ottis Anderson captured the Super Bowl MVP award in 1991.

4. OKLAHOMA

Notable RB's - Dexter Bussey, Adrian Peterson, Greg Pruitt, Steve Sewell, Billy Sims, Spencer Tillman, Joe Washington, Steve Owens and Billy Vessels.

The Sooners have pumped out a mind-boggling 39 pro rushers and six first-rounders. Their trophy case is chock-full with running awards, which is bolstered by three Heisman trophies (Sims in 1978, Owens in 1969 and Vessels in 1952).

3. PENN STATE

Notable RB's - John Cappelletti, Ki-Jana Carter, DJ Dozier, Franco Harris, Larry Johnson, Steve Smith, Matt Suhey and Blair Thomas.

Penn State's lone Heisman came in 1973 when Cappelletti captured the bronze. Other than that, the Nittany Lions have flooded the pro ranks with 30 rushers and nine went in the first round.

Penn State is a case where quantity and quality meet and make beautiful music.

2. OHIO STATE

Notable RB's - Keith Byars, Eddie George, Archie Griffin, Tom Matte, Robert Smith, Matt Snell, Chris Wells, Howard Cassady, Les Horvath and Vic Janowicz.

Ohio State has provided football with great running backs with an alluring consistency.

In all, the Buckeyes have cranked out 28 backs, nine first-rounders and five Heisman trophies (Horvath in 1944, Janowicz in 1950, Cassaday in 1955 and Griffin in 1974 and 1975).

1. USC

Notable RB's - Marcus Allen, Ricky Bell, Reggie Bush, Sam Cunningham, Mike Hull, OJ Simpson, Charles White and Mike Garrett.

Aptly referred to as "Tailback U," USC has manufactured an almost alarming number of high caliber running backs over the years.

The Trojans statistical resume includes 34 pro backs, six first-rounders and five Heismans (Garrett in 1965, Simpson in 1968, White in 1979, Allen in 1981 and Bush in 2005).

What's most impressive about USC is the fact that they've cranked out all its Heisman winners since 1965 (i.e. it's not a bunch of older guys) and really the talent pool has never ever run dry.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #1500
Vulpine
'the Outcast'

Drives: N/A
14. ALABAMA

Notable RB's - Shaun Alexander, Wilbur Jackson, Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson.

The Tide absolutely get the tip of the cap for recent production, which includes 2009 Heisman winner Mark Ingram, and could very realistically add Trent Richardson to the high honors list in 2011.

In total, Alabama has sent 23 rushers to the pros, including three first-round selections

I sent one of those 23 rushers from the pros to FCC Forest City...Sherman Williams...aka dope slinger in Mobile, AL

He is a piece of trash...just proves you cannot take the hood out of the rat.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #1501
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Alabama to get NFL franchise...
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #1502
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrocJack View Post
Alabama to get NFL franchise...
lol. My youtube volume was muted, so all I saw was a frozen video and got suspicious.

PQ will probably not be as fortunate

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #1503
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Rick Rolled, LOL There will NEVER be a professional sports team in Alabama for very long...it can not compete with college football down here...Usually the Braves, Saints or Falcons are who we support.

Congrats to RGIII for the Heisman it is well deserved and To Trent for the Doak Walker, Barrett Jones for the Outland.

Funny thing to me is RGIII won the south in voting.

I think alot has to do with the ESPN special about Alabama/Auburn winning back to back Heismans and National Championships...kinda neat in my book.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #1504
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
WOW. I didn't even know that OU had the most pro running backs.

But, ya, I figured USC would be up top.

I clicked the Rick Roll because at this point I almost feel obligated.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #1505
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
WOW. I didn't even know that OU had the most pro running backs.

But, ya, I figured USC would be up top.

I clicked the Rick Roll because at this point I almost feel obligated.
I only got past the synth drum before pausing it. All because YT banned the Rick Roll video. As for Ohio State's ranking as #2.. I think that's 75% due to The Ohio Lord and Savior: Archie Griffin.

Seriously.. that was some crazy stuff (Pops enrolled and his first quarter was Archie's last) back in the 70s at Ohio State. Now.. well like I said earlier; it's all about the money and clout. Never about down and dirty fun to watch football. Not since the early post war years.

I can't enjoy any real football outside of just backyard brawls..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #1506
PQ
Booooosted.

Was just getting online to order my son a few OU Sooners things for Christmas and the auto finish part of my search said this.

LMAO

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  119.0 KB
Old 12-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #1507
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Was just getting online to order my son a few OU Sooners things for Christmas and the auto finish part of my search said this.

LMAO
PQ, feel free to blow this picture up and put it on the Son's wall or a T-shirt!!!

PonyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1508
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS

Love is in the air lol

PQ did you end up buying him anything if so what ? ( being serious not gonna make a joke lol )
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:06 PM   #1509
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post

Love is in the air lol

PQ did you end up buying him anything if so what ? ( being serious not gonna make a joke lol )
4 T-Shirts, 2 hats, 2 knit Caps, a keychain thing, some house slippers and last week I had already ordered his Bills stuff. Much the same bunch of stuff.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #1510
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I don't even have that much team apparel. Does giving the University of Texas 4 semesters of tuition count?

Old 12-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #1511
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I don't even have that much team apparel. Does giving the University of Texas 4 semesters of tuition count?
Funny thing is my son won't be going to OU.

With us it's a football thing. I lived there and started rooting for OU as a child all my life. Moved away and really think ftmp that college football sucks until they can figure out how to make it a fans sport. That's just my opinion. I follow it with an amount of passion because my childhood 'Team' is always in the top 10.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #1512
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I like your avatar, though...