Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #127
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
That may have been it, I remember hearing about it, but really didn't pay attention since I've never bought a car by accident.

Nice find though.
I traded in my Scion Tc for a Toyota Corolla S and I never regretted it but after a year I realized I missed having a fun car. Corolla was nice though
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #128
newred2010

Drives: 2010 camaro r.s. V-6,92 cadillac el
I kinda did the opposite, I bought a 2007 magnum hemi (first Chrysler product in many years) I was a fan of older cadillacs, the magnum wasn't a fun car,when the new Camaros came out, I had to have one, I have the V-6 and very impressed with it, I was quite let down with the magnum, mainly poor ride, I liked the looks of them though.
newred2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #129
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Well at least you didn't get a Challenger! In a Charger you get more room for well... Uh doing whatever!
CruisingSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #130
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Dude, really? Your response was way more unnecessary. Besides that fact, you posted this on here asking for advice and opinions, he gave his. There's no need to be rude and hostile over something you caused.

Your car is gone, face it. You have 3 choices, you trade in the Charger and finance your old camaro and call it a day. Which sucks because you should of just paid the car off and kept it. Or you trade in the Charger and get a new Camaro or you keep the Charger and suck it up. Either way you now have a $20,000+ loan, might as well get the car you want.

The dealership offering you 24K btw is pretty reasonable. They don't owe you anything more than they originally gave you.
This! Pay on a car that you're happy paying on and will enjoy! Because happiness is priceless!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #131
DFW_Inferno
Account Suspended

Drives: SOLD - 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS
Yeah I gave up my 2013 Z71 for my Camaro less than 3 months ago. The love wore off in a few weeks. It got to the point that I wouldn't even go out to the garage. I even put some goodies on the car. I hated it so much that it took it right in the shorts and traded it in on another truck. I will never look back and have learned a valuable lesson! Get what you want because it will never be right until then!
DFW_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #132
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
You traded a V6 and would buy the same V6 again? If you want a camaro again get the refresh of the 2014... It's really growing on me I might have to trade mine in for an SS 2015 but I want to see the 2016 first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post

Uhhhhhhh , why don't you go get you a 14 then! LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Damn seems like your SOL, unless you want to start losing thousands of dollars.

14 Charger RT, I'd take that over your old ride and MY ride any day lol

Yikes! Then why don't you go and trade your. car in for in for that Charger! Those are to plain looking and have no muscle look to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatS View Post
A dodge charger R/T, I assume AWD? It'll grow one you. That would have been my 2nd choice if I hadn't gotten a Camaro.
I guess! I'd definitely, choose a challenger over those chargers!

Why are you putting down a persons car? Trading down is how you look. at it and just a opinion! You think any V8. car is better than no V8?

OP if it means that much to you , go get it back! I wouldn't care about the payments happiness is what matters! Remember you only live once! And you can leave this earth sooner than later! So get what you're happy with! Not what others is happy with! Plus, you'll be paying less than you are for the charger that you don't like!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
A correlation only a butthurt V6 owner would make.

Going from a Charger R/T down to a LS Camaro is a downgrade no matter how you look at it.
Congratulations...on elevating yourself to Camaro5.com's newest resident "Richard Cranium".
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 07-02-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #133
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I'm not sure what you guys are on about. If you read the article Baba posted you'll see where it clearly says,

"Your legal rights can be summed up in the one sentence that's posted on the wall of many dealership sales offices: "There is no cooling-off period." There is a federal cooling-off rule, which is primarily meant to protect consumers from high-pressure door-to-door sales tactics. It doesn't apply to automobiles. If you signed the sales contract, you own the car. And the law is on the side of the dealer."

What the dealer does on a case by case basis is their prerogative. The law says however, you have no legal ground to stand on as far as changing ones mind after you bought the car.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #134
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Inferno View Post
Yeah I gave up my 2013 Z71 for my Camaro less than 3 months ago. The love wore off in a few weeks. It got to the point that I wouldn't even go out to the garage. I even put some goodies on the car. I hated it so much that it took it right in the shorts and traded it in on another truck. I will never look back and have learned a valuable lesson! Get what you want because it will never be right until then!
Unless you really need or miss the truck I agree with you. The new wears off VERY quickly for me, like in a matter of weeks. That is why I only buy a new once in a blue moon, whatever the hell that means lol....
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #135
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
Wait it out a few weeks and see what your thoughts are.

I too get sentimental with cars that have served me well. I always struggle to let go of them. At that end of the day, though, it is just a machine. I have told my wife I will have my Camaro for 20+ years, and I truly think I will, but like everything non living it can be replaced.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #136
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
You traded a V6 and would buy the same V6 again? If you want a camaro again get the refresh of the 2014... It's really growing on me I might have to trade mine in for an SS 2015 but I want to see the 2016 first...
Not me , I still look at those silly taillight and cringe sorry but true ,2010-2013 is the best hands down
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #137
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Congratulations...on elevating yourself to Camaro5.com's newest resident "Richard Cranium".
Mad????
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:32 PM   #138
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Thats one thing i hate about these forums. The brand loyalty folks bashing everything except what they have. I have zero brand loyalty, I buy what gives me the best bang for buck and what i like.
Same here. When I traded in my Mazda MX-5 for a Camaro, so many people asked, "what, you don't like Mazdas anymore? You're a Chevy man now?" (No, I just like the Camaro better than my MX-5). One guy even asked why I like Chevy better than Ford (basically asking why I didn't get a Mustang). I don't care who makes it, all that matters is if I like it and if it's dependable. You'll never see my car with one of those rear window stickers of Calvin peeing on a car logo.
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #139
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
Same here. When I traded in my Mazda MX-5 for a Camaro, so many people asked, "what, you don't like Mazdas anymore? You're a Chevy man now?" (No, I just like the Camaro better than my MX-5). One guy even asked why I like Chevy better than Ford (basically asking why I didn't get a Mustang). I don't care who makes it, all that matters is if I like it and if it's dependable. You'll never see my car with one of those rear window stickers of Calvin peeing on a car logo.

I love Mustang's, Camaro's, G wagon's, Vettes, Challengers, Rams, Silverado's, Tundra's...I just like what I like I don't care who makes it! People are SILLY!
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:06 AM   #140
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Mad????
RAGING!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."

Last edited by Baba; 07-03-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote