Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #183
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
woohoo, just ordered me a winter tire/wheel package

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #184
AnnArborBoy

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1 A6
Rudy, I've been meaning to post pictures for the past month or so; apologies for the delay. For those considering buying tires and/or wheels from Rudy and TireRack I can tell you that you'll love the process. Briefly, I've a 2SS/RS that is my daily driver . . . I can't not drive this baby! I ordered Pirelli Ice and Snow tires and mounted them on 20 inch Sport Muscle CM5 wheels. I placed the order with Rudy on a Friday afternoon and the following Tuesday I had everything delivered to my driveway! That's quick service.

I've been driving with them for around a month and a half with no troubles what so ever. I haven't taken my baby out when we've had more than 3-4 inches; I've an Equinox for that. But once roads have been plowed or the snow isn't more than and inch or so I've been able to get around without any trouble. The ride seems a bit more rough than the summer tires but this might change with some more miles on the tires. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the wheels looked, my son actually likes them better than the originals (not sure I agree with him on this).

All in all, the service from Rudy/TireRack was great. You'll not find better prices (I tried) and you can't beat the customer service. Thanks Rudy!
Attached Images

AnnArborBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #185
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
woohoo, just ordered me a winter tire/wheel package
Thank you for your order! Lets see the pixs when they become available!
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #186
Rudy@Tirerack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnArborBoy View Post
Rudy, I've been meaning to post pictures for the past month or so; apologies for the delay. For those considering buying tires and/or wheels from Rudy and TireRack I can tell you that you'll love the process. Briefly, I've a 2SS/RS that is my daily driver . . . I can't not drive this baby! I ordered Pirelli Ice and Snow tires and mounted them on 20 inch Sport Muscle CM5 wheels. I placed the order with Rudy on a Friday afternoon and the following Tuesday I had everything delivered to my driveway! That's quick service.

I've been driving with them for around a month and a half with no troubles what so ever. I haven't taken my baby out when we've had more than 3-4 inches; I've an Equinox for that. But once roads have been plowed or the snow isn't more than and inch or so I've been able to get around without any trouble. The ride seems a bit more rough than the summer tires but this might change with some more miles on the tires. I was pleasantly surprised with how good the wheels looked, my son actually likes them better than the originals (not sure I agree with him on this).

All in all, the service from Rudy/TireRack was great. You'll not find better prices (I tried) and you can't beat the customer service. Thanks Rudy!
Thank you for the nice review and the pictures. I am glad to hear you have been happy with your purchase!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #187
73vette

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, 1973 Corvette
I just wanted to say I purchased a set of BF Goodrich Winterforce tires w/ studs on them, and today, driving through 3/4 inches of snow was cake. I was easily and comfortably passing FWD cars and still enjoying my commute to work. They are great!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #188
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Rudy, I placed my order on the website Friday, and when I got home from work today, the wheels were sitting at my garage! Very impressed with the service and the extremely quick shipping. The new wheels look great, I will get pics up tomorrow. We are going to get blasted with maybe a foot of snow tonight, so once the roads get plowed, i will test those blizzaks out

Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
Old 01-12-2011, 10:19 AM   #189
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
I mounted my Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snow tires on the car a little over a month ago and didn't get the chance to drive through any snow or ice until I flew back from a business trip on Monday. I drove through snow from KC Int'l Airport all the way to Abilene, KS, sometimes through areas that were plowed and snowed back over. The tires have proven themselves over and over again as I've been able to get my SS up and down the ice packed side streets and inspire confidence that I've not had with any previous Hi-Po cars that I've had to drive through bad conditions. The setup I have is stock sizes on some stock wheels on my 2SS/RS (LS3) and unless I make the car slide or spin out on purpose, it goes AND stops AND turns just fine.

This was my 4th purchase of tires (and/or wheels) from Tirerack and I can't say anything but positive things about them. They even shipped me wheels and tires within one week's time when I was stationed in Germany. These guys are awesome!

I'll add pics later.

-Tim
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:15 AM   #190
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

these tires are amazing in the snow!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #191
meerlust

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT RS
I wanted to thank Rudy for helping me with my purchase of some 20" Yokohama Spec-X All Seasons for my 1LT RS. He made it a very painless transaction, and the new tires wire at a local shop the day after I placed my order. My baby has new shoes, and I can deal with the occasional 3 - 5 inches we get in St. Louis.

Thanks,
Scott
meerlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #192
Rudy@Tirerack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73vette View Post
I just wanted to say I purchased a set of BF Goodrich Winterforce tires w/ studs on them, and today, driving through 3/4 inches of snow was cake. I was easily and comfortably passing FWD cars and still enjoying my commute to work. They are great!
These are actually Firestone Winter Force I believe. Glad to hear they are working well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
Rudy, I placed my order on the website Friday, and when I got home from work today, the wheels were sitting at my garage! Very impressed with the service and the extremely quick shipping. The new wheels look great, I will get pics up tomorrow. We are going to get blasted with maybe a foot of snow tonight, so once the roads get plowed, i will test those blizzaks out
Glad to hear you are happy with the Blizzaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaron327 View Post
I mounted my Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snow tires on the car a little over a month ago and didn't get the chance to drive through any snow or ice until I flew back from a business trip on Monday. I drove through snow from KC Int'l Airport all the way to Abilene, KS, sometimes through areas that were plowed and snowed back over. The tires have proven themselves over and over again as I've been able to get my SS up and down the ice packed side streets and inspire confidence that I've not had with any previous Hi-Po cars that I've had to drive through bad conditions. The setup I have is stock sizes on some stock wheels on my 2SS/RS (LS3) and unless I make the car slide or spin out on purpose, it goes AND stops AND turns just fine.

This was my 4th purchase of tires (and/or wheels) from Tirerack and I can't say anything but positive things about them. They even shipped me wheels and tires within one week's time when I was stationed in Germany. These guys are awesome!

I'll add pics later.

-Tim
Wow! Thanks for the review and good comments! I appreicate you as a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerlust View Post
I wanted to thank Rudy for helping me with my purchase of some 20" Yokohama Spec-X All Seasons for my 1LT RS. He made it a very painless transaction, and the new tires wire at a local shop the day after I placed my order. My baby has new shoes, and I can deal with the occasional 3 - 5 inches we get in St. Louis.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott, I hope you like the new Yokohama tires!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #193
sturdy
sturdy

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
I bought four 17" Blizzak DM-V1 mounted and balanced on MSW Type 22 wheels (Butch was CS rep that helped me through the ordering process). The tires arrived in two days. For some reason the bolt pattern was off on one of the wheels (gave me fits because at first I thought I was the one screwed up). Being a Sunday I couldn't call customer service, but got ahold them first thing Monday morning (can't remember the CS rep that took care of getting the replacement out :(). Tuesday night I had the replacement wheel and tire at my house. I was very impressed with the entire operation and level of service.

The Blizzaks DM-V1 worked perfectly in the snow and ice (I live just south of Indianapolis). I do a lot of highway driving. On one bad day I guess cars were slipping and sliding off the road. I had tractor trailer in front of me and so I couldn't see what was going on. I just notice cars that had slide off on either side of the road. The truck slammed on the breaks a few seconds latter and started to jack knife (he was a good driver and saved it). I immediately hit the brakes and the car slowed down on wet, slushy highway pretty fast without sliding (from 60 to 20 in a few seconds).

The tires also work well in my unplowed neighborhood and on the ice that we just had. The car seems to handle a lot better than most other vehicles out there. Very satified with both the tire package and Tirerack's help in getting them.
sturdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #194
Rudy@Tirerack

Sorry to hear about the intial problems. Glad to here everything was worked out as it should be. Blizzaks make a huge difference in bad weather. If you need anything in the future give me a call directly. Thanks a lot for your order.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #195
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

yea the blizzaks are amazing! one of the best investments ive gotten for the car so far

Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #196
LivinModified

Drives: 1SS
im gonna be buying the 1ss camaro soon and wanted to get snow tires for it. I looked on tirerack and didnt find any available sizes.. are the pirelli snow and ice tires sold out for the year?
LivinModified is offline   Reply With Quote