Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #155
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
When I see a motorcycle coming from behind, I just give them a few inches of additional room. It is not worth the accident.
I would do the same only problem is that you don't see them until they come flying by your car.

Believe me after that incident the least thing I want is one those idiots near my car.

I think we all should agree on something, you are gonna find those jackasses everywhere, bikers, "cagers", those who cant live without their skateboards, jaywalkers etc..

Current mods/Upgrades:K&N CAI/MRT Version 2 Axle-back Exhaust/Z28 Factory Style Spoiler Wing/Camaro ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black) by Factory Reproductions/Camaro 2014-15 LS LT RS ACS-T5 Splitter(Satin Black)/"CAMARO" Caliper Covers(Matte Black)/Elite Catch Can/Window Tinting/Vmax ported TB/VTC.

Future Mods/Upgrades:/Duraflex Wicker Bill Body Spoiler kit/GM-X Duraflex Side Skirts Body Kit
UFO's_A51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #156
UFO's_A51
We're out there

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver-SS View Post
Those guys aren't 'BIKERS', just a-holes on street bikes. Real bikers have respect for theirs and others life and property.

Will you call this guy a real biker ? He even backed up a little to let me into traffic.

Current mods/Upgrades:K&N CAI/MRT Version 2 Axle-back Exhaust/Z28 Factory Style Spoiler Wing/Camaro ZL1 Replica Wheels(Satin Black) by Factory Reproductions/Camaro 2014-15 LS LT RS ACS-T5 Splitter(Satin Black)/"CAMARO" Caliper Covers(Matte Black)/Elite Catch Can/Window Tinting/Vmax ported TB/VTC.

Future Mods/Upgrades:/Duraflex Wicker Bill Body Spoiler kit/GM-X Duraflex Side Skirts Body Kit
UFO's_A51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #157
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZurcher View Post
As an over 50 rider of a sport bike and a Camaro driver I ride sane 98 percent of the time. One percent is when I'm getting away from someone in a cage who is texting, weaving, not using their turn signal when changing lanes, being a danger to me and others or driving in a threatening or erratic manner. I love to ride but I take my safety and my life very seriously. I will not hesitate to create a safe distance between me and them. If a LEO pulls me over I'm sure we can talk about it.

The other one percent is when I get a wild hair and just can't help myself. I think we've all been there.

As usual some posters are talking out of their butts with BS statistics and opinions. I spent 5 years driving the Autobahns in Germany and I can tell you it was a pleasure to drive with people who are well educated on the rules, the rules are followed and the rules are strictly enforced. Yes, when there is an accident, it can be bad but they are pretty rare. Sheesh, if Americans had to take the same driving tests and get the same qualifications the Germans do there would be a revolt in this country.

I also think some people get a case of the @$$ when a sportbike or Harley for that matter smokes them in their high dollar rides. Just a little fuel for the fire.
+1
Old 04-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #158
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Just so you know.... When I encounter a bike on my commute or other travels, (usually in the HOV lane or back roads) I always give them room. No biker wants somebody on their ass, because a fender bender you get in for a tailgating car, could be fatal if someone is tailgating a bike. Sometimes I even speed up to stop some jack leg from squeezing in to try to "pressure" the biker to speed up or move over etc. Every (smart) biker knows that every ride, no matter how short, is extremely dangerous, and one small mistake, could be fatal. Bikers have to share the road with MUCH heavier vehicles and even semis, so defensive driving is THE most important thing a biker can learn. Sadly, even that is not enough to guarantee your safety..

Everybody has lost a friend, brother, father, sister, mother... someone they know well from a motorcycle accident. In my high school years alone, at least 6. The ones who survive, like one of my best friends who was hit-and-run... well let's just say he was never the same. Not even close. And he eventually died. One of my other, previously, really good friends is an angry paraplegic and has been for decades. Hates the world.

That's why I don't get it. I don't get the blatant disregard for not only their own safety, but the safety of others. Everybody knows who I am talking about. Unfortunately, they give the few who do drive safely a bad name. Some, just shouldn't be on a bike at all.
Thank you .
Old 04-16-2016, 07:59 PM   #159
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I'm not talking about the bikers that do the speed limit....dont weave in traffic or change lanes without signaling. .....im talking about the pair of pound offs riding sports bikes that I saw on the road today driving like idiots. It's nice weather finally where i live so eveybody with a bike or nice car was out. These 2 pylons thought they owned the 2 lanes they were traveling on. Racing up behind people then changing lanes without even looking..then cutting right back in front of cars the passed. Gave the bikers a bit if respect back on my home hone from dinner with my wife...looked like a husband and wife combo just tooling down the road enjoying the ride and respecting others on the road. For eveybody tool on a bike there a respectful rider.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:56 PM   #160
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I'm not talking about the bikers that do the speed limit....dont weave in traffic or change lanes without signaling. .....im talking about the pair of pound offs riding sports bikes that I saw on the road today driving like idiots. It's nice weather finally where i live so eveybody with a bike or nice car was out. These 2 pylons thought they owned the 2 lanes they were traveling on. Racing up behind people then changing lanes without even looking..then cutting right back in front of cars the passed. Gave the bikers a bit if respect back on my home hone from dinner with my wife...looked like a husband and wife combo just tooling down the road enjoying the ride and respecting others on the road. For eveybody tool on a bike there a respectful rider.
I would say there are probably a lot more bikers that drive sanely. We probably just don't really notice them (other than giving them some space) as much because they are not busy making a spectacle of themselves.

And, yes... for me, and anyone who rides anything with two wheels I would imagine, bikers ARE special. Give them some room. Even your stupid smart car outweighs them by 5x. Do you really need to risk someones life because you're late for work? Just face it, you are always late. Get up earlier.

JMHO as always