Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #197
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
If that floats your boat and is worth the additional $10k - $15k then fine. But I want to point out, A LOT of people don't even consider modern day Camaros, Challengers, Chargers, or Mustangs muscle cars....no matter the package, many people consider them ALL pony cars. So that's a debate in an of itself.

I personally would say a V8 engine with the additional performance upgrades does put the car in the "muscle" category but again....at the end of the day....who really cares lol? A Camaro looks the f'ing SAME coming down the road in terms of the style of the body.

To me, again, it's just over kill non-sense.

No, it's not that. You can look at the sales of the V6 packages v.s. the V8 packages, you can also look a surveys/studies done from the general population. MOST people don't know a V6 from a V8. That's a fact. Now, maybe my 97% is too high, maybe it's 80%, the bottom line is that most people will have no clue what's in your engine nor even THINK to ask what's in your engine when you come down the street.

The only people that ask about engines are the outdated, holding on to "yester-year", good ol' boys stuck in a 1970's definition of what a "Camaro" should have under the hood. Or flat out, TROLLS.

Lol, dude I haven't redefined anything. You have pony cars and muscle cars. BAsed on standard textbook definitions, when you have performance upgrades and bigger engines (V8), you are in the muscle car category. Other than that, you are in the pony car category, and a pony car is just a highly styled car with a "sporty" image...another word for SPORTS car.

I, drive a sports car that turns heads coming down the road and that chicks like.

V8 guys, drive a muscle car that can tear up the track, with also the sporty car look as well that turns heads coming down the road and that chicks like.

But here's the kicker, if you are not drag racing or going to the track, then the additional performance upgrades and bigger engine are all OVERKILL because I'm getting the same compliments, turning of heads, and chicks that YOU GET but I paid $10k - $15k LESS, with lower gas costs and insurance costs
At this point it's starting to sound like you're arguing just to argue and you have no intention of hearing logic so this is going to be the last time I chime in on this subject.

I don't know what "text book" you're referring to but since you're so quick to adjust your "numbers" just further shows you have nothing to back up what you believe to be true in your head.

I'm not a clinical psychologist, nor psychotherapist but you seem to have some real image issues and I suggest you look into it. Most people that are truly happy, don't feel the need to vehemently convince others they are happy especially when nobody is challenging that.

One last time, you seem to be happy and content with your car. You seem convinced that everyone either loves your car, doesn't know what they are talking about or are just "old". Just be happy with your car and be done with it.

Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #198
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repooh View Post
Make Camaros great again....

P.S. I owned a v6 so I'm not hating on them.

So did I. That's why I know they're sub par
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #199
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Make Camaros great again....

P.S. I owned a v6 so I'm not hating on them.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:03 PM   #200
Repooh
Certified: Slow

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
So did I. That's why I know they're sub par
I'm not disagreeing.

2014 Ashen Grey Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Winter Vehicle- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Repooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #201
failshift
Banned

Why didn't I get a V8?

Quote:

It's not "downing" them. It's just a fact. It's an observation assessed after they stuffed a 3,000lb car power plant in a 4,000lb car.

There's nothing wrong with not being a fast car. Just the owners who buy them and think they're hot shit and give us all a bad name
Old 08-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #202
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
This forum doesn't have a "like button" so...
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #203
Repooh
Certified: Slow

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
It's not "downing" them. It's just a fact. It's an observation assessed after they stuffed a 3,000lb car power plant in a 4,000lb car.

There's nothing wrong with not being a fast car. Just the owners who buy them and think they're hot shit and give us all a bad name
I love the MPG argument...I never got insanely good MPG in my v6 and I drive modestly

2014 Ashen Grey Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
Winter Vehicle- 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
Repooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:11 PM   #204
failshift
Banned

Quote:
I love the MPG argument...I never got insanely good MPG in my v6 and I drive modestly

Before my cam I was getting 25-28mpg at 570rwhp

And in my Bolton 4th gen I used to get 32hwy
Old 08-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #205
BadSport340

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS, 1973 Dart Sport 340
There are three Camaros in the car club that I'm in and none of us hate on each others rides. One has an LS3, one is an LFX A6, and mine is an LFX M6. We've all got things we love about the other Camaros and we enjoy cruising together. Making new friends that are Camaro enthusiasts is a lot more enjoyable than bickering with fellow Camaro enthusiasts.

If somebody wants a V6 or a V8, that's their choice. I'd never put them down for buying what makes them happy.
BadSport340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #206
hdkeno

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSport340 View Post
There are three Camaros in the car club that I'm in and none of us hate on each others rides. One has an LS3, one is an LFX A6, and mine is an LFX M6. We've all got things we love about the other Camaros and we enjoy cruising together. Making new friends that are Camaro enthusiasts is a lot more enjoyable than bickering with fellow Camaro enthusiasts.

If somebody wants a V6 or a V8, that's their choice. I'd never put them down for buying what makes them happy.
Well put....
hdkeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #207
failshift
Banned

Saying you do/don't like a package/option/mod Isn't putting someone down. It's expressing an opinion.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #208
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post

Best regards,

Kayla L.
I have to get this made into a poster for my buddie's mancave. He hates most people he encounters. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #209
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
I digress Tenacity

Besides, you'll be on here in a few months trying to get a turbo on that thing to make it move like a V8 anyways and it will cost you nearly as much as if you just bought the V8. Just like you put a MRT on it to try and make it sound like a V8
I love the look of the Camaro, but when anyone buys a machine based only on looks, I gotta wonder how many times you check yourself out in the mirror each day and how many selfies you got piling up.

Oh, and when I decide to sell my SS, it will hold value more-so than the V6 and I'll recoup some of the extra $10K compared to if I had a V6. So we can argue all day on value. People seem to miss that. I was looking at the 4th gens a while back and the SS's were still demanding a pretty penny if in good shape, with low miles.

My bro has a V6. He likes it and he's vain. It's okay man. I'm sure you look cool in your car. You don't need a V8. Not everyone does. The 6 has lots of power, just not the low end grunt I like. It's personal preference as stated many times before.

Almost up to 20 pages !!!!

J

Last edited by Jasper; 08-02-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #210
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
For a daily driver, at WHAT POINT do you even use the additional horsepower?
Ignoring my track time where I do use it all . . . fairly frequently, if only for very brief periods of time. Most commonly this is a matter of squeezing toward WOT driving through and out of the last turn on an Interstate highway entrance ramp, or getting on it for a couple of gears when entering a secondary highway from a side road.

What I've also found out over the years (I'm 68) is that I tend to drive to about the same performance regardless of what I'm driving. There's a stretch of road that I commonly take, and with rare exception I'm hitting the same speed within one or at most two mph as I pass a certain signpost. Doesn't matter if I'm in the Mustang, or the wife's Subie, or the 15 year old Maxima. Or even the 160 HP Mazda 626 that we owned until recently. Needless to say, I'm using a lighter foot when I'm in either of the first two cars on that list than I am in the other two, but basically I'm driving to what feels right as I look out the windshield rather than to some fixed fraction of whatever the potential of the car I happen to be driving might be. If that makes any sense.

Quote:
All of these things you listed are subjective. I don't feel a damn thing wrong with the braking system lol. And the "sensations" I get are good enough for me.
"good enough" . . . about as I expected. Most people don't use their car's brakes hard enough often enough to appreciate the differences (which can be significant). Or pay much attention to the way a car responds to steering. Trust me, there is value in these subjectives, even though you'd be hard-pressed to put a $ value on them. Think in terms of confidence if you're out on a road course, and of a reduced tendency to be tentative or panicky on the street in sudden situations there.

Quote:
I'll take the $10k - $15k in purchase price and put it on APPRECIATING assets like stocks, bonds, or business equity, rather than going OVERKILL on a daily driver car.
I hope when you get to be my age that you don't look back on the automotive part of your life and regret that you hadn't bought a little more Camaro fun along the way instead of another 300 - 500 shares of GM stock (it closed at $29.93 this afternoon).

Norm