Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 09-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #197
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
I'm waiting for you to pass my 2800 miles. Shouldn't be long...lol.

I see there is a show this Sat. at Hooters on Ina.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 AM   #198
Missile Man

Drives: 2010 2SS/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I am at 2200 miles now, still running like a champ. I am taking it to the dealer on Wednesday for a drivers side mirror replacement, adjust the emergency brake (tighten it) and a radio update.
Is the radio update part of an ECU update? I still need to take my Camaro in for service but can't seem to part ways with her.....................

Mods:
* CAI Intake
* Magnuson MP2300 TVS Supercharger/RDS Spacer
* Vector Motorsports Tune
* Stainless Power LT/Hi Flow Cats/Tru X-* Pipe/36" J-Pipes/40 Series
* R1 Concepts ceramic pads and slotted/drilled rotors
Missile Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #199
Missile Man

My Camaro is breaking in.......................... got a little chirp off the line not totally getting on it. Had never done it prior.
I've decided to go with the ADM CAI, anyone have any thoughts about the ADM?

Mods:
* CAI Intake
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #200
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
Is the radio update part of an ECU update? I still need to take my Camaro in for service but can't seem to part ways with her.....................
No, the radio update is a just the software on the Radio unit, it suppost to take about 45 mins I guess, that's if the techs at O'Reilly know how to do it,
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #201
rez14usn

Drives: '13 Black 1SS/RS/1LE/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy and old View Post
I'm waiting for you to pass my 2800 miles. Shouldn't be long...lol.

I see there is a show this Sat. at Hooters on Ina.
3300 and some change.....

The Corsa sound is amazing -- WOT and no interior drone at cruising & highway speeds!!! Well worth the money IMHO!!!! The mats are in and looking good!!! Now she gets an exterior bath today! Now if I can just get my hands on the Vararam -- she will be done!

Finally just received my plates in the mail today -- now to turn around and order some vanity plates... tough decision...?!?!?!

Should be in town this weekend if anything is going on!??! Let me know!
rez14usn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #202
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez14usn View Post
3300 and some change.....

The Corsa sound is amazing -- WOT and no interior drone at cruising & highway speeds!!! Well worth the money IMHO!!!! The mats are in and looking good!!! Now she gets an exterior bath today! Now if I can just get my hands on the Vararam -- she will be done!

Finally just received my plates in the mail today -- now to turn around and order some vanity plates... tough decision...?!?!?!

Should be in town this weekend if anything is going on!??! Let me know!
Hey Scott. I'm still planning on going to the drag strip on Saturday evening at 5 pm if you're interested. I know that azburk will be there. The more the merrier.
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #203
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via AIM to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I was in my 2002 Lancer today, going home on I-10, and two cars in front of me a Rally Yellow 2010 Camaro. I thought if I went past him/her I could give them a Camaro five, then I thought, I'm in the @#$% Lancer :(. Any way's, O'Reilly ordered the wrong mirror, and told my wife they did the radio update....Fail, My radio still shows SW:CC, it should be SW:CD. So I guess a free oil change is in order, my wife was there for almost two hours for nothing, and the radio thing (maybe it was a misunderstanding)
Old 09-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #204
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Sorry to hear the radio thing didn't work out. Stay on them!

I saw a really nice CGM w/ sun roof and ground effects, plus a very nice looking female driving it today.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #205
Missile Man

Tune

Is anyone planning on getting a tune in the near future? Where are you planning on having the tune done? The AFM drone is getting annoying.

A friend who worked at a dealer said that many dealers would not turn service work away because of a tune on higher priced vehicles in order to keep the business. I don't know if this is true just relaying his statement. Of course if I'm going to disable AFM I might as well have some performance enhancements done....................

I'm about at the point where the thought of voiding the warranty for no AFM and performance gains isn't a big issue. I purchased the Camaro for my enjoyment and assume that my Camaro has no inherent defects........... or am I just trying to convince myself to tune

How much is a tune?

Mods:
* CAI Intake
Old 09-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #206
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I am interested in a tune also. I am still waiting on my CAI, I guess the beginning of next month.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #207
Missile Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I am interested in a tune also. I am still waiting on my CAI, I guess the beginning of next month.
Which CAI did you order?

Mods:
* CAI Intake
Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #208
FLYNNZL1
Account Suspended

I ordered the Airaid CAI
Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #209
rez14usn

Drives: '13 Black 1SS/RS/1LE/M6
I am headed to Phoenix for a going away party for one of my fellow Chief's. So no track for me. Sorry. What is the "radio update"...???

Bad day yesterday -- some screw found its way into the shoulder of my right rear tire. Took it in and of course it is NOT repairable at the tune of a $500 tire on a brand new vehicle! UGH! Anyway, none in stock so they have one coming from Reno. Should get her back today and be up and running! (I am getting the tire at "cost" though -- is it really a hook up???) LMAO!

Side-note -- I was going to do this when I first received her but I honestly think the excitement made me forget. Purchasing a tire warranty! Well worth it with these bad boy tires! I got off the phone w/Discount Tire and we are able to purchase a warranty for $268. Covers EVERYTHING except vandalism. They DO NOT pro-rate the tire based on tread wear. You will be given "full value" for the tire. IMHO, well worth the investment since low pros are prone to silly things like this screw! Would have saved me just under $250 if I would have done it from jump street!

Something to consider. To each their own, though! I wish everyone a Fabulous Friday and and a great weekend! Happy travels and be safe!
rez14usn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #210
azburk

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1 #7243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missile Man View Post
Is anyone planning on getting a tune in the near future? Where are you planning on having the tune done? The AFM drone is getting annoying.

A friend who worked at a dealer said that many dealers would not turn service work away because of a tune on higher priced vehicles in order to keep the business. I don't know if this is true just relaying his statement. Of course if I'm going to disable AFM I might as well have some performance enhancements done....................

I'm about at the point where the thought of voiding the warranty for no AFM and performance gains isn't a big issue. I purchased the Camaro for my enjoyment and assume that my Camaro has no inherent defects........... or am I just trying to convince myself to tune

How much is a tune?
Gary,

Please remove your Vin # from your Sig...We will talk after that.

take care!
azburk is offline   Reply With Quote