Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #1933
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Pretty awesome to watch Rich Froning squatting in the background....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #1934
gen6waiter

Drives: Toyota Taco. 2010 SS-Sold :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
you are way too nice in your gym (others too) if they regularly get away with it. Me, I will let them know to remove their crap. Also, if I see someone "reserve" a piece of equipment and go work on something else, and I want that equipment, their "towel" disappears and I TAKE the equipment, and no working in with me.....move along, move along.
if I was your size, I would...
Old 01-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #1935
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Was able to beat one of our teammates in practice this past weekend. He is almost Triple my body weight! He was trying to slip his grip on this pic but I had a death grip locked down on his thumb! My wrist and hand strength are finally starting to slowly catch up to my bicep and lat strength. Training for Texas State Arm Wrestling Championships Pro Division at The Ronnie Coleman Classic Expo! Trying to qualify for Regionals and a chance for cash and be on ESPN!!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #1936
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Good Morning Everyone!

I am looking for some recovery tips and suggestions (Figure this could also help others in this thread)

Here is the back story. I have played sports my whole life (rugby and soccer in Highschool) and about 3 years ago I stopped with sports to focus on school, so for those years I really only weight trained and focused more on bodybuilding. A few months ago I was approached by my old rugby coach to come back out and play for the Mens team in Tulsa. Preseason started January and our first game was last weekend. The last time I really trained hard for a sport was like I said 3 years ago, I was roughly 190lbs then and 7-8% BF with great cardio. I am now 227lbs or so probably around 11% BF and 23 years old, and for the past 6 weeks of practice and training, my legs just aren't recovering like they used to. Im sure it will take some time after being out of the running/hard sprints and cuts aspect of training for a few years, some of it is also probably due to me carrying an extra 37+ lbs.

This is what I take supplement wise and do for recovery.
Omegas, ZMA, Glutamine, some form of Joint supplement (glucosamine and chondroitin)
I also try to foam roll and stretch every evening, and drink water all day.

However, my legs still dont ever feel 100% We practice twice a week, 2 1/2 hours each time, and I am weight training 4 days a week.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or advice to get my legs, and overall muscles and joints to recover quicker?

Thanks in advance!

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #1937
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
There is nothing going to help you recovery 'faster'. No way to 'speed up the healing process' of your body. Your body will improve/adjust over the next few weeks, but right now, just have to suck it up and keep going.

What you are taking is fine and helps with circulation. I don't think I would change that.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #1938
RGRCamaro

Quote:
There is nothing going to help you recovery 'faster'. No way to 'speed up the healing process' of your body. Your body will improve/adjust over the next few weeks, but right now, just have to suck it up and keep going.

What you are taking is fine and helps with circulation. I don't think I would change that.

Thank you sir! Yeah im trying! One of my buddies told me to just cash in my natty card, and start on a test booster. He was half-joking, but it got me thinking, those of you that do, do you notice recovery differences?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #1939
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
Thank you sir! Yeah im trying! One of my buddies told me to just cash in my natty card, and start on a test booster. He was half-joking, but it got me thinking, those of you that do, do you notice recovery differences?
at 23 years old, test booster for you would be a waste of $$$. You won't see those levels dropping to young/mid 30's. That is like putting high octane gas in a VW Beetle, it's still a Beetle and will gain nothing.

I would say take a good protein drink with plenty of BCAA's after your training. This will help feed your body of what it is wanting, nutrients. Make sure you are getting good vitamins and minerals also.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #1940
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
at 23 years old, test booster for you would be a waste of $$$. You won't see those levels dropping to young/mid 30's. That is like putting high octane gas in a VW Beetle, it's still a Beetle and will gain nothing.

I would say take a good protein drink with plenty of BCAA's after your training. This will help feed your body of what it is wanting, nutrients. Make sure you are getting good vitamins and minerals also.

That's solid advice. Too young for boosters, you'd probably walk around w/a permanent hard-on, and not by choice, but that's about all you'd get out of it.

Maybe think about adding Taurine, it helps retain muscle/and recovery. Other than that just eat good clean food, lots of eggs and veggies. Little to no fruit, especially no fruit drinks/sodas or crap like that, and you should see some pretty good results. Oh, sleep is also a key factor, try to get 8 hours.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #1941
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

I am looking for some recovery tips and suggestions (Figure this could also help others in this thread)

Here is the back story. I have played sports my whole life (rugby and soccer in Highschool) and about 3 years ago I stopped with sports to focus on school, so for those years I really only weight trained and focused more on bodybuilding. A few months ago I was approached by my old rugby coach to come back out and play for the Mens team in Tulsa. Preseason started January and our first game was last weekend. The last time I really trained hard for a sport was like I said 3 years ago, I was roughly 190lbs then and 7-8% BF with great cardio. I am now 227lbs or so probably around 11% BF and 23 years old, and for the past 6 weeks of practice and training, my legs just aren't recovering like they used to. Im sure it will take some time after being out of the running/hard sprints and cuts aspect of training for a few years, some of it is also probably due to me carrying an extra 37+ lbs.

This is what I take supplement wise and do for recovery.
Omegas, ZMA, Glutamine, some form of Joint supplement (glucosamine and chondroitin)
I also try to foam roll and stretch every evening, and drink water all day.

However, my legs still dont ever feel 100% We practice twice a week, 2 1/2 hours each time, and I am weight training 4 days a week.

Do you guys have any other suggestions or advice to get my legs, and overall muscles and joints to recover quicker?

Thanks in advance!
First thing I would ask you is what is really bothering you? Is it muscle related, tendon ligament related, or joint/bone related?

Second thing is how much sleep are you getting?

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 02-03-2015, 12:50 PM   #1942
RGRCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
First thing I would ask you is what is really bothering you? Is it muscle related, tendon ligament related, or joint/bone related?

Second thing is how much sleep are you getting?

Right now I am having a little extra ankle and knee pain (Very slight) which I expected from knee surgeries and carrying the extra weight but for the most part, my legs in general just feel fatigued. The second I start jogging they feel jelloish and not 100% Its in the muscles, its like they aren't recovering at all.

I get around 6-7 hours during the week (Trying to push more for 8-9) On weekends I stop myslef at around 9 hours or so.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #1943
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Right now I am having a little extra ankle and knee pain (Very slight) which I expected from knee surgeries and carrying the extra weight but for the most part, my legs in general just feel fatigued. The second I start jogging they feel jelloish and not 100% Its in the muscles, its like they aren't recovering at all.

I get around 6-7 hours during the week (Trying to push more for 8-9) On weekends I stop myslef at around 9 hours or so.
Well more training means you need more sleep. But off the top of my head....

You could try contrast showers, ice baths, epsom salt baths, and a good massage probably wouldn't hurt either.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 02-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #1944
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I'm down 5lbs in 3 days just from changing what I eat. Probably going to start lifting soon.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #1945
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Train less.

I'm serious, all the (natural) supplements in the world will not fix inadequate rest. If your legs are always fatigued they need more rest... at least for now.

You just got back into it so give your body a chance to adapt to high workloads again.

(I come from a triathlon background... ten Ironmans amongst countless other shorter races... and triathletes are famous for overtraining. Been there done that more times than I care to admit.)
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #1946
RGRCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Train less.

I'm serious, all the (natural) supplements in the world will not fix inadequate rest. If your legs are always fatigued they need more rest... at least for now.

You just got back into it so give your body a chance to adapt to high workloads again.

(I come from a triathlon background... ten Ironmans amongst countless other shorter races... and triathletes are famous for overtraining. Been there done that more times than I care to admit.)

Thank you sir! A few people have told me that I do not take enough rest or rest days/weeks. It's tough to take these rest days, but sounds like I really need to just need to force myself.