Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-09-2011, 01:51 AM   #155
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Rolnslo,
Have you had a chance to drive this in any kind of inclement weather yet? Did you think to look at the filter after an average drive? Thanks again for guinea pigging this for all of us 6ers!

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #156
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
Rolnslo,
Have you had a chance to drive this in any kind of inclement weather yet? Did you think to look at the filter after an average drive? Thanks again for guinea pigging this for all of us 6ers!
Guess we'll have to wait and see. Others who have had Vararams said the filter got dirty very quicky and had to be cleaned often. Since it's an oiled filter, it seems like it would be a bigger pain. Then you gotta get the cleaning kit, and there's also the possibility of it fouling up the MAF with oil. This thing is going to have to show significant gains over other intakes to be worth it to me.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #157
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Guess we'll have to wait and see. Others who have had Vararams said the filter got dirty very quicky and had to be cleaned often. Since it's an oiled filter, it seems like it would be a bigger pain. Then you gotta get the cleaning kit, and there's also the possibility of it fouling up the MAF with oil. This thing is going to have to show significant gains over other intakes to be worth it to me.
You have to go stupid, crazy with the oil to foul up your MAF... worst case you buy a can of MAF cleaner... Re-oiling is so simple even I can do it! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #158
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
You have to go stupid, crazy with the oil to foul up your MAF... worst case you buy a can of MAF cleaner... Re-oiling is so simple even I can do it! LOL
Also the oil that Green Filter supplies is very MAF "friendly"!!!! We use the Green Filters in all our Ram Air units(C5 and C6 Corvette-Pontiac G8 and GTO - Hemi Under Glass - Chevy/Gmc Tripower - Camaro V8 and now V6) and have complete faith in their quality and performance!!!!!
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
PS We will be sure that Ron from Vengeance has some V6 units for the North Carolina event!!!!!!!! He already has some of the V8 units!!!!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #159
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Also the oil that Green Filter supplies is very MAF "friendly"!!!! We use the Green Filters in all our Ram Air units(C5 and C6 Corvette-Pontiac G8 and GTO - Hemi Under Glass - Chevy/Gmc Tripower - Camaro V8 and now V6) and have complete faith in their quality and performance!!!!!
Thanks
Steve
Vararam Industries
PS We will be sure that Ron from Vengeance has some V6 units for the North Carolina event!!!!!!!! He already has some of the V8 units!!!!!!
great news...thanks Steve...I can't wait to get it on & see the improvment in sound & performance
Old 03-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #160
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emazingli View Post
Very clean rolnslo! I want to see some pics of its exhaust.
Oddly enough, with all the pictures I've taken of my Camaro, I don't think I've specifically taken any of the exhaust. There might some accidental shots in my build journal...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31129

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLNHYD View Post
Rolnslo,
I've driven in some scattered showers a couple of times in the last 3-5 days but no major downpours. Didn't seem to have any effect on the intake and nothing appeared to be getting wet at all.

As for the filter, I've had this one on my car for a bit over 1k miles so far. Its just starting to show a bit of darkening from dirt. Weather's been mostly dry around here since I started working with Vararam. Please keep in mind that twice a day I drive past a 160 acre sand/dirt supply company by my house that has about 10-20 dump trucks running up and down the road all day long trailing loose dirt/sand all over the road and in the air. I'll be so damn glad once my house sells and I can move somewhere away from that sand pit.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #161
Hollywood2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
want these to be ready!!! group buy?
Hollywood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #162
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
The oiled k&n really got dirty on my ram air setup on the 98. We always woried about the oil. I was so careful to get just enough oil on it to do the job and you could still see the black residue at the throttle body, other then engine oil.For us we could easily clean the maf with a spray cleaner though. As to how fast it gets dirty on vararam it seems Ronslo is showing it stands up well so far.Maybe it is not a "preassurized" system as I have. My design is sealed up well and more air rams up the duct from off the ground and the filter gets a black strip of dirt in 1000 miles and needs cleaning. If I unblock the front box opening and get air from their and the lower duct, this stopped the dirt as no preassurizing is happening. Different setups but wanted to show the possibilities.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #163
Trnsfmr

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Yellow/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
I really hope they make it to Ron at Vengence so I can get it on the weekend of the 26th at the event in NC
I hear ya! Thats what Im waiting for...his phone call. Luckily Im about a mile from Vengeance so there's no wait time on my end.
Trnsfmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #164
Hollywood2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
really wanting these to be ready? final gain numbers out? i'm interested as well but would also like to see significant gains.....
Hollywood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #165
gundaaniyan

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
if i put this on, can i still take my car to dealer to get oil change? bc i got tht 3 year thing still
gundaaniyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #166
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
For oil changes, you should be fine with any intake. If you need warranty repairs, I'd suggest either putting the stock intake back on first or verifying with your service department if they are 'mod' friendly or not. Some dealerships will look the other way as long as the problem is not directly related to the mod you did.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #167
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2 View Post
really wanting these to be ready? final gain numbers out? i'm interested as well but would also like to see significant gains.....
I really doubt that we are going to see ''significant'' gains, it will be close to what vararam usually gain on other vehicles. I am simply waiting for this because ram style just make better sense to me. Dont expect neck slamming power gains or you will be dissapointed.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #168
gundaaniyan

Drives: 2010 camaro v6
i really wanna learn how to do oil change on my car
gundaaniyan is offline   Reply With Quote