Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #169
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Rocket View Post
The top did it for me. After two different O2 sensors, tightening of the fuel injector gaskets, new fuel injector gaskets, and then finally a new Engine Control Module I have the two holes in my top to look at everyday. I love this car but the angst of owning a $43,400 car that has issues is not worth the trouble. I have had 10 years of good experiences with my last 2 cars. Now I buy one that is over twice as much money and it has 6 problems in 3 months. So hopefully the top fix will come in and I'll get it replaced and then sell the car. It's worth $29,700 to a dealer at this point so apparently I'm just supposed to bend over and take it. I suppose I could get a lawyer involved but who am I to go up against the GM machine. I'm the second owner of the car so I loose all lemon law privileges. I do think this is some other law where you can get 10 - 20% of the value of the car back. It all just makes me sad and ruined my experience owning my dream car.
Just keep this bit of history from GM in mind: I had a 91 Cavalier ragtop, the body style was discontinued in 94. I needed new weatherstipping around the doors. Even though the style was only 1 year old when GM killed it, in 95, it was impossible to get the weatherstipping. GM stopped making it, and had none in stock...anywhere. I was told to buy some generic stuff at Checker and make it work. (It didn't fit) Great customer service, and they were supposed to have parts available for a number of years after production. After that, I went to Ford for a long time. Don't bet on anything from The General.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #170
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Unless the supplier that replaced the one who went bankrupt was sub-par, I would have to think...GM could have given them the best design/plans in the world...but at that point it's up to them...

I don't know who's "fault" it is....but I'm not sure it's fair to not consider other factors.
If the parts were not up to par, it was GM's responsibility to reject them. They are supposed to inspect. if they did not do either, it is back on GM's head.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #171
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
I still think this goes back to the fact that the original European top manufacturer want bankrupt at the last minute and GM had to find another top company. The current top company also makes the vet top and they have no problems. So I feel that it was the last minute change in manufactures that caused rushed engineering which has lead to our problems. I think AOs statement was made prior to GM having to change top companies. Just my opinion. Does not make it right but, it would explain the cause of the problems.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #172
Juan S. V.-L. Ramirez

Drives: camaro, 300c hemi, z4 35i, insignia
the only way they will understand:
stop buying it
we wanted an L99 vert with all the options and were willing to pay any price
the car looked like a bargain in theory
in reality it looks like it is not worth a dime
so we changed our minds and went a little upmarket an bought a BMW Z4 S-drive 35i
keep in mind: a convertible roof is not space age technology: even horse-drawn carriages had those kinds of tops!
even worse: they know there are several probs
rub marks, bow #5, water ingress, liners falling off, canvas detaching etc.
they still have no fix for it but continue building the faulty stuff...
Juan S. V.-L. Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #173
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Al's quote came out before the Indy 500 in 2011. The cars were already in production when he said it.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #174
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
good thing his name wasn't Oppenhiemer or we would still be fighting WWII
I got that one.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #175
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
This is one of my favorite threads. :-)
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #176
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Wait till you see my topic for the next one. It should be a good one.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #177
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Hey Baba I was waiting for some one to proove camaro owners don't all have mullets and beat our wives
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #178
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I can only imagine what is being said, but doesn't Rick Hendrick look concerned about something? I wonder if went something like...
Attached Images

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #179
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Beautiful!!! nuff said
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #180
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
If you are fed up with your top issues, sell it and move on.

This attitude annoys the hell out of me. I pre-ordered my car months before it was available. I ordered it from a great dealership 1/2 way across the country. When I got it, it went straight into the paint shop for 5 weeks for custom paint. Now, at a bit over 4k miles I have some rub marks and wear that I'm sure will eventually become a real problem. I work so I have very little time to take it to the local dealer....and until there's a real fix, what's the point? So they can put tape on it and accuse me of putting the top down wet? No thanks.....it's in the garage if there's any real chance of rain and the top only goes down dry. Honestly it could leak and I'd have no way of knowing about it.

I totally understand the moderator's goal in keeping the flames low, I really do. Moderate is part of their title. I also feel that anger won't get us what we want, what will is resolve. The dedication that Drago, Sux2bU, Birdible, and others have put into documenting, fighting the good fight, and helpful hints to the ownership in general has been fantastic and I, for one, am grateful.

I'm doing my best to keep calm, be patient, and accept that a fix will come. But having some idiot tell me to sell my car after putting in 8k of paint and take the loss of depreciation of a new car is just stupid. We have the right to expect our cars to be well-engineered and reasonable defect-free. We have the right to be heard and supported. And we have the right to gripe about it (not as in 1st amendment, I get that, I mean in general) when we're not, if only to support each other.

Sorry, my Italian temper showed there for a bit...

Tib
Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #181
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
This attitude annoys the hell out of me. I pre-ordered my car months before it was available. I ordered it from a great dealership 1/2 way across the country. When I got it, it went straight into the paint shop for 5 weeks for custom paint. Now, at a bit over 4k miles I have some rub marks and wear that I'm sure will eventually become a real problem. I work so I have very little time to take it to the local dealer....and until there's a real fix, what's the point? So they can put tape on it and accuse me of putting the top down wet? No thanks.....it's in the garage if there's any real chance of rain and the top only goes down dry. Honestly it could leak and I'd have no way of knowing about it.

I totally understand the moderator's goal in keeping the flames low, I really do. Moderate is part of their title. I also feel that anger won't get us what we want, what will is resolve. The dedication that Drago, Sux2bU, Birdible, and others have put into documenting, fighting the good fight, and helpful hints to the ownership in general has been fantastic and I, for one, am grateful.

I'm doing my best to keep calm, be patient, and accept that a fix will come. But having some idiot tell me to sell my car after putting in 8k of paint and take the loss of depreciation of a new car is just stupid. We have the right to expect our cars to be well-engineered and reasonable defect-free. We have the right to be heard and supported. And we have the right to gripe about it (not as in 1st amendment, I get that, I mean in general) when we're not, if only to support each other.

Tib
Talking to each other on the forum won't work. Go public. I am sure there is a reporter who would love to get their hands on this issue.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #182
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post

Tib
Tib-

I'm right there with you...

Unfortunately, I'm starting to weigh the potential value of bailing now versus holding on and dealing with these problems for years to come outta my own pocket..

Looking into a potentially beneficial trade right now at another brand dealerahip, if it doesn't work out, than ill be loosely in the market again. See which comes first- a true GM fix or a deal that I can live with on another brand vert.

So much for the owners dream I wrote about in my build thread when i took delivery
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote