Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #225
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Good find Gretchen I might have to look into that. However I can't help but think that going to a slightly less powerful pulley will be easier.
I agree. Since I'm up to my eyeballs with the new (happy SCRMING?) HPFP, new intake tube, etc..., it might be worth while for you guys to let Vince figure it all out on my car then you guys can be up and running faster.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #226
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I agree. Since I'm up to my eyeballs with the new (happy SCRMING?) HPFP, new intake tube, etc..., it might be worth while for you guys to let Vince figure it all out on my car then you guys can be up and running faster.
yes, much better... upgraded or aftermarket would also be acceptable... but new works.... I will sleep better tonight!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #227
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
yes, much better... upgraded or aftermarket would also be acceptable... but new works.... I will sleep better tonight!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #228
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
WELL now that I know Smoke's car is going back to Tracy AND I've talked to Tracy recently I'm going to hold off doing anything until Tracy and Vince figure out what they're going to do with Smoke's car. IF they get it running on a good tune with the hpfp then I might go that route. So many things are happening so fast, it's like the V6 FI group took off like a rocket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #229
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
You know.. I've reread this article and if this doesn't get figured out somewhat soon (Hopefully Smoke's car will be good once the tune is dialed in) then I'm going to probably do this. I'll at least be able to build boost faster with the OD pulley.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #230
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
You know.. I've reread this article and if this doesn't get figured out somewhat soon (Hopefully Smoke's car will be good once the tune is dialed in) then I'm going to probably do this. I'll at least be able to build boost faster with the OD pulley.
All you need to do is weld this on:

www.928m.com/parts/boostlimitervalve.php

McMaster also sells a similar valve for about $10 but you will have to install multiple valves since they don't sell valves with an opening as large as 928's valve. Once the OD tune gets worked out, you can just dail up the boost like a turbo system!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #231
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
All you need to do is weld this on:

www.928m.com/parts/boostlimitervalve.php

McMaster also sells a similar valve for about $10 but you will have to install multiple valves since they don't sell valves with an opening as large as 928's valve. Once the OD tune gets worked out, you can just dail up the boost like a turbo system!
Great find, thanks! This is super simple, I'm looking into it now.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #232
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Great find, thanks! This is super simple, I'm looking into it now.
I believe this will be going into my build.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #233
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I believe this will be going into my build.
I've been doing some digging on this type of set up as a boost regulator. Ultimately it seems like it works pretty well, you just need to make sure you have it installed before the MAF sensor. So I'm thinking it wouldn't even be able to go on the MAF tube, probably the tube directly below the MAF tube.

The one main down side of doing this for my situation is the super charger will be working to make the same amount of boost (9-10 psi in my case) however it is counter intuitive to make your engine and super charger work harder to make more boost only to bleed it off and waste it.

The plus side about doing this method over simply switching out a pulley is that you build boost faster, and you can regulate the boost levels like a turbo.

Here's some pretty good info over on the Corvette forums: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-f...st-levels.html
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #234
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

***UPDATE***

WELL, guess I'm not supposed to have this FI set up. My MAF went out AGAIN. Luckily this happened a quarter mile from where I live. I am nearly certain it has nothing to do with the super charger itself, since I am not on the stock pulley and making half the boost I used to. I'm pretty sure it is the Rx Chiller I have.

When my MAF went out the first time on my way back from Florida I pulled the MAF out and it had a fair amount of condensation on it, which didn't surprise me since I was in a humid climate AND the chiller was cooling the air to 59-62 degrees. Well, same thing happened, I pulled my MAF sensor out and sure enough it was covered in condensation.

This is linked to my AC, so if I want to use my AC in my car the chiller HAS to be on. So sucks, because in my area it still in the high 90's to 100 degrees and will be hot for a couple more months. I have no idea what I'm going to do as I can't be shelling out $75+ a month for a new MAF, and to make matters worse no dealership in the greater Houston area stocks these so they have to order it from their warehouse that isn't open on the weekends. Which means I am probably going to miss part of a day of work

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 08-18-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #235
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

MORE Bad news!

Well the shop that did the pulley swap (Advanced Racing Dynamics in Katy Texas) must not have tightened the bolt that connects the tensioner to the super charger unit, because on my way home from work I heard the loud clank of the bolt coming out and doing God knows what inside the engine bay. So now the belt is just slipping because there is NO tension on the super charger belt.

It's always something with my car! UGH.

Anyone with the Rx System know the bolt size that goes from the tensioner to the super charger unit??

*EDIT*

Tracy just PM'ed me that it is SAE 3/8" coarse thread. But if anyone knows the length that would be great. I think it is around 2" or so.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 09-04-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #236
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
MORE Bad news!

Well the shop that did the pulley swap (Advanced Racing Dynamics in Katy Texas) must not have tightened the bolt that connects the tensioner to the super charger unit, because on my way home from work I heard the loud clank of the bolt coming out and doing God knows what inside the engine bay. So now the belt is just slipping because there is NO tension on the super charger belt.

Anyone with the Rx System know the bolt size that goes from the tensioner to the super charger unit??

*EDIT*

Tracy just PM'ed me that it is SAE 3/8" coarse thread. But if anyone knows the length that would be great. I think it is around 2" or so.
Good thing you are running the RX SC with the unique pulley design. Or else you could of been on the side of the road.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #237
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Good thing you are running the RX SC with the unique pulley design. Or else you could of been on the side of the road.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #238
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Quote:
MORE Bad news!

*EDIT*

Sorry to hear about the bolt. Things will get sorted out and stabilized - they always do.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote