Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #155
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Some pictures of the newly routed can lines; you want a slight to the left stop for the inlet top port of can to meet up with the gentle curve of the hose:
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #156
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Thank God you're done dumping those crankcase vapors into your intake tract. I was beginning to think you didn't like your car.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #157
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Thank God you're done dumping those crankcase vapors into your intake tract. I was beginning to think you didn't like your car.
I am at 780 miles right now! Some folks are not as well planned as you Indy, and I am even a sceintist!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 07-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #158
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Looks great, thanks! I may just have to do that also.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #159
Muscle Car Lover

In the process of buying a VMAX throttle body. I have to stop spending money......

Old 07-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #160
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Stopping in to wish you a great week end, my friend! Hope you get some fun time with Christine!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #161
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
In the process of buying a VMAX throttle body. I have to stop spending money......
Many vendors and tuners here have described this product as the "best bang for the buck" of any mod you can do. Since I had my tuner install mine when he did the headers and tune, I'm not in a position to describe the effect of the PTB alone. All I know is when I got my car back, the improvement in throttle response was impressive. That stock response I called "mushy" is completely gone. I just don't know how much of the improvement to credit to VMax and how much is the tune.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #162
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Many vendors and tuners here have described this product as the "best bang for the buck" of any mod you can do. Since I had my tuner install mine when he did the headers and tune, I'm not in a position to describe the effect of the PTB alone. All I know is when I got my car back, the improvement in throttle response was impressive. That stock response I called "mushy" is completely gone. I just don't know how much of the improvement to credit to VMax and how much is the tune.
Yes, with the sequence you did your car no way to tell.

I think it will get what I want done. Should be here Tuesday, install next weekend.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #163
PatS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Just got done reading all 7 journal pages. I felt your nervousness on getting the new car. I had a 2006 Monte Carlo SS before I got my 2012 2LT, haven't looked back. I have never owned a brand new car but the 2012 Camaro is the closest I have ever been. Your car looks awesome. Keep up the journal.
PatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #164
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatS View Post
Just got done reading all 7 journal pages. I felt your nervousness on getting the new car. I had a 2006 Monte Carlo SS before I got my 2012 2LT, haven't looked back. I have never owned a brand new car but the 2012 Camaro is the closest I have ever been. Your car looks awesome. Keep up the journal.
Congrats on your car! Thanks for reading.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #165
Muscle Car Lover

I bought a VMAX Ported Throttle Body from the awesome Phil at Tampa Tuning from the C5 board. He answered the few questions I had and shipped fast, the piece was here in just 2 business days!

I bought the new TB out right, I am also retaining my stock TB just in case.

I have #4851, and it's a very nice looking part. I think I may be taking Friday off. the gas meter is being replaced at the house and that was the first day I could get an appointment to fix the garage doors. If you missed my story of an exploding garage door spring, you can read it here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368342
Hope this upgrade helps the throttle response, I think it will. If you want one talk to Tampa Tuning, great customer service.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #166
Muscle Car Lover

Another member had posted his gate pass from Oshawa and I remembered I had mine!

Christine was built on May 26th 2014 and she was put on a rail car on her way home the very same day! Now that's service!
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #167
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Yikes on the garage door spring! We've had one break that did NOT have a safety cable in it; thank heaven no one was in the garage when it snapped! Then we've had one break that HAD the cable in it; it sounded like a missile launch as well, but we knew what it was when it happened. Still scares the ba-jebers outta ya!

Have a great week...and keep us posted on the ptb; I'm very interested in that mod as well.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #168
Muscle Car Lover

Will do cashew!