Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #141
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
How is it more special than Blue or Orange?
because it would statistically have fewer orders
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:47 AM   #142
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
This or nothing

I would even take something like this

I could go for any of these. the last one im still kinda finicky on, but its growing on me.

Quote:
How is it more special than Blue or Orange?
to you it might not be. same as CGM is just Gray to some people.

Green camaros mean a lot to some people. (like me for instance, as every camaro I've owned has been a green of some sort)

I canceled my initial pre-order for an IBM 2SS/RS because "a little birdy" told me there would be a strong possibility of a green camaro coming out. (there were other reasons behind the cancellation, but that was a big one)

I know that the Green Camaro Fanatics might be the minority in the overall swing of things, but the point still stands that (and I know GM wants to please as many of us as they can, as impossible as it is) if they offer a green, it should not be resemblant of the near-neon mopar green, nor should it be the light-pea-soup/baby-vomit green of the mustang. its should be a deep green, doesnt have to be dark, just deep. like a bowl of green jell-o that you can just fall into and love. I dont want a neon green camaro, or a too-far-on-the-yellow-side-of-the-spectrum green. I dont know, really. maybe GM has something "else" in mind for the green. I havent seen the Synergy green in person, so maybe it will look better than pictures and photochops. but camaro greens have been deep and passionate. just like our love for this car. and when I add my 2010 to my collection of green camaros, I dont want it standing out like a sore thumb.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #143
AGM76

Drives: 1995 z28 - 2000 SS - 08' vette
How do I feel about frilly touthpicks? I'm FOR em!!!!
AGM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #144
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I could go for any of these. the last one im still kinda finicky on, but its growing on me.

to you it might not be. same as CGM is just Gray to some people.

Green camaros mean a lot to some people. (like me for instance, as every camaro I've owned has been a green of some sort)

I canceled my initial pre-order for an IBM 2SS/RS because "a little birdy" told me there would be a strong possibility of a green camaro coming out. (there were other reasons behind the cancellation, but that was a big one)

I know that the Green Camaro Fanatics might be the minority in the overall swing of things, but the point still stands that (and I know GM wants to please as many of us as they can, as impossible as it is) if they offer a green, it should not be resemblant of the near-neon mopar green, nor should it be the light-pea-soup/baby-vomit green of the mustang. its should be a deep green, doesnt have to be dark, just deep. like a bowl of green jell-o that you can just fall into and love. I dont want a neon green camaro, or a too-far-on-the-yellow-side-of-the-spectrum green. I dont know, really. maybe GM has something "else" in mind for the green. I havent seen the Synergy green in person, so maybe it will look better than pictures and photochops. but camaro greens have been deep and passionate. just like our love for this car. and when I add my 2010 to my collection of green camaros, I dont want it standing out like a sore thumb.
I was more refering to how the orange that is offered isn't hugger, because I would consider that to be special, more than any particular shade of green. I would prefer a medium-dark green too, like you and others, possibly something like a green version of IBM. But if its offered, it would have to replace one of the other colours. So maybe GM decided to kill one bright colour for another? I don't know. But again, this is if its offered.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #145
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
I was more refering to how the orange that is offered isn't hugger, because I would consider that to be special, more than any particular shade of green. I would prefer a medium-dark green too, like you and others, possibly something like a green version of IBM. But if its offered, it would have to replace one of the other colours. So maybe GM decided to kill one bright colour for another? I don't know. But again, this is if its offered.
they could get rid of CGM.... now that Tag's car has been built.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 04-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #146
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
they could get rid of CGM.... now that Tag's car has been built.
............. kchchchchchc..........

um... dispatch....

any available?

over............

.................kchchchch...........
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 AM   #147
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
New group

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=21
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #148
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
The thing that I don't understand is quite simply why GM doesn't post some shades of green on this and other Camaro sites and ask us all for feedback? After all, ... it's FREE! and would most likely save GM lots of money in R&D too!

Personally, I want green, but am not into the Vibrant Lime Green Met. I'm hearing all about. I would prefer a medium to dark green similar to those used on previous Corvettes and Camaros from the last generations.

Anyways, we're here to help and assist you FBODFATHER, just like we did when we requested a Blue SS at lanch so don't be affraid to ask us what green we would like the best!

Thanks,
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #149
SpeedKiills2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS duh...
i think the green is great. im gonna make it obvious im an immature teenage but the synergy green on the silverado looks like a mettalic weed color, LOL
SpeedKiills2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:13 PM   #150
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bret03 View Post
I'm thinking this will be closer to a "real life" depiction of Synergy Green...
Ah, probably a much better choice for a base image to work with. Those pictures completely slipped my mind. I'd bet that the real green is similar to that.

The green's still not for me, though...

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #151
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
The thing that I don't understand is quite simply why GM doesn't post some shades of green on this and other Camaro sites and ask us all for feedback? After all, ... it's FREE! and would most likely save GM lots of money in R&D too!

Personally, I want green, but am not into the Vibrant Lime Green Met. I'm hearing all about. I would prefer a medium to dark green similar to those used on previous Corvettes and Camaros from the last generations.

Anyways, we're here to help and assist you FBODFATHER, just like we did when we requested a Blue SS at lanch so don't be affraid to ask us what green we would like the best!

Thanks,

well, the thing to remember is its not just the people on the websites that will be buying the car. tho it will give a good number to the choices. but I could understand why they wont post up a number of colors to use. they are wanting to market the car to more than just the enthusiasts and forum browsers. and tho I dont like the Synergy green, if the rest of the world loves it and GM sells more cars because of it, so be it.

btw... in your sig.... Green. def. tho come christmas time, get one of each....lol

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 04-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #152
MIchael Westen

Drives: 1972 Dodge Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by bret03 View Post
Like this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post

DAMN!!! That is AWESOME!!!!
Agreed. That's perfect. Great job, bret03.
MIchael Westen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #153
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
especially the bold part.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #154
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
camaro greens have been deep and passionate. just like our love for this car.
just seems like reitterating.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: