Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #141
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
I'm pulling for you, but this doesn't sound promising.
I'm doing the same...

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #142
AustinWithrow

Drives: 2013 Cammed/LSA Conversion 1LE
UPDATE: sorry guys I know I still haven't started this swap yet, but I have run into a few issues.. Having to buy a new set of tires before winter starts to hit (which isn't long) so I am having to get tires before I get the last few parts to finish up this swap. And plus it is winter now, and I am thinking about buying new heads and a cam so it might be a couple weeks or so before I get started. Hopefully it's sooner, but I do need about $500 of parts to get this started. Thank you guys for holding on, this swap is going to get done no matter how hard it is, or what it takes.. I'll keep you guys posted on the stuff when I buy the parts and actually get started.

And I can't get pics to upload from my phone? Idk why, but I will try to post them from my computer later!
Old 12-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #143
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
UPDATE: sorry guys I know I still haven't started this swap yet, but I have run into a few issues.. Having to buy a new set of tires before winter starts to hit (which isn't long) so I am having to get tires before I get the last few parts to finish up this swap. And plus it is winter now, and I am thinking about buying new heads and a cam so it might be a couple weeks or so before I get started. Hopefully it's sooner, but I do need about $500 of parts to get this started. Thank you guys for holding on, this swap is going to get done no matter how hard it is, or what it takes.. I'll keep you guys posted on the stuff when I buy the parts and actually get started.

And I can't get pics to upload from my phone? Idk why, but I will try to post them from my computer later!
Sooo...then this pretty much isn't going to happen, is it?

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #144
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Yeah man, a month since last update, Lets see some pics and an update!!!
Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #145
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explit Player View Post
Yeah man, a month since last update, Lets see some pics and an update!!!
Having to spend $1000 on tires set me back. We are going to be doing a lot of work to it this weekend though since we will have decent weather in my area. We will be taking the rear end out, take the dash harness out, all the modules, shifter, get the new oil pan put on, change crank pulley... And if I get the motor mounts and ac compressor bracket we will mount the ac compressor and grind down the spots that got welded on the block so we can bolt up the motor mounts! Until I can gather up a few lines and hoses that I need to buy. But it's finally starting to come together. Hopefully I can get the rest of the parts ordered this week and be ready to start pulling the v6 motor and Trans out by the end of next week or so. Sorry for such a long build, but I've had other matters to take care of first. And race season is months away, so no rush now. but I am ready to start and get it done!

*still won't let me upload pictures? Any ideas why?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #146
Pluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWithrow View Post
Having to spend $1000 on tires set me back. We are going to be doing a lot of work to it this weekend though since we will have decent weather in my area. We will be taking the rear end out, take the dash harness out, all the modules, shifter, get the new oil pan put on, change crank pulley... And if I get the motor mounts and ac compressor bracket we will mount the ac compressor and grind down the spots that got welded on the block so we can bolt up the motor mounts! Until I can gather up a few lines and hoses that I need to buy. But it's finally starting to come together. Hopefully I can get the rest of the parts ordered this week and be ready to start pulling the v6 motor and Trans out by the end of next week or so. Sorry for such a long build, but I've had other matters to take care of first. And race season is months away, so no rush now. but I am ready to start and get it done!

*still won't let me upload pictures? Any ideas why?
download the tapatalk app

Old 12-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #147
AustinWithrow

Look how clean she is on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #148
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Great job Austin.
Slow going, but a project of this magnitude, as a shade tree mechanic takes a while.
Don't sweat the grief when others start giving up and saying it won't happen. When I saw this I figured it would be in for the long haul over the next year or so. But the results should be excellent.
I know when I tackle this for myself, I'm going to need a few weeks vacation and a DD to get around while my Lola is having her heart transplant.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!

Last edited by mpiersd; 12-11-2014 at 02:46 PM.
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #149
AustinWithrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Great job Austin.
Slow going, but a projest of this magnitude as a shade tree mechanic takes a while.
Don't sweat the grief when others start giving up and saying it won't happen. When I saw this I figured it would be in for the long haul over the next year or so. But the results should be excellent.
I know when I tackle this for myself, I'm going to need a few weeks vacation and a DD to get around while my Lola is having her heart transplant.

Thanks man, yes it is a very big project. But I'm not giving up! I'll complete it soon, and I can't wait to see the results. I'm just glad I have the capability of doing this work myself. And you will definately need a few weeks lol.. And a DD. But I have been outside looking at some stuff and got a few pictures for you guys!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #150
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Yeah, at least a few weeks.

My plan is to continue to DD my V6 while I strip down the V8 donor car. Make any mods while the parts are out.
And then spend to 3 or4 weeks swapping parts out of and into the V6 once I sell the V8 shell off for scrap.
It's all about staging and planning.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #151
One Sick Camaro
That Cam though...

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS 02 T/A WS6 15 SSV
i'll give you credit but added the numbers up was cheaper for me to just buy the v8 and save myself title issues and inspection headaches. but hope you can do it man.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #152
AustinWithrow

Yeah, in Kentucky they aren't very strict on stuff like that. That's why I'm attempting it.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:05 PM   #153
AustinWithrow

UPDATE: bought my harmonic balancer pulley last week, it came in yesterday. Bought the rest of my ac compresor lines/ trans cooler lines today so they should be in by next week! Now all I need to get started is motor mount brackets, ac compressor bracket, transmission support, driver side rear rotor/ backing plate. We will be doing a lot of work this weekend getting everything out and ready to go on my car. I will take a lot of pictures and update this weekend a couple times!

Old 12-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #154
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
While the motor is out, it would be wise to inspect the clutch.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote