Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #197
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan at National Speed View Post
Thanks for the kind words, guys, we really appreciate it.

We'll have some street-testing videos coming shortly, the exterior modifications are being wrapped up this week, so I don't have many updates to offer as of right now.

A small update, but a cool one. Out of all the custom one-off parts on this car, would you believe these little buggers took the longest? Haha. They came out great, and will really tie up the car, so they were worth the wait.

The large "NZ1200" emblems are for the front fenders in place of the "Camaro" emblem, the "EB Edition" logo is for the driver-side trunk lid, and the smaller "NZ1200" emblem is for the passenger-side trunk lid...

My favorite one...

I agree on the favorite. Very well done!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #198
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm assuming the car will have several carbon fiber pieces correct?
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #199
Jordan
Think Fast.

Drives: 2010 National Speed NZ1200 Camaro
Only the front spoiler and rear valence, nice and subtle.

Crawford reinstalling/installing the body panels for the weekend of street testing and tuning...

Completed...

Taking off, 4psi at about half throttle, so snappy...

Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #200
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Only the front spoiler and rear valence, nice and subtle.

Crawford reinstalling/installing the body panels for the weekend of street testing and tuning...

Completed...

Taking off, 4psi at about half throttle, so snappy...

When full throttle video and a higher psi?
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #201
Jordan
Think Fast.

Soon.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #202
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
Came out really nice!
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #203
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
What tires are those?

Looks great! Wish I had the $$ for all that work! Top notch!!

Jason
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:19 AM   #204
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Please DO NOT take this the wrong way. I think that each and every man hour put on the engine is an hour that you cannot simply put a dollar amount on. However, with the high dollar going into this car, I am surprised not to see the following:

Carbon fiber doors $2000
Carbon fiber hood $1000
Carbon fiber trunk $500
Among other CF pieces to lower weight... Oh and...

Some amazingly 'clean' looking custom paint job! I was thinking maybe a black with a cherry looking pearl accent. Maybe a possible two tone.

This monster of a machine is mainly about sheer performance and anyone following this thread knows that NS has nailed it several times over. I was just thinking that you all were going to evoke several Ooh's and Ah's with an exterior that was second to none.

Maybe some interior accents would be a nice touch as well.

Okay, enough of my rambling. If you all are still doing what you do about 5-10 years from now, I will be sure to bring my SS down for some touch ups to say the least (when I can afford such things).

Keep up the amazing work!
Old 10-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #205
Jordan
Think Fast.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
What tires are those?
Nitto NT-05, 275/40R20 in the front, 315/35R20 in the rear. They're an excellent all-around performing tire, especially for a versatile vehicle like this (i.e. good straight-line traction, great handling, good wear and low operational noise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlozano7 View Post
Please DO NOT take this the wrong way. I think that each and every man hour put on the engine is an hour that you cannot simply put a dollar amount on. However, with the high dollar going into this car, I am surprised not to see the following:

Carbon fiber doors $2000
Carbon fiber hood $1000
Carbon fiber trunk $500
Among other CF pieces to lower weight... Oh and...

Some amazingly 'clean' looking custom paint job! I was thinking maybe a black with a cherry looking pearl accent. Maybe a possible two tone.

This monster of a machine is mainly about sheer performance and anyone following this thread knows that NS has nailed it several times over. I was just thinking that you all were going to evoke several Ooh's and Ah's with an exterior that was second to none.

Maybe some interior accents would be a nice touch as well.

Okay, enough of my rambling. If you all are still doing what you do about 5-10 years from now, I will be sure to bring my SS down for some touch ups to say the least (when I can afford such things).

Keep up the amazing work!
Haha, trust me, I feel where you're coming from.

However, my theory with any build (whether $1,500.00 or $150,000.00) is that the car must be purposed built for the end user. In Eric's case, he made it abundantly clear that the car needs to be subtle, as he is not a flashly individual (hence, why he wanted a Camaro in the first place, and not a Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Murcielago). Ultimately, the car should reflect your personality when you're building on this level. We wanted the car to be under the radar, almost to the point where a lesser informed individual would mistake it for an OEM optioned vehicle.

Personally, if I had an NZ1200 Camaro, I'd actually leave it 100% stock body with some lower key wheels and a little reduction in ride height. That's just my personality though, I can definitely appreciate nicely done aesthetics.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #206
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I like the look of the car the way it is. Kind of a sleeper and kept simple. The power is what counts in my opinion.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #207
JWild

Drives: 2010 black on black SS
at least black out the bow tie!
JWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #208
Jordan
Think Fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
I like the look of the car the way it is. Kind of a sleeper and kept simple. The power is what counts in my opinion.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWild View Post
at least black out the bow tie!
That is being done, the gold is far out of place.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #209
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
EVIL! Pure sexy EVIL!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #210
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Nitto NT-05, 275/40R20 in the front, 315/35R20 in the rear. They're an excellent all-around performing tire, especially for a versatile vehicle like this (i.e. good straight-line traction, great handling, good wear and low operational noise).

Haha, trust me, I feel where you're coming from.

However, my theory with any build (whether $1,500.00 or $150,000.00) is that the car must be purposed built for the end user. In Eric's case, he made it abundantly clear that the car needs to be subtle, as he is not a flashly individual (hence, why he wanted a Camaro in the first place, and not a Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Murcielago). Ultimately, the car should reflect your personality when you're building on this level. We wanted the car to be under the radar, almost to the point where a lesser informed individual would mistake it for an OEM optioned vehicle.

Personally, if I had an NZ1200 Camaro, I'd actually leave it 100% stock body with some lower key wheels and a little reduction in ride height. That's just my personality though, I can definitely appreciate nicely done aesthetics.
Okay but still. What about getting CF pieces for the weight reduction and painting them black so no one would know. Or maybe just leave a pinstripe in CF. It wouldn't be flashy at all but it would help the performance!