Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #169
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexZL1 View Post
If you really believed all the s--t you type, your ego wouldn't be so scared like a little boy inside, and you wouldn't go to a camaro site and jack every thread.
For my best pal RexZL1 who has decided to derail this thread even further, after complaining about it being jacked in the first place.

Thanks for reporting for duty right on time, we really appreciate it!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #170
SlitherByU

Drives: 2018 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
So how do you propose to deal with guys like me that own both a GT500 and a ZL1? I think they are both great cars each in it's own ways.
I propose you pay me a tax every time you decide to clog the street with your slower Government Machine.
SlitherByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #171
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
I propose you pay me a tax every time you decide to clog the street with your slower Government Machine.
hmmmm
Attached Images

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #172
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
You are wrong, plain and simple.

It comes straight off the line with other Rustangs.
Well, one of your misinformed rodeo riders told me that. So sorry I don't go to your forum to find out. Thanks for the correction.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #173
bowtiefamily

Quote:
I propose that you are just an internet tough guy that has to spend your life going to the Camaro forum because even mustang people don't like you.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #174
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I kept looking at the front of the stang and it finally soaked in that it looks like a smiling pig! Look at it.If you have never been to a county fair go sometime,you will see what I am talking about.

That being said I will keep my Z over a Found On Road Dead car!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #175
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i cant imagine driving a 580 hp car. i am looking at the 2LT coupe and verts for daily driver. there is a yellow 2013 ZL1 vert in showroom, been there a long long time. i guess its just not a big seller with price tag. but a beautiful car. but really in corvette territory with the 65K price.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #176
SlitherByU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtiefamily View Post
I propose that you are just an internet tough guy that has to spend your life going to the Camaro forum because even mustang people don't like you.
LOL. My definition of "internet tuff guy" is one who threatens to kick ass from 500 miles away. I'm just bored sometimes and I need a laugh.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #177
Ws209

Drives: 1969 Camaro,2005 Mustang Roush S1
Quote:
Sorry man. It's not. And nobody on the Shelby forums complains this much about QC. BTW, I've bought many new GM's. My 2k SS 6 spd had QC issues also. I performed my due diligence with the ZL1. Nice initial appearance was the draw...until you get real close and inspect. I think GM over produced the ZL1 which possibly sacrificed their attention to detail. Just about every dealer around has 3 or 4 on the lot. The dealer I went to had 5! Anyway, I was in panic mode to get back to the Ford house. I can't see ever buying another GM sports car unless it's a Z06 or ZR1...when I'm grey with wrinkled balls.

Here, take a look at a trouble free SC.
My experience with Ford- After buying 8 cars/trucks ( Grand total all Roushes or Shelby's so these aren't cheapies im talking about here either) from Brandon Ford and Bill curry. In 2008 i bought a 2008 Ford f-150 Stage 3 Roush in 2009 with only 16,000 miles the truck supercharger caused the the engine to detonate and cracking the block straight down the middle of the cylinder wall after having the truck towed to Brandon Ford after about a week i called Brandon Ford and asked what was going on with the truck the said and i quote "What truck? Oh the Roush. Were not doing anything with that shit." After that i was shocked and called Ford Motor Company and wrote and complaint only to essential be told to F off so the next day i had it towed to Bill Currie which i was quoted 6,000 to put a brand new motor with ECU and Supercharger So after that i went to my lawyer to sue FMC and Brandon Ford for the Price of the truck ( $63,000 ) The reason FMC didn't want to give me my money back is that they say the motor wasn't factory which it was because Roush trucks come with the supercharger as long as it's a stage 3 i even have the window sticker. So as of right 2013 after numerous delays by Ford because the know they'll lose in court I have just settled on 54,000 (BTW almost all my cars from ford have had to have warranty work done and every dealer i go too has either said they don't know whats wrong or mess it up worse like my 2005 Roush mustang spoiler had to be reglued all they did was use double sided tape to hold it down no joke). So in my opinion Ford doesn't stand by their products and neither does Roush Performance. That is why i will now only buy General Motors and BMW as a matter of fact i go to pick up my new ZL1 tomorrow.
Ws209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #178
SlitherByU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ws209 View Post
My experience with Ford- After buying 8 cars/trucks ( Grand total all Roushes or Shelby's so these aren't cheapies im talking about here either) from Brandon Ford and Bill curry. In 2008 i bought a 2008 Ford f-150 Stage 3 Roush in 2009 with only 16,000 miles the truck supercharger caused the the engine to detonate and cracking the block straight down the middle of the cylinder wall after having the truck towed to Brandon Ford after about a week i called Brandon Ford and asked what was going on with the truck the said and i quote "What truck? Oh the Roush. Were not doing anything with that shit." After that i was shocked and called Ford Motor Company and wrote and complaint only to essential be told to F off so the next day i had it towed to Bill Currie which i was quoted 6,000 to put a brand new motor with ECU and Supercharger So after that i went to my lawyer to sue FMC and Brandon Ford for the Price of the truck ( $63,000 ) The reason FMC didn't want to give me my money back is that they say the motor wasn't factory which it was because Roush trucks come with the supercharger as long as it's a stage 3 i even have the window sticker. So as of right 2013 after numerous delays by Ford because the know they'll lose in court I have just settled on 54,000 (BTW almost all my cars from ford have had to have warranty work done and every dealer i go too has either said they don't know whats wrong or mess it up worse like my 2005 Roush mustang spoiler had to be reglued all they did was use double sided tape to hold it down no joke). So in my opinion Ford doesn't stand by their products and neither does Roush Performance. That is why i will now only buy General Motors and BMW as a matter of fact i go to pick up my new ZL1 tomorrow.
Sounds like you gotta helluva collection of stories. May you have better fortune with gm...
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #179
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
Quote:
Sorry man. It's not. And nobody on the Shelby forums complains this much about QC. BTW, I've bought many new GM's. My 2k SS 6 spd had QC issues also. I performed my due diligence with the ZL1. Nice initial appearance was the draw...until you get real close and inspect. I think GM over produced the ZL1 which possibly sacrificed their attention to detail. Just about every dealer around has 3 or 4 on the lot. The dealer I went to had 5! Anyway, I was in panic mode to get back to the Ford house. I can't see ever buying another GM sports car unless it's a Z06 or ZR1...when I'm grey with wrinkled balls.

Here, take a look at a trouble free SC.
Really
z28man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #180
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...they say give somebody enough rope and they will....well, you know the saying. Let slither keep runnin' at the jib. He ain't gonna last long here before he gets droned.....
Old 08-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #181
bowtiefamily

Quote:
LOL. My definition of "internet tuff guy" is one who threatens to kick ass from 500 miles away. I'm just bored sometimes and I need a laugh.
Wow. Your life must suck. It is ok I will be your friend.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #182
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
^....haha....you are being sarcastic...but I like sarcasm.....