Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #141
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcm View Post
Get the passenger seat up higher .electric seat would be great!
Of course a spare for the SS and a wheel well to hold it!
electric seat. do you mean like the drivers seat. thats available. standard in the 2SS probably all the 2s but idk
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #142
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
I'm good with everything as is. Though they need to sell the recaro's to us...that's the only thing I want

Sunglasses holder? Wear them?
kind of presumptuous to think that people only drive when it is sunny and daylight.

where do you put them @ night or on cloudy days?

mine only stay in the car so when I don't need them they should be in a holder.

won't put them in the center console to get scratched up, and they don't fit in the console in their case cause the console is to damn small.

glove box, yeah maybe if it isn't locked, cause if it is and the car is running you are SOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
electric seat. do you mean like the drivers seat. thats available. standard in the 2SS probably all the 2s but idk

2010-2011 had a manual passenger seat, power for passenger in SS wasn't standard until 2012..
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #143
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ya but now it is available. it can be installed in a 10 or 11 right?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #144
nbsp

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM/IOM
Nothing tbh, my car is perfect (well, I wouldn't mind being able to use the radio in NZ and load other map/country support to the nav system)
nbsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #145
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
ya but now it is available. it can be installed in a 10 or 11 right?
I think I saw a how too floating around..

the person who asked about it probably wasn't aware it is not available.

I just found out that it became standard in 2012, I thought it had always been.. wasn't aware that it wasn't until about 2 weeks ago..
Old 01-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #146
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
Didnt read all 5 pages but I think the speedo and tach should trade spots
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #147
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Another thread just reminded me of an issue I have with these cars: Put the spare tire back! Surely GM can provide a light-weight "temporary" spare in the trunk. The idea of an air pump with sealant is ridiculous.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #148
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
A dark racing green! Something like the new Rainforest Green that they just added to the Cruze line....With my luck though they will finally offer it next model year since I just finally caved in and got a Bluray Metallic last week.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #149
coryrulez9

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Another thread just reminded me of an issue I have with these cars: Put the spare tire back! Surely GM can provide a light-weight "temporary" spare in the trunk. The idea of an air pump with sealant is ridiculous.
Mine has the spare tire, but it was a listed option that cost extra on the dealer sticker.
coryrulez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #150
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I have to agree with the sun visors. My fiancée laughs every time she pulls it down and calls them "cute little visors" but says they are pretty useless for how small they are.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #151
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
auto climate control should be as standard today as power windows and A/C. you can buy a cheap $10 thermostat for your house that does the same thing... it's not rocket science. I can't imagine anybody aruguing for manual controls... do you also like crank windows and no air conditioning? Challenger and Mustang offer climate control... cheap cars like Chevy's Cruze offers it.

A standard spare tire would be nice also!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #152
nferno
nferno SSLS3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I have absolutely no problems driving my manual with the radio controls, and I only use the steering wheel. It's not hard to bring your hand up and change the station.

Its not hard at all. Just your hand is closer to the raido knobs themself when it is on the shifter making it less safe to use. Moving up to the wheel to change the station is less convienet and that switch on the wheel is for convenience. I never use it. its useless. Drive a car with it on the left then you will see what I mean. It makes much more sense on the left. That is the only thing beside paint quality I would change on this car. Like someone said Previous Can't make everyone Happy. I love my car.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #153
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Should be keeping your hands on 10 and 2 when you're not shifting, anyway.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #154
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
auto climate control should be as standard today as power windows and A/C.
So give me a good reason why. "Because everybody else does" isn't good enough because somebody had to be first so the copycats would have something to copy.

Quote:
I can't imagine anybody aruguing for manual controls...
Why not? If nothing else, high-tech approaches to things that can be done mechanically takes most DIY'ers out of the picture while removing $100/hour from their wallets. How is that an unquestionably good thing?

Quote:
do you also like crank windows
Actually, I do. Did just fine with them all the way from pre-school to retirement.

Quote:
and no air conditioning?
Until 8, maybe 10 years ago even this was do-able (and I did without in one car up until fairly recently).

Quote:
A standard spare tire would be nice also!
YES.

Even T-spares are a PITA and not really suitable when you get a drive wheel flat on a car with either a limited slip differential or AWD.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
features standard missing