Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #183
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Maybe they should rename it from Camaro to Monte Carlo and add all the luxury features...
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #184
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
My SSE Bonneville had climate control, what PITA playing with digits.

this is so much quicker and easier to dial in a round knob to the desired temp.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #185
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
There is a happy medium. I am admittedly new to the gear head thing. I have always loved cars, but not as much as I've been getting into it lately with my new camaro. I am getting more and more into the mechanics and the mods and that kind of stuff, but at the same time, I appreciate the passive things, like the interior design, keeping it clean etc. You can appreciate both. I am no expert, not even remotely, like a lot of you guys are. I am no mechanic. I do know how turbochargers, superchargers, other things work etc., but I would not want to install one. I don't even change my own oil, that's due to laziness lol, and the fact I don't have a lift. I used to change my oil in older cars, but its much more convenient for me to use a service. Point is, there is nothing wrong about appreciating all aspects of the car.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #186
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
Actually it became a discussion about what a camaro is. Some want it to be a budget luxery sporting tourer. Others want bare bones blistering times. Many want something in between.

Climate control is a good example that explores this idea of divergent buyers.
Oh... in that case I would say if people want a luxury sporting tourer GM already makes those. The Cadillac ATS, CTS, and CTS-V are excellent choices for cars that are fun to drive and full of creature comforts.

If people want "budget luxury" well, that's not going to happen. GM is not going to give anything away... you're going to pay for climate control and whatever else. Personally, I think attempting anything along the lines of a "luxury" Camaro would make a mockery of the whole brand.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #187
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilborne View Post
I agree. Even my 05 F150 had climate control.
My 1995 Buick park avenue had dual climate control along with a ton of features you don't see in most cars these days. LMAO
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 AM   #188
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
i hate,hate,hate climate control. its a deal breaker when buying a car.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #189
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
and why do you hate climate control?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #190
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Eight pages of arguing about climate control. Climate control! Wow... just wow.

This is nothing compared to some other thread topics on the general discussions.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #191
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
and why do you hate climate control?
it has always been a pos in all the cars i have had with it. all i want is a consistent cold breeze.(would rather be cold) its the simple things i guess.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #192
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
im just the opposite. Id rather just have it set at the temp im convertible at and let it do all the work to keep it there. I loved it in every vehicle iv had it in.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #193
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
and asking for climate control is going to do that?
All by itself, no.

Erosion is generally a gradual process, but it also tends to be irreversible. Hence each little bit lost - manual HVAC in this particular case - matters. Historically, "feature creep" in cars has behaved in a similar fashion, with the result being that all cars are evolving/converging toward the "luxury" or "gentleman's express" segments (depending on how much performance is also built in).

For now at least, that's not a wide enough range for me. Twenty years from now when I'm in my mid-80's it may not matter. But I'd really like to get that far out without having to submit to life with my cars having all these features that I don't need and really don't want, just to get the performance that I do want or won't accept less than.

Norm
resident nonconformist?
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #194
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
My 1995 Buick park avenue had dual climate control along with a ton of features you don't see in most cars these days. LMAO
My 86 Audi 5000 turbo quattro had automatic climate control, and it worked.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #195
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
My 08 Malibu LTZ with all the bells and whistles, has climate control and I'll admit it that I'm spoiled now.

With both the temp control and the fan control, you can set them both to auto, or if you want the usual manual adjustments, just take them off the auto setting.

Now I don't have it on my 2013 ZL1 convertible, but that's ok I can use the manual controls just fine. It'd also be impossible to impliment it in a convertible when you have the top down.

BUT, I think all they have to do is to make it part of a 'deluxe comfort' option. Those of us that don't want/need it can simply choose not to order that option. Make it a part of the option that would include all the other 'deluxe' comfort items like heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheels, etc.

just make it all an 'Old farts' option package. I'll bet alot of us old farts would consider paying for that option, but it's not neccessary to include those features on all the trim levels as standard.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #196
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
http://jalopnik.com/what-feature-in-...use-1296016912
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote