Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #169
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
With a 20 round clip? Are you kidding me? No never.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #170
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I would be willing to drive behind you if you want, just let me know.
One of these years I'll make it down to the Dragon, but probably not on a bike. Somewhere toward the end of summer the "Pro-Touring" folks holds their "Run Through The Hills" event in that vicinity. Unlike most of the Goodguys events, ASCS accepts late model ponycars without objection that I know of.

From watching your video it really does look like 2nd and 3rd is all you'd ever need or even want, short of having swapped in a really stupid axle ratio.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #171
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
One of these years I'll make it down to the Dragon, but probably not on a bike. Somewhere toward the end of summer the "Pro-Touring" folks holds their "Run Through The Hills" event in that vicinity. Unlike most of the Goodguys events, ASCS accepts late model ponycars without objection that I know of.

From watching your video it really does look like 2nd and 3rd is all you'd ever need or even want, short of having swapped in a really stupid axle ratio.

Norm
I didn't want to push too hard, if you noticed there was sand or salt they had put down for traction. Plus cops usually hang out on weekends up there. But I only saw the ones at the wreck.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #172
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I've never regretted getting an auto, play the with paddles all the time. My ZL1 will be a manual though.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #173
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
No regrets, love my paddles and the way Nightmare sounds.
Hot Wheels Emblems and Floor Mats, Morimoto Fog Lights, PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting & My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller & Paddle Shifter Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Hot Wheels door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #174
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Nope.

Sent from my Transformer
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #175
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPuppet View Post
Yea I'm the same. I just like the extra bit of "driving" you have to do with a manual... you feel more involved...
with this car, the controlling the gear shift is kinda like playing a musical instrument because the car would produce different sound depending upon your gear selection, more so than the other cars
Attached Images

Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 AM   #176
Risky guy

Drives: 2012 mitsubishi evolution mr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangt77 View Post
Ok with all due respect to auto people, still a great car and everything but please dont say that paddle shifting is like driving a stick lol. Not even close. I had an auto V6 and it was a great car...but I've always heard the typical "only a V6 automatic" and "its not a real sports car if its not manual" so I decided to grow the balls and just buy a manual when I got my V8. Absolutely LOVE stick. I learned it on my SS, and wile it took some time once you get the hang of it, its nothing. I would strongly recommend this to anyone looking to trade in. Really adds so much more fun to your ride. I feel like half the auto guys just didnt want to deal with learning stick or just thought they werent going to be good at it and thats why they settled for the auto. Not saying ALL auto guys but most. At least that was how I was. Still a great car though and I can understand people with their reasons(bad legs, city driving) but I really think everyone should just TRY IT! Its fun. Youll never know if you like it or not until you give it a shot.
But to answer your question...yes I regretted it. But not more than regretting getting the V6 over the V8.
Love my paddle shifters & my dual clutch auto.
I can bang through gears, or let it do its own thing.

Normal mode for regular driving.
Sport mode for aggressive driving
Ss mode for track & launch control.

Holds rpms til 5 k, it can move up the rpms so quick, glad I can just hammer the next gear.
So no regrets with this auto, it shifts better/faster than 99% of the planet.
Risky guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #177
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Ever regret getting an automatic

Not up until I bought my GT500, now I pretty much get bored driving my Camaro. I'm glad my GT500 is available as manual only, manuals are a dying breed, anyone can push a button and pretend they are driving the car it takes skill to drive a manual.

Completely understandable why people wouldn't want to drive a manual though. Sheer laziness, don't know/want to learn how to drive a manual, disorders of joints/Health issues etc. seem to be common themes. Some people just want to go fast and don't care about whether its the car going fast or them making the car go fast and others just didn't care whether it was an auto or manual. Stop and go traffic is common it seems, though after driving a manual in constant stop and go traffic over the last summer I don't understand the complaint about that maybe it's something I've let to discover...

Regardless of your CHOICE its no ones right to question it and the OP should be lynched for starting another one of these ****ing stupid threads. I think we can all agree on that...

Last edited by The IOM Ninja; 03-15-2013 at 02:58 AM.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #178
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I know how to drive a manual. When I got mine, it was my DD..if you dealt with some of the crap I did, you wouldn't want a manual as a DD. People pull out in front of you like it's nothing here, and they drive slow.

Now my Camaro is my fun car, and I wouldn't have minded a manual so much. I'm perfectly fine with my auto though. Sport and PS are fun for what I do.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #179
RoadMonkey
that's how we do it

Drives: '20 ZL1 / A10 Shadow Gray
I thought I would...but NOPE! I am glad more times that I have an auto then the times I wish I had a manual. So, statistics show I'm happier more often =)...but that's just me. I am however glad the ZR1 is a manual...jus sayin
[COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=black]'02 Camaro SS/SLP 6spd
RoadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #180
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I know how to drive a manual. When I got mine, it was my DD..if you dealt with some of the crap I did, you wouldn't want a manual as a DD. People pull out in front of you like it's nothing here, and they drive slow.

Now my Camaro is my fun car, and I wouldn't have minded a manual so much. I'm perfectly fine with my auto though. Sport and PS are fun for what I do.
Downshift and pass them? It's not like an automatic prevents that... It's just instead of you downshifting the car does. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding exactly how transmissions work....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #181
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
Downshift and pass them? It's not like an automatic prevents that... It's just instead of you downshifting the car does. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding exactly how transmissions work....
No, I pass people plenty. It's when I have people pulling out from both sides and driving side by side, people staying slow, stop and go traffic, etc. I'd rather have an auto to DD. If I knew it was gonna be a weekend car, I might've gotten a manual.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #182
skoal bandit

Drives: 2012 ZL1 1991 Syclone 2011 Silverad
Nope not in my '10 SS or my '12 ZL1