Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #141
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by G200 Pilot View Post
I flew into Westchester NY this past tuesday in real crappy weather. It was obvious to me that stalled system was not going to leave anytime soon. Did Big Dog or any of the other big builds do anything?
Big Dog is bust with a huge project at his house and Ray (1017 rwhp) showed right as the rain started. June 15th should get done more heads up there.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #142
Rat

Drives: ZL1/TBSS/COPO
How soon is Nick going to have a revised version ready for the public?

My TBSS needs a 102 bad... 700rwhp and 853rwtq with a 90mm the last time on a Dynojet.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #143
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i can,t speak for nick, but i believe there are further testing in process b4 anything happens...jamie had proven issues and as of now testing is going well...still need a couple 1/4 miles under his belt and that would be promising..also i believe tommy is also testing a new 102 and am sure as soon as he gets some reults we will hear back...i don,t believe anyone wants to jump the gun and say all looks good till they have proven results , whether its proming or not...i believe a couple weeks down the road and we will get some news..
Old 05-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #144
Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i can,t speak for nick, but i believe there are further testing in process b4 anything happens...jamie had proven issues and as of now testing is going well...still need a couple 1/4 miles under his belt and that would be promising..also i believe tommy is also testing a new 102 and am sure as soon as he gets some reults we will hear back...i don,t believe anyone wants to jump the gun and say all looks good till they have proven results , whether its proming or not...i believe a couple weeks down the road and we will get some news..

Any chance another is needed for R&D?

I'm sure he needs a truck tester.

New from Ray! 1" spacer.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #145
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Any chance another is needed for R&D?

I'm sure he needs a truck tester.

New from Ray! 1" spacer.

Looks greAT! at 700 rwhp you may be ok,get Ray to make you a 1 inch tb spacer and ill bet youll be fine
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #146
Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Looks greAT! at 700 rwhp you may be ok,get Ray to make you a 1 inch tb spacer and ill bet youll be fine
I will be 800 at the wheels next time out no spray, whole new setup (heads,cam and spacer on E85)

150shot will put me damn close to 1000rwhp! Been over 4 weeks waiting on a TPIS 102. Guess we will have to see how far I can go with a 90mm.

Just always looking for a bit extra!

Any clue when you guys will have more testing done?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #147
mikepage0007

rat, what kind sc you running..any belt slip issues
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #148
Rat

Mike...

Im running a Magnuson jackshaft tvs2300 Cog overdriven rear, 2.7 pulley, 5% overdriven crank balancer, 102mm intake hat, 1" spacer 115lbs injectors, meth and spray.... Going to e85 and ditching the meth soon. Just put good heads, a big cam and installing a chiller system for the intercooler. All I need is a 102mm TB.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #149
Nick Williams

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Mike...

Im running a Magnuson jackshaft tvs2300 Cog overdriven rear, 2.7 pulley, 5% overdriven crank balancer, 102mm intake hat, 1" spacer 115lbs injectors, meth and spray.... Going to e85 and ditching the meth soon. Just put good heads, a big cam and installing a chiller system for the intercooler. All I need is a 102mm TB.

I will try to make some more prototype parts over the weekend so that I can send more out to be tested.

Nick
Nick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #150
Nick Williams

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Update: Had the "new" NW 102 at the track today. Only managed 2 1/8 passes but no issues with it shutting. Seemed like it would have been ok for the full 1/4 because I did get the car into fourth.

When do you think you can get back to the track again?
Nick Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #151
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Williams View Post
When do you think you can get back to the track again?
Nick,
I apologize but with my health I'm not going to be racing anymore for 2012. Ted actually has the throttle body now at the shop. There may be a possibility that we can test it at the Camaro fest with someone else driving. I know that two months away but that looks like that may be the first opportunity. I'm hopeful that I'll at least be able to make the trip. The new tb really seemed to work great. I was well into fourth gear on one of the 1/8th passes and no issues. They would have shown up way before then. Thanks again for jumping on this. Don't hesitate to let me know if there is something Ted or myself can help you with.

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 06-11-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #152
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Holy crap before that my Camaro should be done I'm assuming we have similiar setups should have some good runs in by then!!!
Get better we need to race sometime if not I will be happy to run your Camaro at Camarofest you can hold my hand and ride B@#$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Nick,
I apologize but with my health I'm not going to be racing anymore for 2012. Ted actually has the throttle body now at the shop. There may be a possibility that we can test it at the Camaro fest with someone else driving. I know that two months away but that looks like that may be the first opportunity. I'm hopeful that I'll at least be able to make the trip. The new tb really seemed to work great. I was well into fourth gear on one of the 1/8th passes and no issues. They would have shown up way before then. Thanks again for jumping on this. Don't hesitate to let me know if there is something Ted or myself can help you with.

Jamie

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #153
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Holy crap before that my Camaro should be done I'm assuming we have similiar setups should have some good runs in by then!!!
Get better we need to race sometime if not I will be happy to run your Camaro at Camarofest you can hold my hand and ride B@#$!
I do have a full 5 point harness on the passenger side. I think that would def be a first!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #154
mikepage0007

thanks nick for keeping us in the loop on progress and also 'GET BETTER" to jamie..hang in there bud, we need your darkside of humor..btw, who else can huff pick on and keep us amused...

Tags
boooo, oc2donefixed