Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #183
BrainleSS
Working on my 2nd one!

Drives: Camaro
Well done, they look great! Can I ask the details of your boost controller. Thank you in advance!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #184
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
The only thing I don't love about this car is red, other than that is perfect. Great choice in wheels.
Thanks Nick! The Red is part of what sealed the deal for me on this car, I had just put a decent amount of money into my SS when I saw this sitting in the corner of Andys shop without a drivetrain, we talked about the plan for the car, Andy knew I wanted a Red ZL1, when we loaded my SS for me to head back to California Andy jokingly said I've seen your future & I'll see you in a couple months when your back to pick up the Z, I laughed & told him he was crazy, he started sending me pictures every other day & asking me questions, I kept telling him I wasnt gonna buy it, he kept sending pictures & asking what I thought, then I get the call & he says I need to know right now if your buying it because its transmission time, I need an auto because of a motorcycle accident & Andys plan was a manual transmission, he needed my answer because The Texas Mile was a few weeks away & the car was entered, next thing I know I'm telling my wife all the reasons I just bought another Camaro, she was a little upset until she saw & drove the car, this car drives so nice its ridiculous, under boost like she drives you'd never know anything is done to the car, my SS was a very nice car, but to her it was loud & rough riding, now she likes us to take the Z whenever its the 2 of us going out, magnetic ride is awesome! Nice & smooth when your cruising & stiff when you want to have some fun, it really is the best of both worlds. Andy & the ADM guys did an awesome job building this car, I can cruise it slow & smooth or smash the gas pedal & go stupid fast in the blink of an eye.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #185
mylftft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
HELL TO THE YEAH ADM brother !!!!!!!!

Five spoke old school WELDS!!!!!!!!

What size wheels and tires are you running for the street?
Thanks man! Appreciate the compliments!

Fronts are a 20×5.5 with Pirelli P Zero 235/30/20
Rears are a 20×11 with MT DR's 305/35/20
Old 01-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #186
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
It looks amazing.

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #187
mylftft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainleSS View Post
Well done, they look great! Can I ask the details of your boost controller. Thank you in advance!
Its a PCS D200, I'm gonna put up some pictures of it right now, honestly I haven't even started to figure the thing out yet, Andy just sent me some updates I'm going to load into the car this weekend, I've got a lot of reading to do so I can figure out how to use it correctly.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #188
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Guess I need to post some pics of my CAN display now... Amazing what it shows and does...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #189
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
Its a PCS D200, I'm gonna put up some pictures of it right now, honestly I haven't even started to figure the thing out yet, Andy just sent me some updates I'm going to load into the car this weekend, I've got a lot of reading to do so I can figure out how to use it correctly.
Thats pretty nice! How do you have it set to control boost. Are you using the OEM PCM or something different that this unit talks to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Guess I need to post some pics of my CAN display now... Amazing what it shows and does...
Robert, aren't you running the Holly Dominator ECM? That should do it all right, boost control the whole 9 yards? How do you like it. Im looking to do something like this later. I just ordered the Boost leash, boost by gear unit. Should work pretty well to keep the car going straight. Car is being torn apart now so no fun for a while I guess.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #190
BrainleSS
Working on my 2nd one!

Drives: Camaro
Thank you.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #191
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Thats pretty nice! How do you have it set to control boost. Are you using the OEM PCM or something different that this unit talks to?

Robert, aren't you running the Holly Dominator ECM? That should do it all right, boost control the whole 9 yards? How do you like it. Im looking to do something like this later. I just ordered the Boost leash, boost by gear unit. Should work pretty well to keep the car going straight. Car is being torn apart now so no fun for a while I guess.
No, I'm running the ProEFI system. One stop does it all.

Pro 128 computer...

http://proefi.com/info/product-list/ecus/

Can display....

http://proefi.com/info/product-list/proefi-can-display/

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #192
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Awesome build guys!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #193
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Awesome build guys!
Thank you ....
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #194
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
I drove 3 of my daughters to church in this car on Sunday. It amazes me that people are talking about what it would make with a 427 or a manual. I just showed a dyno sheet with 1074 rwhp through an automatic 6L90. That's all I'm gonna share but will say that's not the only dyno sheet I have, the car will be driven all over California, pull up next to it then see if I need more cubes or a manual. I'm just joking around, thanks for all the compliments! Like was said earlier, I know we left some power on the table when I choose to go with an auto, the original plan was 1400 rwhp, the motor, turbos & fuel system are built for & capable of that, I could swap the tranny & do it if I wanted to. Like was said, I was in a motorcycle accident & lost my left leg below the knee, I can drive stick but its not any fun, I won't be winning any races with my shift speed either. This car is very much still a ZL1, its ready to tear up a road course, run the quarter, do some mile events or be a daily driver. It drives like stock under boost, my wife took it to the grocery store & dropped the kids at school, put the pedal down though & you better hold on because its a monster! ADM knows how to build incredible cars!
wow I just stumbled on this thread, so happy for you man...it was great meeting you out in Ripon last summer and I CAN'T WAIT to see this thing in person!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #195
mylftft

Thanks man! Let me know the next time there is a get together & I'll be there.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #196
mylftft

Took the car on a trip through the hills near wine country last weekend.
Attached Images