Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #155
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnkirk52 View Post
Were the prototype wheels lighter than stockers? What do the stockers wiegh?
They are 18" CCWs. I am sure they are a good bit lighter than the stockers.
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #156
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanokpsi View Post
I don't think people are talking about race class rules in this case, but more the "social norms" for what enthusiasts consider stock. In that case, stock would be how the car came off the showrrom floor. This car had tires, t-stat, line lock and the windshield resevoir removed, but I think the tires is the only thing people care about. That is why most forums have separate lists for stock and stock+tire.
so now the 12.04@116 wasnt stock but was with wheels,tires,tstat, line lock and resevoir removal.

how stock was the 12.24 run???
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #157
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
So All Those trying to pick the flyshit out of the pepper, read this! These are the rules. You gotta follow the rules dammit!

Stock
Stock cars are similar to their big brothers in Super Stock, but the rules regarding everything from engine modifications to body alterations are much stricter. Virtually any car is eligible to compete, and entries are classified using a system that divides factory shipping weight by NHRA-factored horsepower. Bodies must be unaltered and retain a full factory interior. Tires are limited to a maximum nine-inch-wide rear slick. Engines must be correct for the make and model vehicle and must retain stock cylinder heads, intake manifold, and carburetor or fuel injector. Modifications are limited to a basic balancing and rebuild with only a few performance enhancements.
....LOL LB, I like your local flyshit saying, I've got to remember to use that one.

Quote:
I don't think people are talking about race class rules in this case, but more the "social norms" for what enthusiasts consider stock. In that case, stock would be how the car came off the showrrom floor. This car had tires, t-stat, line lock and the windshield resevoir removed, but I think the tires is the only thing people care about. That is why most forums have separate lists for stock and stock+tire.
Q. Define "social norms" for what enthusiasts consider stock... enthusiasts is an almost all encompasing phrase that covers a wide area of the subject group. I see what you are saying, but that's a bit too all inclusive.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #158
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
.....Q. Define "social norms" for what enthusiasts consider stock... enthusiasts is an almost all encompasing phrase that covers a wide area of the subject group. I see what you are saying, but that's a bit too all inclusive.
im pretty sure when people say stock they mean "unmodified".

Last edited by MauriSSio; 04-23-2012 at 07:46 PM.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #159
capnkirk52
Banned

Drives: 10 GT500, Raptor
Quote:
They are 18" CCWs. I am sure they are a good bit lighter than the stockers.
Unsprung weight removal rules!
capnkirk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #160
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
A 12.2 is not shabby for a car that isn't being touted as a drag car. *shrugs*

So it didn't go 12.0 on stock rubber, it's still a solid low 12 car pushing 580 hp.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #161
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
so now the 12.04@116 wasnt stock but was with wheels,tires,tstat, line lock and resevoir removal.
how stock was the 12.24 run???

So far, is Hennesey the only one who ran a pure stock ZL1?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #162
zero

Drives: Black 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post

So far, is Hennesey the only one who ran a pure stock ZL1?
yeah for sure, sad really all the hype and simulations of the PRE PRODUCTION car and now the real deal quietly puts on drag radials and still can`t break 12`s

Bolt on 5.0 will be the winner in VS thread
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #163
SIRLOIN
Banned

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Quote:
Well boss, do you want any salt for that crow? I guess you better think next time you try to ASSume anything

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...zl1/index.html

Oh wow just saw this... I really took a beating in this thread for questioning the run...

I think i'll just bite my tongue on this one...
SIRLOIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #164
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
you know what ASSuming does? They said stock run. so if they altered the tune before the stock run. then it wouldn't be a stock run. We will see when the article comes out. but they could have taken the car up there fully stock after the baseline dyno pull and had tweeked the tune and saved it on the computer with out uploading it to the car. then once swapping intakes at the track and possible tires, they uploaded the tune. which then we wouldn't know what the intake made on the dyno. so going to have to say that the stock pass and the intake pass were on different days.

when asked about stock times I don't think adding drag radials counts as stock. stock is as off the showroom floor. and i can ASSume that Redline would think the same thing.

So how many more 12.2-12.5ish passes will it take before you will decide that this is where this car is?
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #165
kbar4782

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
There is another thread open right now with a 12.02 bone stock and the car had 250 miles on it
kbar4782 is offline   Reply With Quote