Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #169
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
wellllllllll..........here's the problem....

We've already determined that the "Synergy Green" Silverado is not representative of what the Silverado ACTUALLY looks like!

We simply cannot show you on a computer -- or a paper, for that matter -- what the color actually looks like!

When we make color choices, the color is shown under many different lighting conditions -- further, in order to have a voice in color choices, one must pass a "color test" at GM Design - (you would NOT BELIEVE how comprehensive this test is!!!) -- and if you miss more than 5 out of 250, you cannot have anything to do with color choice as you have varying degrees of color distortion or color blindness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Hunter's green, rally green, or British racing green...... give me a dark, rich, bold green with white stripes like the photo posted by Milk and I'll take it

None of this lime green stuff...... it's cool, like it was on the '70 Hemi 'Cuda, but not as classy and sophisticated as a dark green
Without seeing anything I agree with fastball. I like the darker shades. With that said and with everything I know now about this car... I'm putting my faith with fbodfather and the color choice process.

Hell, I ordered IOM in October without seeing it and went thru months, MONTHS, of speculation about the color. After seeing it with my own eyes two weeks ago... I could not be happier with it. Well maybe if it was actually in my garage But that will come.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #170
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

We've already determined that the "Synergy Green" Silverado is not representative of what the Silverado ACTUALLY looks like!

We simply cannot show you on a computer -- or a paper, for that matter -- what the color actually looks like!

When we make color choices, the color is shown under many different lighting conditions -- further, in order to have a voice in color choices, one must pass a "color test" at GM Design - (you would NOT BELIEVE how comprehensive this test is!!!) -- and if you miss more than 5 out of 250, you cannot have anything to do with color choice as you have varying degrees of color distortion or color blindness!
I'm blind to greens other than those that I have an affinity for. does that count scott?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdog View Post
And tastes will certainly differ when it comes to colors.

Bright greens can look quite good on sporty vehicles.

I always thought Chuck's choice for his C5 was actually very nice...
I got the joke of the dragon tail body side moldings, but I wouldn't have gone there...

that is a sick car. I would like a slightly darker green than that, but that car is just
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #171
DanielleAnne

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
I like it, but I like Milk's green better for sure!!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #172
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
Without seeing anything I agree with fastball. I like the darker shades. With that said and with everything I know now about this car... I'm putting my faith with fbodfather and the color choice process.
I'll put my faith in fbodfather, and all, but I know that it still won't be a green for me. I'm sure it'll look fine. I guess I'm just closed minded towards greens. =P

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #173
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

That test sounds crazy!! But I do like how in-depth and comprehensive you guys are over there. Just one more reason GM is number one in my book! I'm always impressed by the things you say you all go through just to make a car. Makes me realize just how involved it really is and how much you all care. Thank you!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #174
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdog View Post
And tastes will certainly differ when it comes to colors.

Bright greens can look quite good on sporty vehicles.

I always thought Chuck's choice for his C5 was actually very nice...
I got the joke of the dragon tail body side moldings, but I wouldn't have gone there...

Hey, i didn't know Mopar made Corvettes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #175
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Just an update...

Since I've made another that I think is closer to the picture of the Silverado under show lighting, I figured I'd post it here, too.

Still not my cup of tea, though. Oh, well.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #176
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAnne View Post
I like it, but I like Milk's green better for sure!!

Bret03's photoshop green is awesome nice, i'd drive it.

but in the interest of 'anti-mopar color on a camaro', a dark green like Milks w/ black or white stripes would like reaallll nice
Old 04-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #177
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm actually going to get my green Camaro!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #178
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Really?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #179
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
please explain.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #180
transparent

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28 447RWHP 460TQ
Green

Hey everyone, I am new to the site although I have been reading it everyday since early last year. I am huge camaro fan and currently own an '01 Z28 and '88 SC. I love them both. Anyways long story short, I, like so many of you, ordered an RS/SS/2SS on 12/01/08. I originally ordered in CGM with hurst. Dealer then told me CGM and hurst was on constraint, so I switched to black, no hurst. This was not that big of a deal to me. I am priority 3 out of the three allocations at the dealership I chose. the first one has been built and the second one pulled. I am still at 1100, but the dealer expects it to be pulled very soon. (I ordered from a ritzy Chevy dealer in Darien CT, very wealthy area, as I figured they would definitely have allocations and the did) Anyways, the dealer had told me they would sell it to me at GMS price (my father is a 40 year retiree) now that the car is a few weeks out they have reneged and want MSRP. As sad as that may be I want the car so bad that I was willing to eat the loss and just get the damn car. Now that I see this green color I am so excited I have always loved green camaros, when I was in HS the green 95's with the black mirrors and tan interior I always thought was very hot. OK enough.. Long story short, I want the GREEN!! So if anyone can confirm for me for sure that this green is really going to be offered would be a huge deal for me. I would the go cancel my order and wait for the green, plus if its a late intro, the order will probably be outside of allocation hence maybe a better chance at getting the GMS pricing. I was at the Javitz in '06 when the pulled the cover off of this thing so I have waited this long, a couple of more weeks won't kill me especially if I can get that beautiful green. Anyways I appreciate anyone's feedback, and I enjoy reading the site everyday, you guys are all awesome.

Thanks
transparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #181
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Unfortunately, nobody can confirm it yet everyone can tell you it's coming. Just one of those things...
Old 04-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #182
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by transparent View Post
Hey everyone, I am new to the site although I have been reading it everyday since early last year. I am huge camaro fan and currently own an '01 Z28 and '88 SC. I love them both. Anyways long story short, I, like so many of you, ordered an RS/SS/2SS on 12/01/08. I originally ordered in CGM with hurst. Dealer then told me CGM and hurst was on constraint, so I switched to black, no hurst. This was not that big of a deal to me. I am priority 3 out of the three allocations at the dealership I chose. the first one has been built and the second one pulled. I am still at 1100, but the dealer expects it to be pulled very soon. (I ordered from a ritzy Chevy dealer in Darien CT, very wealthy area, as I figured they would definitely have allocations and the did) Anyways, the dealer had told me they would sell it to me at GMS price (my father is a 40 year retiree) now that the car is a few weeks out they have reneged and want MSRP. As sad as that may be I want the car so bad that I was willing to eat the loss and just get the damn car. Now that I see this green color I am so excited I have always loved green camaros, when I was in HS the green 95's with the black mirrors and tan interior I always thought was very hot. OK enough.. Long story short, I want the GREEN!! So if anyone can confirm for me for sure that this green is really going to be offered would be a huge deal for me. I would the go cancel my order and wait for the green, plus if its a late intro, the order will probably be outside of allocation hence maybe a better chance at getting the GMS pricing. I was at the Javitz in '06 when the pulled the cover off of this thing so I have waited this long, a couple of more weeks won't kill me especially if I can get that beautiful green. Anyways I appreciate anyone's feedback, and I enjoy reading the site everyday, you guys are all awesome.

Thanks
There is no real way of telling you for sure if there will be a green Camaro. But when it comes to the Camaro you can trust people like 80Zedder and fbodfather. Zedder works at the plant and if you don't know who fbodfather is, do a quick google search on Scott Settlemier.
and there's also some trustworthy people who know what they're talking about. Like Hylton.

However, the thing is that we don't know when this color will be offered or even if it'll be offered. It could be late this year, or next MY or even two years from know.

There's no real way to tell you for sure.