Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1765
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Wait a minute......... don't I already have a Mantic clutch? HMMMMM
I know. You made enough room from grinding metal for a second motor and transmission to drive each rear wheel independently. You're now in the process of polishing a torque management system control box. You'll be done in 5 minutes. Am I close?
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1766
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Man I'm glad your getting some pointers! Your right on the lokar dip stick it just pushes in and has an o-ring to sea lit. You can do the mos in 30 minutes tops. There's not much to it. Do you have headers now?

Paul your holding out on us

By the way, I have something really funny to tell you. I will PM you when I get a few.

Quick update: Received several packages today.

Wait a minute......... don't I already have a Mantic clutch? HMMMMM

Got my YellaTerra. I decided to upgrade my rockers before dropping the engine back in.

Billet specialty radiator cap and a weld in oil cap.

And now I have the distinct pleasure of introduce you to the two most expensive cans of paint in history of the world! This Tuesday I drove about 3 hours one way to visit a company who's doing so car stuff for me. While in the area, I went to automotive paint store that can color match paint and put it in a aerosol can. I drop off the parts I wanted them to do a paint match on. It was only 2 pm and they said they have the cans ready by five before they closed. I wasn't going to wait around for 3 hours, so I figured I'd go get some other stuff done. Well, I ended up stuck in a traffic jam and wasn't able to get back before they closing.

I had to wake up at 4 AM on Wednesday and drive back up for a total of six hours round trip!

Each can was $20 and I probably spent $100 in gas. Never mind my time! So I'd like to introduce you the the $140 spray cans.

To ad insult to injury, one of the can didn't even come closing to matching!. I would have probably gotten a closer match had closed my eyes and picked a random can off the shelf

How does the weld in one open? Does it just unscrew?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #1767
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Nathan thanks for the response, engine is all stock and will stay that way. Just trying to make it look better, dipstick has been ordered and braided fuel line has been ordered to get rid of the line that runs over the top of the engine.
Attached Images

Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1768
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Nate

Got my valve covers on. Mike did a great job at matching them to the intake manifold he did for me back in August. When you coming to Texas to reroute my wiring? LOL

Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1769
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Nathan, what color did you have them match? That nice hot pink on the top? lol

On a serious note, what are you spraying with the cans?
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #1770
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Notice how beautiful all this work is.

Notice how crazy Nathan is.

Notice how jealous I and probably everyone else on the forum is of what you've done.

This is without question THE epic project thread of this forum, and that's saying something since there are some really incredible builds.

I can't wait to see the final weight on this epic wonder-machine when it's all finally put together!

Hey Doc! Don't worry about seeing it, when I'm done, will go to track and you can have at it bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Thanks Nathan!! and I will be looking for the PM

I have another show in 3 weeks, this show will be about 3 times the size of the show I was just in...which means....3 times more competition...wish me luck!!
EZ, you won't need luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I completely agree. Every single step is just amazing!
Thanks kj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I know. You made enough room from grinding metal for a second motor and transmission to drive each rear wheel independently. You're now in the process of polishing a torque management system control box. You'll be done in 5 minutes. Am I close?
Dang Synner, you had to go and let the cat out of the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
How does the weld in one open? Does it just unscrew?
You got it. By the way I have a surprise for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Nathan thanks for the response, engine is all stock and will stay that way. Just trying to make it look better, dipstick has been ordered and braided fuel line has been ordered to get rid of the line that runs over the top of the engine.
Baja, that going to look sweet, keep on posting as it encourages other guys! I will send you a PM with a couple of suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Nate

Got my valve covers on. Mike did a great job at matching them to the intake manifold he did for me back in August. When you coming to Texas to reroute my wiring? LOL

Thanks for posting, looking good. Keep up the great work. Mike does great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-V View Post
Nathan, what color did you have them match? That nice hot pink on the top? lol

Dang seriously.........., here we go again! You and Synner just can't keep a secret!

On a serious note, what are you spraying with the cans?
Nothing, LOL. More of an experiment that didn't work out.

Quick update: Spent most of my day tearing out the interior. Had a few but other than that, everything went OK. I will post pics tomorrow.

Synner, actually the RAM box contained the new slave I will be using. Much stouter piece compare to the oem.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  159.8 KB

Steiger, do you see the fuel line in the pic? Just got your TechAfx fuel line yesterday. Funny story on that fitting. They were mailed to my old address and the new owners claim to have never received it. I have the tracking # for a new shipment of fittings The Should be here next week along with a few other things.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  167.3 KB

Here is an idea for you guys that will make a big difference. I bought another power steering bracket to do a little experimenting. They are $13 at the dealer. I think anybody could get a spare for that price. Hit it with 100 grip sand paper to get rid of the casting. Than 200 to get rid of the scratches. Buy some rattle can paint. Slap 3 ARP bolts and make a HUGE difference in the bay.

Before powder coating my bracket, I originally had painted it caster iron gray with a rattle can (see OP for pics) and it looked great! Total cost less than $30.

It still needs a little work but I've only spent two minutes. Ttree more minutes and she will look sweat!

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  155.8 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #1771
bajamoon

Thanks Nathan will do
Pedders USA
Old 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #1772
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Thanks Nathan will do
I'm sure everybody will appreciate it and keep up the great work!

Quick update:

Sneak peek of custom cradle being built for project G5R.

Name:  image (2).jpg
Views: 967
Size:  149.9 KB

Name:  image (5).jpg
Views: 936
Size:  117.2 KB

Name:  image (6).jpg
Views: 960
Size:  155.6 KB

Name:  image (8).jpg
Views: 949
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  110.0 KB

Now I have to go back to the garage and gets some work done.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #1773
CausticGuy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Nathan, do you have the part number for the power steering pump bracket by chance? Looks like a great idea for a cheap clean up mod.
CausticGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #1774
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Hey Doc! Don't worry about seeing it, when I'm done, will go to track and you can have at it bro.

EZ, you won't need luck.

Thanks kj!

Dang Synner, you had to go and let the cat out of the bag!

You got it. By the way I have a surprise for you.

Baja, that going to look sweet, keep on posting as it encourages other guys! I will send you a PM with a couple of suggestions.

Thanks for posting, looking good. Keep up the great work. Mike does great work!

Nothing, LOL. More of an experiment that didn't work out.

Quick update: Spent most of my day tearing out the interior. Had a few but other than that, everything went OK. I will post pics tomorrow.

Synner, actually the RAM box contained the new slave I will be using. Much stouter piece compare to the oem.

Attachment 464012

Steiger, do you see the fuel line in the pic? Just got your TechAfx fuel line yesterday. Funny story on that fitting. They were mailed to my old address and the new owners claim to have never received it. I have the tracking # for a new shipment of fittings The Should be here next week along with a few other things.

Attachment 464013

Here is an idea for you guys that will make a big difference. I bought another power steering bracket to do a little experimenting. They are $13 at the dealer. I think anybody could get a spare for that price. Hit it with 100 grip sand paper to get rid of the casting. Than 200 to get rid of the scratches. Buy some rattle can paint. Slap 3 ARP bolts and make a HUGE difference in the bay.

Before powder coating my bracket, I originally had painted it caster iron gray with a rattle can (see OP for pics) and it looked great! Total cost less than $30.

It still needs a little work but I've only spent two minutes. Ttree more minutes and she will look sweat!

Attachment 464014
thanks Nathan
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #1775
AL1SS/RS

Drives: 2012 camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXM62SS View Post
Nate

Just wanted to know if your braided fuel line and efi
fittings were russell products and the hose is the
premade factory russell crimped PTFE hose they sell
in different lengths.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #1776
midnightwarrior
Its so hard

Drives: 2010 SS, 2009 Yamaha Warrior
This is insane! All the work and dedication going into it.

I haven't read the whole thread yet but wherever you work is lucky as hell to have you
. The attention to detail is nuckinfuts!
midnightwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #1777
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Thanks!!...umm no...mine is a one off design..LOL
I am running a 8 rib setup on mine. Yes you are correct, its a Ford Diesel Tensioner wich is VERY similar to a 2000-2004 Ford Lightning Tensioner but the pulley offset is a bit different. my belts are doing fine now
Ahh, I see, well I powder coated mine black anyway in keeping with the engine theme. I'm going 8 rib as well. I see you made it in GMHP, I remember that, so I'm sure you have a subscription........ There may be another car with that in it's sig

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1778
bajamoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL1SS/RS View Post
Just wanted to know if your braided fuel line and efi
fittings were russell products and the hose is the
premade factory russell crimped PTFE hose they sell
in different lengths.

It looks like it. I just ordered some Russell fittings and line from jegs to get rid of the fuel line that runs over the top
Pedders USA