Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #211
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US...M5_LE_Announce

Day One Edition and Limited Edition details.
Pretty lame LE edition. very disappointing for sure.
Oh well I'll get it anyway for the VIP pass.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #212
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #213
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I have to preorder this when I get off of work.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #214
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/23/f...ew-physics-en/
Old 08-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #215
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
No clutch pedal
No fun.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #216
Johnny@MTI

Drives: 99 ls1 miata
^ it is such a pain in the butt to get the clutch/paddle shift timing down. if i has a gear knob i might be able to do a clutch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Some new videos..

Forza 5 recording TMS Nascar Mustang.

: jaw:
Johnny@MTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #217
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65

V8 Supercars will be in Forza 5. And apparently Microsoft/Xbox One will be in V8 Supercars too.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #218
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

V8 Supercars will be in Forza 5. And apparently Microsoft/Xbox One will be in V8 Supercars too.
Very cool!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #219
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
After buying VIP or LE editions of the game up to this point, and then having Turn 10 issue versions for half the cost with ALL the cars at a later date, I will wait until the Greatest Hits version comes out before I buy, if I buy at all. I feel like I am done with console gaming at this point as nothing seems to excite me in gaming anymore.

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #220
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I was able to play a demo of Forza Motorsport 5 at the GameStop Game Expo 2013 in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Holy crap this game is awesome! Not to mention the new Xbox One controller feels great!

Rumble feedback on both triggers will take a while to get used to, but you can feel bumps or when you go off the track and when you brake too hard and ABS is enabled you can feel the ABS engage in the left trigger! Absolutely awesome!

...did I mention the graphics and car handling is phenomenal too!

I seriously can't wait until November 22nd.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #221
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
I was able to play a demo of Forza Motorsport 5 at the GameStop Game Expo 2013 in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Holy crap this game is awesome! Not to mention the new Xbox One controller feels great!

Rumble feedback on both triggers will take a while to get used to, but you can feel bumps or when you go off the track and when you brake too hard and ABS is enabled you can feel the ABS engage in the left trigger! Absolutely awesome!

You lucky dog. I'm glad you liked it. I preordered it and am also looking foward to Nov. 22nd. I really hope the online play is improved. I've owned all the other Forzas and haven't played one yet where the online play wasn't real choppy. It was just unplayable when you were racing someone and they disappeared and reappeared 5 seconds later.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #222
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post

Very cool!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #223
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I preordered the Forza 5 LE Day One from Amazon
Chive Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #224
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Forza Motorsport 5 is one of the workhorses One Xbox exclusive when it is released in November. His demanding simulation and photorealistic graphics can become one of the most exciting car titles in the history of video games. After testing it on the Gamescom 2013, we spoke at length with its head, Dan Greenwalt, who did not hesitate to throw the odd dig at Gran Turismo, the great rival of his saga.

Car racing will be one of the touchstones in the initial batch of titles from Xbox One in the grounds of the Gamescom 2013 , we had the chance to ride around Laguna Seca in Forza Motorsport 5 , as I we have a few days ago. Then we shared a few minutes with Dan Greenwalt , game director, who told us what the new building will Turn 10 Studios for the genre of speed, without losing the opportunity to throw a few errands errands to Gran Turismo.

P. How many cars will be included in the game?
R. Yet we will announce the number of cars and the number of circuits. We will have a campaign in the coming weeks to go posting them.

P. Still, when it comes to circuits, can you say whether street circuits will be very present? In the trailer that shewed at the launch of Xbox One, you could see a circuit set in the streets of Prague. Will there be more?
R. No, we are focusing mainly on real circuits worldwide.

P. What about drag racing? In the Gran Turismo, which is your main competitor, evidence like the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the 24 Hours of Nürburgring or the Indianapolis 500. Do you plan to include such tests?
R. We have long careers in the online section of the saga. The truth is that the statistics say that the number of people that the dispute is extremely small. I understand that is something that should be made publicly: "Oh, look, we have this," but the truth is, then, almost nobody uses. Therefore, we prefer to focus this section within the online, for those who want.

P. And will there be night races?
R. No, there will be no overnight tests, nor with weather effects. We focus on the simulation. It's funny because people call "simulation" to different things. Okay I am not saying that there is only one way to translate it, but for us, the simulation is defined to the extent that the physics are realistic. Others may define it by the number of options or items that can tune, and that's fine. However, we do with physical things that are only possible with the latest technology, and the approach we do to things like the wheels not only in terms of gameplay, but also science. We're doing things with tires that nobody has done before.

P. Was it very difficult to connect Forza Motorsport 5 engines with Xbox controller vibration sensation One to be realistic?
R. It was pretty easy to make adjustments, honestly, because our work with physical infinity is based on data provided: about how much are spinning the wheels, upon the rotation angle on the vibration ... It has not been that difficult, but together with people who play the game, not to ask how he was perceived, but that data is translated into more accurate driving. Players often say what they like and what not, and it's nice to have that feedback, but nothing is as important as the data. In fact, at first, we play without vibration and then activate it. The goal is that people can make use of the best possible control.

P. What can be expected of the flyers technology for racing games in the coming years?
R. It is something that depends on the hardware developers mainly. In the past, we had some agreements with companies to have official flyers, as in the case of Fanatech with the fourth installment, but for Forza Motorsport 5 , we have no agreement. I think it will have flyers Thrustmaster and Mad Catz. We have been using one of Thrustmaster to test the game and know that Force Feedback technology works well.

P. How will it work, exactly, this technology called "Drivatar" which will make the AI is 600% more powerful , and what will mean in terms playable?
R. Will mean enormous changes. It's a completely different approach to the section on artificial intelligence. In the technological sense, is a cloud-based system, capable of collecting millions of telemetry data of all races, to condense and establish patterns of human behavior applicable to CPU controlled opponents. It also has programmatic elements to not learn things like put a car going in the opposite direction. That is, we can control it. There will be no other game AI can do what it will do ours.

In addition, it will continue to evolve, as more people play. Right now, there are about 180 people working regularly on it. We have about 400 people in the study, but not all are always running, so "only" are a hundred or those concerned about it right now. However, imagine the case of five million people adding data. That will make the AI ​​is becoming more and more intelligent, on issues like cap space, making feints, overtaking address ... You will not see any other AI doing that. The errors also have a place, but they will do stupid mistakes, but things like going a little long in a curve or lightly touching the earth as a human would.

P. How many people can exist simultaneously in the same race in multiplayer?
R. It's another thing to be announced throughout the summer. I wish I could tell you ...

P. How many car manufacturers have been in contact to make the game?
R. We maintain relationships with over 80 manufacturers, with most ten years. In this installment, we had major agreements with Audi and McLaren, but there are many others, to issues of technology, including new models ... We make videos for some companies, such as Dodge. For Audi, work with your team competition, in order, for example, to obtain models for suspensions of the game. All that comes from having so many for so long agreements.

P. Gran Turismo has had great success with that formula called GT Academy, which makes users play professional pilots. Have you thought to go for something similar with Forza Motorsport?
R. It's funny, as to what is marketing and what is the real. In our case, there are professional pilots who train with our game, as Stéphane Sarrazin, who prepared in our study the Petit Le Mans, an endurance race which takes place at Road Atlanta, where he had not run before. Wine for two days and then did the "pole position". We could make a big marketing campaign and get a story there, but that's not what we want. What I mean is that we have already created great racing drivers, as a boy of fourteen who has gone several times in a row at Le Mans, an event which is organized with Forza, and has won several times, the last two in succession. Now, it's starting in karting and probably become a driver in Formula 3 and bubbling up. These simulators taught much people. The thing is if you want to use it for commercial purposes or not.

P. In your case, you're better driver now, after so many years working with the series?
R. Yes, absolutely. It's funny because I'm a better driver, but also worse. I love drifting in Forza and drive fast. Depending on the car you have and the circuit, I more or less of both. I spend a lot of time driving in the game. I am in constant contact with many pilots around the world and know how they are. I do not pretend to be a great driver, but sometimes, we do competitions with riders, some very good, as Stéphane Sarrazin, and, when I run against them ... They are horrible! [Laughs] Getting back to the "drifting", not long ago, I bought a BMW 3 and I have the back wheels more worn, not because they drive fast, but because I love the skids. Simply, I like cars!