Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #155
xkvator

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels SS 2013 IOM 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Very nice. Curious to see what the can will be like
X2...
xkvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #156
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Should have some photos for you in the next few days.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #157
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Should have some photos for you in the next few days.
your few days have expired...
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #158
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Ok, I read through all of this and I'm cross eyed now. Lol.
I have a centri style blower with an elite catch can pulling from valley tray and a pcv valve inline from can to manifold behind the tb. The oil filler cap has an open vented cap now also, non valved. This is an ls3, the factory pcv point on pass side is capped like the factory point on driverside. What is the correct way to hook this system up?
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #159
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post
Ok, I read through all of this and I'm cross eyed now. Lol.
I have a centri style blower with an elite catch can pulling from valley tray and a pcv valve inline from can to manifold behind the tb. The oil filler cap has an open vented cap now also, non valved. This is an ls3, the factory pcv point on pass side is capped like the factory point on driverside. What is the correct way to hook this system up?
Hopefully I can help a little here.. Granted I'm not sure what the setup is for a centri but I would have to assume it has the same as any top mounted blower. The real question is do you need a 1 inlet or 2 inlet catch can... I've seen it done with both methods. Also some run 2 catch cans especially the elite engineering cans as they only allow 1inlet/1outlet instead of 2 inlets... Yes.. very confusing I know.

As you have stated, the 2 connections on the passenger side just behind the Throttle body are your typical LS3 connection points. The lower (silver) nipple goes to the Inlet of a Catch can... The Upper nipple (black) goes to the outlet of a catch can. (see my image below)

With FI... all steps are the same, except for the PCV inlet connection installation. Inlet is located on supercharger body unit somewhere.... and is routed to the outlet side of the catch can. So.. the Superchargers inlet comes from the catch can outlet...

Last edited by Ject; 09-19-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #160
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
For twin turbo cars

This is designed for a GT-R but it seems to be very high quality. Yes a bit pricey. But it's a large can that takes into consideration a twin-turbo setup.

If I had a twin turbo on any car, I would seriously consider this catch can:

http://aamcompetition.com/n-8513-off...an-system.html
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #161
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Hopefully I can help a little here.. Granted I'm not sure what the setup is for a centri but I would have to assume it has the same as any top mounted blower. The real question is do you need a 1 inlet or 2 inlet catch can... I've seen it done with both methods. Also some run 2 catch cans especially the elite engineering cans as they only allow 1inlet/1outlet instead of 2 inlets... Yes.. very confusing I know.

As you have stated, the 2 connections on the passenger side just behind the Throttle body are your typical LS3 connection points. The lower (silver) nipple goes to the Inlet of a Catch can... The Upper nipple (black) goes to the outlet of a catch can. (see my image below)

With FI... all steps are the same, except for the PCV inlet connection installation. Inlet is located on supercharger body unit somewhere.... and is routed to the outlet side of the catch can. So.. the Superchargers inlet comes from the catch can outlet...
Thanks Patrick. I got it sorted out with a couple installers on here, thanks guys! It is hooked up correctly with the exception that I need to run one more hose from the valve cover, pass side, to the hole on the intake side of the centri air filter. This way there will always be crank case evacuation taking place whether it be in vac or boost.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #162
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post

That is a really good photo. Not easy to get that shot.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #163
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Catch can catching.............

t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #164
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
What my Rx has been catching for the last two thousand miles...

Old 09-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #165
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
Catch can catching.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
What my Rx has been catching for the last two thousand miles...

So much better in the can than in your intake.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #166
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Very true.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #167
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Here's what my Moroso can has caught in 3 months or roughly 300 miles.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #168
Firebird2xc

Drives: car
So... I'm eagerly awaiting my Rx Catch Can and the breather cap I ordered with it.

... I've been reading up on Breather caps for the Oil tube and some say that you shouldn't do it because it introduces unmetered air into the system... Is this accurate? And if so what would be the effect?
Firebird2xc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex catch can, apex motorsports, catch can, elite engineering catch can, rx catch can