Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #1695
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I expect the 1LE will be a bit quicker but no matter who wins there will certainly be alot of and

Allow me to sum up...
We can just say it’s because of the tires

But I’m guessing that won’t be mentioned if the pp2 is quicker. And on the opposite end if the 1le wins with less aggressive tire that’s even more impressive and there’s really no excuse they can make.

Will be funny either way.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #1696
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
He refuses to go to the tracks..he's exclusively a street racer

Well, that's not 100% true. I don't refuse to go to the track, I just street race. But, we will be renting out Royal Purple once Houston cools down, so that will be my first ever time on the track. I'll prob pull a good 10 sec 1/4. haha.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #1697
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Hope I’m not out of line asking this question, but I gotta. Why? Not trying to judge or anything. Just trying to understand the motivation. I’ve always felt that the ZL1 / Z06 were as much on the edge of “ridiculous performance while still able to drive casually” as anything available. At 800, 1,100, or God help me 1,500 to the wheels, I personally would be hesitant to drive it on city streets. Will this become a track-only car or do you still expect it will still have street manners?

No, street race only. And yes, it will still have street manners. And yes, it's my daily...........for now. Still shopping for a 2nd car. And if you go back a few threads, it was never my intentions anyways. It's just grown into this fkn addiction to have the baddest Zl1 on the streets. I'll never run with the Vette's as they have the weight advantage, but if I could put down 1250-1500 to the wheels, that puts me where I need to be to run with the big dogs. Plus I have a ( semi) callout on AZN and his Dung Beetle so. Once I'm done, I'm calling him out for real, but I have a feeling they won't run as the show is pre determined. Unless he'll meet me at my track rental, then that would be fine without any cameras. He also runs 1/8 mile so. He'll prob never give me the time. Either way, It's whatever.

Last edited by kttxz06; 07-12-2018 at 12:16 PM.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:17 PM   #1698
kttxz06

Wait, I thought the argument from the Ford camp was that the GT was a Zl1 killer? Now, they are hoping it runs the same time as the SS 1LE? Jeezus. I can't follow their logic anymore.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #1699
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I personally don't care for the track. I go and I enjoy myself. But it is a long day and most of it is sitting around waiting and by the time I get home I'm usually wiped out. All just for 3 passes. I don't see the fun in that. Sitting around for 5-6 hours and wasting 20 bucks with only 3 passes to show for it. And sometimes if it's a particularly busy night you don't even get that. Last time I went I was there for over 2 1/2 hours before I gave up and just went home. And that doesn't include the 40 minute drive there and back. Even when I do go I don't beat on my car. I've posted my videos and you can clearly see that I barely put effort into it. The track is not worth it to me. But I'll go to a private track or rented road any day.

Exactly. Same here. As mentioned tho, we will be doing a rental for my FB group and that will be the only time we'll track it. Just to see what we can lay down. I'm not one of these guys that's going to go to shave off a .10th here and there. I'm building a street beast. Strictly roll racing. I did my 1st dig race about 2 months ago against a "stock" Z06 and I was like, whatever. By the time i was in 4th, I was already in gap mode. I was on DR's, he was on stock tires. Not sure what he was thinking.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #1700
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
We can just say it’s because of the tires

But I’m guessing that won’t be mentioned if the pp2 is quicker. And on the opposite end if the 1le wins with less aggressive tire that’s even more impressive and there’s really no excuse they can make.

Will be funny either way.
When the Ford folks complained about the Z28 using Trofeo-R's they were told "It's not our fault Ford didn't use them" so that dogs not gonna hunt.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #1701
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
When the Ford folks complained about the Z28 using Trofeo-R's they were told "It's not our fault Ford didn't use them" so that dogs not gonna hunt.
I agree. That’s common sense. The argument would have never been invented by someone intelligent anyway.

So protests were ignored for the most part. As you would expect from mental champions that came up with it.

So it will hunt just fine. Fight fire with fire. Stupid with stupid

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 07-12-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #1702
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I agree. That’s common sense.

But it was ignored for the most part

So it will hunt just fine.
If you're forced to drag out that excuse I think you'll find it doesn't provide much comfort.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #1703
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
If you're forced to drag out that excuse I think you'll find it doesn't provide much comfort.
It provides joy in watching the hypocrisy and protest. Never cared much for the handling game
Old 07-12-2018, 02:22 PM   #1704
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

I live in S. FL. The only turns you make here are at intersections and that is not an exaggeration.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #1705
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
I live in S. FL. The only turns you make here are at intersections and that is not an exaggeration.
I feel for you... Where I live, the road is so windy, that just about every week someone puts on his/her turn signal at a bend in the road. NOT at an intersection or anything, just when you come to a sharp turn. I have almost done it myself. It just seems like a turn that sharp should be accompanied by a turn signal. That is how sharp the turns are...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #1706
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Is that the only track in the area for you? I remember when I was going to the track alot the only time it was that busy was when it first opened. Other than that I could get 10 - 15 passes in if I wanted to hot lap the car.
The other track is an hour and a half away from me. And yea most nights there is a huge wait. Sometimes I get there early and still have to wait an hour or so before my first pass. There have been a few nights where I was able to get 5 or 6 passes but it isn't often. The biggest problem is going there and not knowing whether or not I'll get to run. And a few times there have been reports of rain and the track closed even tho it didn't rain.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #1707
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The other track is an hour and a half away from me. And yea most nights there is a huge wait. Sometimes I get there early and still have to wait an hour or so before my first pass. There have been a few nights where I was able to get 5 or 6 passes but it isn't often. The biggest problem is going there and not knowing whether or not I'll get to run. And a few times there have been reports of rain and the track closed even tho it didn't rain.
That sucks. That was pretty much my first track experience, went opening weekend and it was packed. Didn't get to make 1 run.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #1708
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That sucks. That was pretty much my first track experience, went opening weekend and it was packed. Didn't get to make 1 run.
Which is why I don't go as much. Especially since I go for fun. I don't go with the intent to get the best time. I'm just out there to see what it can do without putting effort into it. So it's kinda hard to justify spending 4-6 hours and 20 bucks just for that purpose when I could be sitting in a bar somewhere having a better time!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote