Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #141
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Except that's not a production Camaro. That run was during development in summer of 2008. First production cars rolled off the line nearly 1 year later. That car was still in testing. At least the VIR times are production cars by the same test group (Car and Driver) with the same methodology. These Nurburgring times are comparing a Japanese auto mag to the Chevrolet TEST team.

I'm still waiting for you to show me the part where it runs circles around the pony cars...
All I'm gathering from that is that we're comparing magazine drivers to the people who actually R&D'd the car...and the mag drivers won...
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #142
SuperFly03

Drives: 2010 Kona Blue GT500
@ this thread

You've been Thread Jacked by SF03!
Current Car: 2010 Kona Blue Shelby GT500 M6
Previous Car:
2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Two Back: 2007 Black Shelby GT500 M6
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #143
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
@ this thread
Hey, I just jumped in at somebody's "lol evo" comment. I honestly don't know how it got here
Old 09-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #144
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasReturned View Post
Well next time maybe I'll call a zr1 an economy car stuffed with a blower since it has a cheap interior. Now do you catch my drift? It doesn't sound like I think of the zr1 as a sports car, even though it clearly is...
He said it because thats what the Mitusbishi Lancer really is ... a 4 banger FWD economy car. Whatever the faults of the Corvette are, it is not an economy car at heart. The Evo has often been referred to as a $15k with a $15k powertrain, and those people aren't too far off the mark.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #145
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
reading is a skill cuz. i didn't reference that 1. you just took it like that..(not sure why) even after the link was posted to clarify. maybe your just BLINDED by anything not GM.
i would never own the evo but still can't deny the numbers for under 50k.i will clarify again the car in the video
vs the other 3 wins on the street or around the track. end of story; let's just move on here.i have a friend who happens to be a GM at a local MIZU dealership and he stated the car in the video will come to the us in 2012 for under 50k.

http://bullit.ditttos.com/general/to...vs-lamborghini

You posted a link yes, but I quoted your wording and guess what you STATED IN TEXT it was an EVO 8. Go back and read it. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension CUZ... How old are you anyway 12?
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #146
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
umm watch the latest episode of TOP GEAR
it's the evo 8 and it's still fugly but fast.
it will out run any of them from 0-60. just shows you can make any car fast for pretty cheap.
4 doors and faster off the line than cts-v
SPEED ISN'T EVERYTHING.

Here it is again son. You wrote EVO 8, what more do I have to say. Hooked on phonics?
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
Old 09-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #147
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Alright, back on topic or the thread gets closed

2011 Challenger Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs29j8 View Post
Decent ratings, but I had hoped for a full 500 HP/480 Lb-FT Trq...

The new Pentastar V6 comes out better than rumored... 305 HP/ 268 LB-FT Trq...

The 5.7L Hemi gets a small upgrade to 379 HP/410 LB_FT Trq...

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #148
xs29j8
Hemis, Six Packs, & Wings

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8 & Old Mopars
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Alright, back on topic or the thread gets closed

2011 Challenger Info
Thanks... Before this last wild ride, the discussion between new Camaro owners about the new Challenger was interesting to watch. As a Mopar fan, I generally try to stay clear of the disagreements about the competition between the three US rivals on the non-Mopar forums that I visit. Fortunately, many of the more outlandish statements being made are being challenged by other Camaro owners, even the Mods!

I believe that all three of the new Musclecars have their pros & cons, and the Challenger is the best fit for me... at 6'3"/260 lb, that's even literally true! Those from any of the 3 camps (GM,Ford,Chrysler) that really believe the competition is not due any respect are setting themselves up for a rude awakening sooner or later... IMHO

XS
Old 09-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #149
alrox

Drives: corvette
Why are virtually all other 2011 models from other manufacturers out right now, whereas Chrysler just announced them as a future product?

I believe the answer is the financial instability and mass internal restructuring of Chrysler in its death spiral that prevents them from competing directly with other car manufacturers. I think this should serve as a warning to potential consumers about the longterm viability of the company.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #150
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
Why are virtually all other 2011 models from other manufacturers out right now, whereas Chrysler just announced them as a future product?

I believe the answer is the financial instability and mass internal restructuring of Chrysler in its death spiral that prevents them from competing directly with other car manufacturers. I think this should serve as a warning to potential consumers about the longterm viability of the company.
Could you please take your nonsense somewhere else?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #151
alrox

Drives: corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Could you please take your nonsense somewhere else?
No. It's directly related to 2011 Challengers which is the topic of this thread.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #152
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
No. It's directly related to 2011 Challengers which is the topic of this thread.
but it is conspiracy crap, they are havning to chnge over and retool factories for the new and refreshed models, with so many changes, changes have to be made at their factories, plus they are in the final stages of testing. THey have and are doing a lot in a very short time period. You realize in most cases when a new car comes out they are already working on it's replacement, right?

Anywho, my only post to you anbout this nonsensical blabber.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #153
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:

2011's can be introduced anytime between January and December 2010 iicr. Usually they get brought out in the late summer/early fall. This is also why every automaker has some great big sales event at this time of year, often called a clearance event and most commonly involves employee pricing. They get rid of the old stock and bring in the new model year. Ironically, since most manufacturers have moved to introducing new models and updates somewhat early in the year, bringing something new out around now could give them more media attention than they otherwise would have gotten.

On a side note, please stop with the self-fulfilling prophecy. Using your logic, people shouldn't buy Chrysler products because the company won't last. But, if people don't buy the cars and trucks ... the company won't last. So the reason becomes the cause for the reason, making it a false argument.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #154
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
You posted a link yes, but I quoted your wording and guess what you STATED IN TEXT it was an EVO 8. Go back and read it. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension CUZ... How old are you anyway 12?
DUDE! you need help.
seriously debatting with you is like the special olympics
"you might win but your still a ...........?
Closed Thread