Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-15-2023, 12:11 AM   #141
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Supercharger progress update... did the 14/15 camaro heater hose update to clean up the engine bay a bit. No more unsightly hoses on top of the intake. Also got the ATI balancer pressed on and the ac belt lined up and stretch fit. Next is the dreaded crank pin drilling, then I can button up the engine bay side of things and move on to the fuel side of things.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 05:44 AM   #142
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
making progress and looking good! The crank pin drilling is nerve racking for sure but is actually pretty easy. Just take your time and dont force things. Makes sure and use a good stop so you dont go too far.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 11:38 PM   #143
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
making progress and looking good! The crank pin drilling is nerve racking for sure but is actually pretty easy. Just take your time and dont force things. Makes sure and use a good stop so you dont go too far.
Maybe you can help me with this... Torqstorm and ATI both mention putting high temp silicone on the keyhole of the ATI balancer since I am using crank pins and not a keyway. Do I just cover the hole with a little silicone and install the bolt or do I need to like get it down inside the keyway hole? Seems trivial, but I don't want a leak if I can avoid it.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 07-16-2023, 05:26 AM   #144
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
Maybe you can help me with this... Torqstorm and ATI both mention putting high temp silicone on the keyhole of the ATI balancer since I am using crank pins and not a keyway. Do I just cover the hole with a little silicone and install the bolt or do I need to like get it down inside the keyway hole? Seems trivial, but I don't want a leak if I can avoid it.
I would think just cover the keyway hole. Is the pin flush with the end of the crank/balancer or is it sunk in a little bit?

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Old 07-18-2023, 08:59 AM   #145
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Crank pinning done... Definitely triggered a bit of anxiety. I just drilled very slowly and constantly stopped to add more cutting oil, and check my depth. After about an hour, I got both holes drilled and the pins installed. Arp crank bolt for that extra security. 235ft lbs ain't no joke lol. Power steering pulley on, supercharger belt on for mockup, I have to call into torqstorm to discuss why the belt won't fit when the tensioner is in the proper hole. The pin is supposed to be in slot A based on my pulley size, but it will only slide on while in slow C. Slowly but surely getting it done.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2023, 05:21 AM   #146
Vicster

Drives: 13' ZL1
Quote:
Looking Great!

I just installed my ATI balancer took myself and my wife to get the 235ftlb, I also put ARP moly on the bolt threads and silicone to both sides of the bolt washer to seal it. If it is not sealed it will slowly leak oil...

Keep up the Awesome work!
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 05:32 AM   #147
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Crank pinning done... Definitely triggered a bit of anxiety. I just drilled very slowly and constantly stopped to add more cutting oil, and check my depth. After about an hour, I got both holes drilled and the pins installed. Arp crank bolt for that extra security. 235ft lbs ain't no joke lol. Power steering pulley on, supercharger belt on for mockup, I have to call into torqstorm to discuss why the belt won't fit when the tensioner is in the proper hole. The pin is supposed to be in slot A based on my pulley size, but it will only slide on while in slow C. Slowly but surely getting it done.
Nice!!

Old 07-24-2023, 09:58 AM   #148
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Pretty cool to see the bald_eagle_machine being used as an advertisement piece. I've had this happen a few times with mgw shifters, cold air inductions, and DEI used my trans am multiple times when I was sponsored by them. Pretty cool nonetheless.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2023, 06:26 AM   #149
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
Nice work
Old 07-25-2023, 10:23 PM   #150
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

More progress... it's so easy to work on this car, but I'm just so busy with other stuff right now. Intercooler piping is buttoned up and BOV installed. Just need to find a vacuum reference, fit the coolant overflow reservoir, hook up my new silicone radiator hoses, swap injectors, and the fuel pump them she should be ready for the dyno. As she sits now, would it be safe to start the car and let it idle? Need to fill the cooling system and birp the system and wondering if it would be OK to let the car run as it sits with stock fuel pump and injectors and just get to temp or not.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2023, 01:48 PM   #151
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
I'd imagine if it starts and runs it's probably fine but I wouldn't run it long, bet it would be very lean and heat up very quickly, just make sure it has oil and all that, but I am also an idiot so take what I say with a massive grain of salt.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:18 PM   #152
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
More progress... it's so easy to work on this car, but I'm just so busy with other stuff right now. Intercooler piping is buttoned up and BOV installed. Just need to find a vacuum reference, fit the coolant overflow reservoir, hook up my new silicone radiator hoses, swap injectors, and the fuel pump them she should be ready for the dyno. As she sits now, would it be safe to start the car and let it idle? Need to fill the cooling system and birp the system and wondering if it would be OK to let the car run as it sits with stock fuel pump and injectors and just get to temp or not.

Start up and idle should be fine. How are you planning to get it to the tuner?

Old 07-26-2023, 02:42 PM   #153
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
Start up and idle should be fine. How are you planning to get it to the tuner?
Ok, And it will be driven onto a trailer and towed over there. Tuner said it won't be happy but even with the zl1 fuel pump and bigger injectors it will run. Plan is to run it up to temperature to burp the cooling system, with the stock injectors and fuel pump. Then once i can confirm that nothing is leaking and everything is working. Swap the injectors and fuel pump, then head to the dyno.

Old 07-27-2023, 05:07 AM   #154
Ashen 6.2

Quote:
Ok, And it will be driven onto a trailer and towed over there. Tuner said it won't be happy but even with the zl1 fuel pump and bigger injectors it will run. Plan is to run it up to temperature to burp the cooling system, with the stock injectors and fuel pump. Then once i can confirm that nothing is leaking and everything is working. Swap the injectors and fuel pump, then head to the dyno.
Thats a great plan!