Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #2073
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
We could start slapping people around?! Hah jk.
That may work LOL. I think that where as winter is on us it will be more active again.

I've been still working out as usual and am doing good considering my diet sucks. Next week end I will be finished with the work on my broken jaw and will soon be able to actually eat again.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #2074
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
As for my Crossfit adventure: every day sucks, but sucks a little less than the last. I'm ALWAYS sore. I have muscles that I didn't even know I had that are sore. And Im all puffy and swollen, so thats just great. And I'm starving all the time and thats annoying even though I'm eating small meals non stop-lots of fiber and protein, carbs early in the day.

But then I think of the little changes I'm seeing and the things I'm doing and never thought I could do and it's all worth it.
Interesting, I am actually really contemplating starting CrossFit, but it's kind of expensive and I don't like the idea of having to workout based on someone else's schedule, I'm a college student and life gets busy.

I'm still at it, haven't lost any weight in awhile really, just been maintaining my weight right around 155 and continually seeing gains in the gym 5 days a week, so pretty happy.

The holidays seem to always mess everything up, but hopefully we can all suck it up and stick with it!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #2075
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hard work and dedication pays off! Had our holiday party for work, and I was able to rock a dress I would never have had the courage to wear before! I'm on the right...

Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #2076
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Dead thread is dead.
It's that time of the year where we tend to beef up with all of the holiday foods and set diet aside for the next new year's weight lose resolution.

I have dropped 4 lbs in the last week nevertheless.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #2077
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
That may work LOL. I think that where as winter is on us it will be more active again.

I've been still working out as usual and am doing good considering my diet sucks. Next week end I will be finished with the work on my broken jaw and will soon be able to actually eat again.
Well I'll start cracking knuckles. And as for winter - makes workouts painful when its outside!

Yay for workouts! Glad your jaw is almost back to normal! I bet you can't wait for a steak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1LE View Post
Interesting, I am actually really contemplating starting CrossFit, but it's kind of expensive and I don't like the idea of having to workout based on someone else's schedule, I'm a college student and life gets busy.

I'm still at it, haven't lost any weight in awhile really, just been maintaining my weight right around 155 and continually seeing gains in the gym 5 days a week, so pretty happy.

The holidays seem to always mess everything up, but hopefully we can all suck it up and stick with it!
Crossfit is fun, but yes very expensive. But I think its worth it. The gains I have seen in a week are more than I have ever seen in a workout before. Our gym has all kinds of classes time so you can drop in any time you want during the day, or you can come in and do your own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Hard work and dedication pays off! Had our holiday party for work, and I was able to rock a dress I would never have had the courage to wear before! I'm on the right...

LOVE your dress! You look smoking! I love when working out gives you that confidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
It's that time of the year where we tend to beef up with all of the holiday foods and set diet aside for the next new year's weight lose resolution.

I have dropped 4 lbs in the last week nevertheless.
True.

And thats awesome! Congrats!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #2078
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Well this morning was the first day in a week that I woke up and realized I wasn't sore. That lasted till my 5am Crossfit was over. Though I'm not nearly as sore as I was last week. But time will only tell.

On a positive note - I did front squat 105lbs.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #2079
CFD

Glad your jaw is almost back to normal! I bet you can't wait for a steak!

A month ago that steak sounded great, right about now if I could eat a banana without breaking into pieces I would be happy.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #2080
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
A month ago that steak sounded great, right about now if I could eat a banana without breaking into pieces I would be happy.

I hate bananas but I hear ya!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #2081
CFD

I just heard something disturbing on the news. It was talking about the regulations Obama had put on school lunches. The reporter said that the regulations were to fight childhood obesity but have now been lifted,he used this as an example, the regulations would not alow a grilled chicken sandwich to be served with peanut butter on bread because the protein content was to high. What I would like to know is since when does higher protein meals cause obesity. The report showed the so called balanced meals under the regulation with grilled chicken covered in cheese, a small portion of corn and a good sized portion of mac and cheese. Someone please educate your president on nutrition.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #2082
CFD

That was on local news, here is CNN's report

In a battle over healthier school lunches that pitted the Obama administration against school children, chalk up a point for the kids.

Students have been complaining that some of their favorite foods were taken off the plate because of the Obama administration's efforts to make school lunches healthier.
High school students in Kansas made a video called "We Are Hungry," complete with feigned fainting that's been viewed more than a million times on YouTube.
Last week, the administration reversed some of the new school lunch rules, and the kids are happy again, says Dave Porter, superintendent of Wallace County, Kansas, schools.
"Even though we're a small town in rural western Kansas, Washington did hear us," he said. "Our concerns were listened to."
Under the original rules, which went into effect at the beginning of the school year, schools couldn't serve spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread because it includes too many grains. A grilled chicken sandwich with a side order of celery sticks and a bit of peanut butter for dipping was also forbidden because it made for too many servings of protein.
Now, garlic bread and peanut butter are back on the plate.
"These changes are wonderful. They give us back flexibility," said Sandra Ford, president of the national School Nutrition Association.
Some of the original changes just didn't make sense, Ford said. For example, she had to stop serving her own students peanut butter and jelly sandwiches some days because the bread put her over the federal government's grain limit.
"Children cried," said Ford, director of food and nutrition services at Manatee County, Fla., schools. "For some of them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are all they would eat."
  1. Previous Page<LI class=pageNum>Page 1 of 2
  2. Next Page
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #2083
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Just wondering if anyone else here has P90x2?....On my 3 round of P90x and i would like to do a hybrid with going to the gym and and start with something new. Anyone?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #2084
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Just wondering if anyone else here has P90x2?....On my 3 round of P90x and i would like to do a hybrid with going to the gym and and start with something new. Anyone?
There are a handful on here that do P90x although I am not one of them. Just curious as to why P90x, nothing against it, just curious
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #2085
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
There are a handful on here that do P90x although I am not one of them. Just curious as to why P90x, nothing against it, just curious
Well for me personally, i felt more comfortable working out in my own home and ive been more successful vs the year working out in the gym
Old 12-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #2086
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Well for me personally, i felt more comfortable working out in my own home and ive been more successful vs the year working out in the gym
I meant is it for weight loss, muscle building or general fitness/health?