Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #1751
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Congrats bro, the bay looks awesome!

That's a JRE Super Tensioner right?
Thanks!!

And thanks for noticing...but Nope, its not a JRE, I copied the mechanics of the JRE ( traced the outline of the bracket and measurements) but I made the bracket myself, and bought a new tensioner just like JRE uses , but I cut and welded a plate onto the front to cover the ugly holes, then ground down the welds and polished the whole thing to look like it is a solid piece of billet.

Here is a comparison pic (before I polished it):
Attached Images

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #1752
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Thanks!!

And thanks for noticing...but Nope, its not a JRE, I copied the mechanics of the JRE ( traced the outline of the bracket and measurements) but I made the bracket myself, and bought a new tensioner just like JRE uses , but I cut and welded a plate onto the front to cover the ugly holes, then ground down the welds and polished the whole thing to look like it is a solid piece of billet.

Wow thats awesome
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #1753
Pentatonic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow, this is insane. I wonder how many man-hours have went into this project.
Pentatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #1754
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Your work and pictures continue to amaze me and everyone on this site!
Driyac, I'll tell you what, it's comments like yours that make taking all the time to take the pics, download, edit, post, etc, worth the effort. I really appreciate it

Quote:
Great work again Nathan!! Glad you got the package, thanks again for helping me.

No sweat bro! By the way, I figured out what the problem was with the tank. I will PM you later.

I had my first car show of the year this weekend, I won 1st Place in my class!!!!! here is a pic of how the engine compartment turned out.

EZ, that's well deserved dude! Car looks AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post

Wow These pics look fantastic! Cant wait to see the results after the anodizing/powdercaoting of other parts. Sent you an email just now. Check it out! Hope it helps guys!
Blair, thanks again for all the help! I contacted the anodizer and powder coater today and will be shipping some parts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobSS View Post
Dang - I remember peeking through this thread when you were first starting it. It just gets more and more sexy. The attention to detail you put into this project is beyond amazing.

I couldn't help but keep checking out my pfadt coilovers when I got them. They are the perfect piece of suspension art to go along with your car.

You arent too far from me either - maybe some day i'll be fortunate to see this beauty in person.
Thanks KobSS, and you're right, the Pfadt components are an engineering work of art. For sure, once I finish, let's definitely hook up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentatonic View Post
Wow, this is insane. I wonder how many man-hours have went into this project.
Thanks Pentatonic! I don't even want to think about the number of hours, LOL

Quote:
Thanks!!

EZ, that's the type of detail work that makes all the difference. Beautiful job again

Speaking of little details........

Because I'm using a remote tank, I didn't like the gap that was exposed between the back of the pump and cylinder head.

Name:  031-8.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  203.6 KB

So I had the filler piece machine to fill the gap. It was hollowed out, so it barely weighs anything.

By the way Doc, you be proud of me. I weighed the type 2 power steering pump I'm running from Turn One and it's 6 oz lighter than the OEM, LOL. Dangit, I just realized I forgot to take pictures.

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 1481
Size:  146.8 KB

Notice it now ties in with the aluminum water pump. It also plays in with the aluminum power steering pulley. It now has brushed aluminum on both ends.

I ordered a bunch of stuff over the last few days, so stay tuned.

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 1398
Size:  158.0 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #1755
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Great build! The Turn One pumps are great! We've been running them for awhile now. Keep up the great work!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #1756
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Speaking of little details........

Because I'm using a remote tank, I didn't like the gap that was exposed between the back of the pump and cylinder head.

Attachment 463055

So I had the filler piece machine to fill the gap. It was hollowed out, so it barely weighs anything.

By the way Doc, you be proud of me. I weighed the type 2 power steering pump I'm running from Turn One and it's 6 oz lighter than the OEM, LOL. Dangit, I just realized I forgot to take pictures.

Attachment 463056

Notice it now ties in with the aluminum water pump. It also plays in with the aluminum power steering pulley. It now has brushed aluminum on both ends.

I ordered a bunch of stuff over the last few days, so stay tuned.

Attachment 463057
Notice how beautiful all this work is.

Notice how crazy Nathan is.

Notice how jealous I and probably everyone else on the forum is of what you've done.

This is without question THE epic project thread of this forum, and that's saying something since there are some really incredible builds.

I can't wait to see the final weight on this epic wonder-machine when it's all finally put together!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #1757
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post

No sweat bro! By the way, I figured out what the problem was with the tank. I will PM you later.

EZ, that's well deserved dude! Car looks AWESOME

EZ, that's the type of detail work that makes all the difference. Beautiful job again

Thanks Nathan!! and I will be looking for the PM

I have another show in 3 weeks, this show will be about 3 times the size of the show I was just in...which means....3 times more competition...wish me luck!!
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #1758
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Notice how beautiful all this work is.

Notice how crazy Nathan is.

Notice how jealous I and probably everyone else on the forum is of what you've done.

This is without question THE epic project thread of this forum, and that's saying something since there are some really incredible builds.

I can't wait to see the final weight on this epic wonder-machine when it's all finally put together!

I completely agree. Every single step is just amazing!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #1759
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Nathan awesome build, I check iy out daily for new ideas. Question on the Lokar dipstick, any modification or does it just push in? Some peopke have said that the oem tube just pushes in but the pic of the Lokar unit has that nut on it.

Thanks in advance
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #1760
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Thanks!!

WOW!!
Awesome job, want to make me one? I have the JRE but been having issues with the belt popping off. My car's at Cunningham Motorsports and they wanted me to bring back the stock tensioner because they said when the JRE one snapped back with foot off the throttle the belt would sometimes pop off. Are you running 6 rib all around? The JRE Tensioner is basically a heavy Duty Diesel tensioner, so I've been told. How are your belts doing?

Nate thanks for the PM regarding the brakes you're considering.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #1761
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Nathan awesome build, I check iy out daily for new ideas. Question on the Lokar dipstick, any modification or does it just push in? Some peopke have said that the oem tube just pushes in but the pic of the Lokar unit has that nut on it.

Thanks in advance
I just installed mine, it just pushes in.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #1762
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Thanks Paul, how long did it take?
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #1763
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Nathan awesome build, I check it out daily for new ideas. Question on the Lokar dipstick, any modification or does it just push in? Some people have said that the oem tube just pushes in but the pic of the Lokar unit has that nut on it.

Thanks in advance
Man I'm glad your getting some pointers! Your right on the lokar dip stick it just pushes in and has an o-ring to sea lit. You can do the mos in 30 minutes tops. There's not much to it. Do you have headers now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Paul your holding out on us

By the way, I have something really funny to tell you. I will PM you when I get a few.

Quick update: Received several packages today.

Wait a minute......... don't I already have a Mantic clutch? HMMMMM

Got my YellaTerra. I decided to upgrade my rockers before dropping the engine back in.

Billet specialty radiator cap and a weld in oil cap.

And now I have the distinct pleasure of introduce you to the two most expensive cans of paint in history of the world! This Tuesday I drove about 3 hours one way to visit a company who's doing so car stuff for me. While in the area, I went to automotive paint store that can color match paint and put it in a aerosol can. I drop off the parts I wanted them to do a paint match on. It was only 2 pm and they said they have the cans ready by five before they closed. I wasn't going to wait around for 3 hours, so I figured I'd go get some other stuff done. Well, I ended up stuck in a traffic jam and wasn't able to get back before they closing.

I had to wake up at 4 AM on Wednesday and drive back up for a total of six hours round trip!

Each can was $20 and I probably spent $100 in gas. Never mind my time! So I'd like to introduce you the the $140 spray cans.

To ad insult to injury, one of the can didn't even come closing to matching!. I would have probably gotten a closer match had closed my eyes and picked a random can off the shelf

Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #1764
NEGXXIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
WOW!!
Awesome job, want to make me one? I have the JRE but been having issues with the belt popping off. My car's at Cunningham Motorsports and they wanted me to bring back the stock tensioner because they said when the JRE one snapped back with foot off the throttle the belt would sometimes pop off. Are you running 6 rib all around? The JRE Tensioner is basically a heavy Duty Diesel tensioner, so I've been told. How are your belts doing?
Thanks!!...umm no...mine is a one off design..LOL
I am running a 8 rib setup on mine. Yes you are correct, its a Ford Diesel Tensioner wich is VERY similar to a 2000-2004 Ford Lightning Tensioner but the pulley offset is a bit different. my belts are doing fine now