Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-02-2023, 07:26 AM   #211
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I plan to take it out later this evening for a ride, I am just waiting on Brake fluid to arrive today, stupid mistake and ran master dry . I believe I got all the air out but I want to bleed ABS and and a regular bleed once more. I used a crows foot which were fine on the front but started to slip on the rear. I was able to get a socket with a short extension on the rear ones.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:46 AM   #212
Joe.G

I have to wipe the locite off that ran under the bolt head but how do they look I believe they're sitting on the flats of the shaft. Also the metal line I think is for the NPP.
Attached Images

SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-02-2023, 07:48 AM   #213
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
I have to wipe the locite off that ran under the bolt head but how do they look I believe they're sitting on the flats of the shaft. Also the metal line I think is for the NPP.
Ahh. NPP makes sense. I dont have NPP so thats why I was thrown off with it.

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #214
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/Y5t803ECdn4?feature=share

Quick video of the new GulfCoast ZL1 shaft with new flanges that fit the ZL1 and SS
fyi… I was curious if the tri-shape flange was on their aluminum DS as well.

Here’s their reply
“ We build all the aluminum with SONNAX components (the round shape flange). We build the carbon fiber with the Composite Drivelines triangle shaped flange. The difference is the material. The triangle shape is 2024 aluminum making it a stronger flange for the upgraded folks who have big horsepower or prefer the safety of carbon fiber. The SONNAX flanges are 6061 aluminum (T6 grade) which is still very strong and capable of holding 1500+ horsepower as well.”
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:18 AM   #215
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
fyi… I was curious if the tri-shape flange was on their aluminum DS as well.

Here’s their reply
“ We build all the aluminum with SONNAX components (the round shape flange). We build the carbon fiber with the Composite Drivelines triangle shaped flange. The difference is the material. The triangle shape is 2024 aluminum making it a stronger flange for the upgraded folks who have big horsepower or prefer the safety of carbon fiber. The SONNAX flanges are 6061 aluminum (T6 grade) which is still very strong and capable of holding 1500+ horsepower as well.”
This is a great point to make, thanks camguy.

The reason I waited to buy from them was because their flanges were 12mm holes and stock was 14mm for the ZL1. They changed that for the carbon shaft only apparently. I think they're doing a dis-service on the aluminum if they are expecting ZL1 guys to mount an aluminum shaft using 12mm grade 8.8 (grade5) tap bolts where a 14mm grade 10.9 (grade 8) shouldered bolt should go.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 03:05 PM   #216
Joe.G

Well installed the shaft, Vibration at 80 and above, rotated both adapters two bolts holes ( can't do exact 180 unless you remove the u joints ) Vibration better at 80 but still there and bad at 100 MPH. I am kot happy about this. Gulf Coast aluminum.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-06-2023, 03:33 PM   #217
FasNuf

Quote:
Well installed the shaft, Vibration at 80 and above, rotated both adapters two bolts holes ( can't do exact 180 unless you remove the u joints ) Vibration better at 80 but still there and bad at 100 MPH. I am kot happy about this. Gulf Coast aluminum.
Did you ever separate the two halves by mistake after receiving the shaft?
Old 08-06-2023, 03:36 PM   #218
bstromback2002

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:

I’m having the same issue with my driveshaft from them. Mine starts up around 90 or so and I Might might be spinning a little faster than yours since I have 4.10 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bstromback2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 03:48 PM   #219
Joe.G

Fasnuf I didn't separate them nor did I know you could. 2002 have you tried any trouble shooting? I am going to call them tomorrow. I really am wishing I went with the CF now.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-06-2023, 03:50 PM   #220
bstromback2002

Quote:
Fasnuf I didn't separate them nor did I know you could. 2002 have you tried any trouble shooting? I am going to call them tomorrow. I really am wishing I went with the CF now.

No I haven’t tried anything. Kinda of just done with tearing my car apart this summer. I’ve only put 400 miles on it and I’ve had so much stuff going on this summer.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #221
FasNuf

Quote:
Taking a better look at the slip joint, you cant take it apart unless you remove the boot clamps.

Dont take it apart, I was just asking in case.

It was balanced as an assembly. You should've gotten a balance sheet like the one in my video, if not, thet may have used their older balancer. I dont know how long you've owned it before install.

CF are susceptible to vibration too, aluminum isnt the problem.

Youre right, call them and tell them what you did. Dont be surprised if they want you to rotate it once more or something weird like swap front to rear, none of which should matter if everything was balanced and your trans and diff yoke centerlines are within 1* of parallel.
Old 08-06-2023, 04:11 PM   #222
Joe.G

I ordered mine last October, I am a little annoyed as I have been pushing their product. Now I have not spoken to them about the issue yet so I am not bashing them, the shaft appears to be well made welds look great. Car was very smooth with old shaft well into the triple digits. I don't want to keep rotating it as I can't do it with out removing exhaust and Hotckis brace and what not.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 08-06-2023, 05:16 PM   #223
bstromback2002

Quote:
I ordered mine last October, I am a little annoyed as I have been pushing their product. Now I have not spoken to them about the issue yet so I am not bashing them, the shaft appears to be well made welds look great. Car was very smooth with old shaft well into the triple digits. I don't want to keep rotating it as I can't do it with out removing exhaust and Hotckis brace and what not.

I ordered mine shortly after you did and I didn’t get a balance sheet either. Same here on the speed too.

Old 08-06-2023, 05:21 PM   #224
Joe.G

I'll call tomorrow and see what they say I'll post back for sure.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,