Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #169
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long! I mean, we all pretty much call BS about the situation. I feel that OP might be trolling much like rontammy0 said, this forum is pretty good about figuring out these types of dilemmas. Therefore, I gave no real help/advice on the issue. Despite my educated law background I called BS from the get-go.

Save your breath people.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #170
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Dang, why can't I ever find these people when I put stuff on Craig's List?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #171
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
I can't believe this thread has gone on this long! I mean, we all pretty much call BS about the situation. I feel that OP might be trolling much like rontammy0 said, this forum is pretty good about figuring out these types of dilemmas. Therefore, I gave no real help/advice on the issue. Despite my educated law background I called BS from the get-go.

Save your breath people.
Looking at OPs previous post doesnt seem like something to troll about
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #172
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWorksforme View Post

Thanks! Still don't know what makes it a ZLT RS though.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #173
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post

Save your breath people.
Don't believe the OP is a troll based on their past posts. However, do think her 'friend' might telling her a 'story' about the car
Old 04-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #174
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Well...
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #175
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Don't believe the OP is a troll based on their past posts. However, do think her 'friend' might telling her a 'story' about the car
That is the point I am getting at. She is not necessarily "a troll" but her argument/posts seem rather far fetched. Her friend may be full of shit and telling her a BS story. She believes it and posts it? LOL like seriously sounds to dumb to be true... But again, it never seems to amaze me the stupidity in our society. Make better choices and don't believe all the BS you hear. That is all.

Don't get me wrong I believe she is legitimately a good person on here but the thread is ridiculous.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:53 AM   #176

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Maybe the friend was familiar with the OP's "Z/LT"......The friend then sees this poser "Z/L1" and thinks all is well....???..."Hey, I got a car just like yours!!!"..

"I have a friend who bought a Camaro because she really liked mine....."

Last edited by 90503; 04-27-2016 at 12:27 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #177
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Are we so insecure that if we might actually by fooled by a story on a forum, we're losing at the internet or something? I mean seriously. Our online rep is going to be permanently damaged because some jerk fooled us? Our online milk-money is going to be taken from us by cyber-bullies because we were dumb enough to believe a story online.

Are we really that pathetic now? Look, nobody's yanking a man-card because you honestly tried to help somebody and it turned out to be a troll. Maybe I have a big advantage here. I don't give a rat anus what folks think about a lot of things; as long as I'm true to myself, I'm OK with myself. If somebody does something to wrong me, that's on them not me. I don't make other people's mistakes.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #178
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Maybe the friend was familiar with the OP's "Z/LT"......The friend then sees this poser "Z/L1" and thinks all is well....???..."Hey, I got a car just like yours!!!"...
Think you might be on to something with that analogy, badging is only off by one character on those 2 cars (OP's car and the one her friend just bought).
Visually looking at the v6 and v8 with engine covers on makes them appear about the same size under the hood. The Camaro v6 does not have a marking on the engine cover to indicate it is a v6, and the plug wires are hidden. Noticed that Chevy only puts the V emblem on the Camaro V8 engine cover and kept the V6 icognito.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #179
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinebrightx View Post
I'm not sure.. I've tried to call my friend but last I heard their parents are getting lawyers or something so I'll let them handle it lol
Sounds like they should call the police first. Car is probably stolen. Without the title she can't register it, insure it, get tags for it, etc. And if he wrote a check for it, he needs to contact his bank and file a fraud claim.

Should have been the first thing they did. If they wait too long the police might charge them with receiving stolen goods.

The money is more than likely gone already and a lost cause, but perhaps the bank can do something to recover it if he wrote a check.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #180
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
People should think twice before coming here with odd or untrue threads.....ive seen the camaro5 community solve many mysteries. People that are trying to post crap are quickly figured out....they are tried....sentenced and hung before they know what happened. From helping somebody find where a single bolt goes to helping people with car or mod problem. Nothing gets past this community ....people should understand this before wasting their and our time.
The leaking windshield thread... now deleted... was one of the best. That OP, and her louis vuitton handbag, got exposed and ripped a new one in the most awesome and entertaining manner.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #181
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
The leaking windshield thread... now deleted... was one of the best. That OP, and her louis vuitton handbag, got exposed and ripped a new one in the most awesome and entertaining manner.
I forgot about that handbag thread i remember some details and forget some as well....your right the entertainment factor is really good.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:16 AM   #182
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I think I can help this thread out, you know, give it some new life. Did the fake ZL1 have a catch can? Discuss!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote