Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #141
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Looks like a 12.02 stock time just came up with video and slips. But I'm sure there well be another conspiracy theory...trolls...

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #142
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Do you really care what "they" think...I don't!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #143
Scott@GMHTP

Drives: Middle Out Media
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...zl1/index.html

Baseline testing and modifications for mid 11s...
Scott@GMHTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #144
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
So the 12.04 was with drag radials. Idk why everyone assumed it was stock rubber, no one ever explicitly said it was.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #145
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@GMHTP View Post

Baseline testing and modifications for mid 11s...
Scott,

Nice image in your sig! LOL!

Will update you in a few hours.....

Howard
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #146
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRLOIN View Post
Why no bone stock run???

For crying out loud will someone please take this thing to the track and give us some more STOCK times!!! UGH lol...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
To me, DR's would not be considered "bone stock", but what do I know.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #147
Scott@GMHTP

Drives: Middle Out Media
Thanks Howard, can't wait!!!
Scott@GMHTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #148
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
"12.24 at 116mph with a mere 2.03 short-time" on stock tires per the article.

Keep up the good work Scott. I enjoy your magazine.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #149
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
To me, DR's would not be considered "bone stock", but what do I know.

PTM 5 is designed for a prepped track or Drag Radials. GM knew people would be taking the car to the track, so why not give the driver the option to pick what they want on the vehicle with out having to modify the computer?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #150
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you know what ASSuming does? They said stock run. so if they altered the tune before the stock run. then it wouldn't be a stock run. We will see when the article comes out. but they could have taken the car up there fully stock after the baseline dyno pull and had tweeked the tune and saved it on the computer with out uploading it to the car. then once swapping intakes at the track and possible tires, they uploaded the tune. which then we wouldn't know what the intake made on the dyno. so going to have to say that the stock pass and the intake pass were on different days.

when asked about stock times I don't think adding drag radials counts as stock. stock is as off the showroom floor. and i can ASSume that Redline would think the same thing.
Well boss, do you want any salt for that crow? I guess you better think next time you try to ASSume anything

nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #151
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
NHRA "STOCK" Definition

So All Those trying to pick the flyshit out of the pepper, read this! These are the rules. You gotta follow the rules dammit!

Stock
Stock cars are similar to their big brothers in Super Stock, but the rules regarding everything from engine modifications to body alterations are much stricter. Virtually any car is eligible to compete, and entries are classified using a system that divides factory shipping weight by NHRA-factored horsepower. Bodies must be unaltered and retain a full factory interior. Tires are limited to a maximum nine-inch-wide rear slick. Engines must be correct for the make and model vehicle and must retain stock cylinder heads, intake manifold, and carburetor or fuel injector. Modifications are limited to a basic balancing and rebuild with only a few performance enhancements.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #152
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
So All Those trying to pick the flyshit out of the pepper, read this! These are the rules. You gotta follow the rules dammit!

Stock
Stock cars are similar to their big brothers in Super Stock, but the rules regarding everything from engine modifications to body alterations are much stricter. Virtually any car is eligible to compete, and entries are classified using a system that divides factory shipping weight by NHRA-factored horsepower. Bodies must be unaltered and retain a full factory interior. Tires are limited to a maximum nine-inch-wide rear slick. Engines must be correct for the make and model vehicle and must retain stock cylinder heads, intake manifold, and carburetor or fuel injector. Modifications are limited to a basic balancing and rebuild with only a few performance enhancements.
I don't think people are talking about race class rules in this case, but more the "social norms" for what enthusiasts consider stock. In that case, stock would be how the car came off the showrrom floor. This car had tires, t-stat, line lock and the windshield resevoir removed, but I think the tires is the only thing people care about. That is why most forums have separate lists for stock and stock+tire.
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #153
Silver_Shelby
Automotive Enthusiast

Drives: Silver The Fastest Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post

Stock
I agree ,Drag Radials

Redline brought a set of lightweight 18-inch wheels from CCW that were an early prototype fitment. As it turned out, the front wheels just grazed the top of the steering knuckle, which was later trimmed for our next track session. However, the 18x11-inch rear wheels fit beautifully to wedge in the 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson drag radials. These tires were aired down to 16psi and immediately allowed the traction that the ZL1 so desperately needed. The slight increase in tire height slowed it to 115mph, but the added grip enabled a 12.04 with a 1.81 sixty-foot.The tires are quoted being used were 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson drag radials they have a10.20 in tread width
Silver_Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #154
capnkirk52
Banned

Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Were the prototype wheels lighter than stockers? What do the stockers wiegh?
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote