Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #225
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post
Thank you so much!
Nope, no blue. Having people guess is pretty fun though haha!
I'm gonna say white
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #226
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Staying with the 6" lift... Going bigger? 37's ??? Like you said so much space, your options are endless!
Going a lot bigger haha! I debated back and forth for awhile and finally said screw it; Go Big or Go Home! Since I'm doing an airbag suspension the height of the truck can vary, the airbags have about 9" of travel. But at ride height it will have about 15" of lift and can go up to about 19" of lift. Decided on 46" Mickey Thompson tires. This truck is going to be a monster.. Haha!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #227
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Quote:
Going a lot bigger haha! I debated back and forth for awhile and finally said screw it; Go Big or Go Home! Since I'm doing an airbag suspension the height of the truck can vary, the airbags have about 9" of travel. But at ride height it will have about 15" of lift and can go up to about 19" of lift. Decided on 46" Mickey Thompson tires. This truck is going to be a monster.. Haha!
Damn!! I'll have to follow this one, when's your estimated complete date ?
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #228
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Damn!! I'll have to follow this one, when's your estimated complete date ?
We have our fingers crossed for December. I'm graduating college in Dec and planning to have the truck completed as a graduation present
Old 03-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #229
Go big or Go home

Well my "little" emblem project turned into an all day process. I never realized how long it would take to prep everything! And of course I had to keep the red "RS" insert… what a nightmare that was to tape off haha! Has anyone else painted the chrome and kept the RS or SS insert red? Is there an easier way to do it?

But finally the paint is on...

and the color I picked is…..

SILVER!

The fender looks so empty! Haha!

I'm letting the paint dry over night and will put everything back on tomorrow. I'm also changing the "black out" panel on my trunk lid tomorrow and changing my racing numbers, so everyone will have to check back tomorrow for those pictures as well

Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #230
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Always love seeing you add things. And I know how hard taping things is (my radio...) but looks like you did a great job as always!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #231
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Always love seeing you add things. And I know how hard taping things is (my radio...) but looks like you did a great job as always!
Thank you so much!
I almost gave up while trying to tape off that RS haha! I had two different size pin striping and was using a thumb tack to press it into the corners… terrible haha! It turned out okay though, I'm a little too much of a perfectionist sometimes though and there are a couple little spots that bother me but I bet 98% of people who look at it won't notice haha!
I've actually been meaning to ask you about your radio; when you painted it, how did you keep the white labels on everything?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #232
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Thank you so much!
I almost gave up while trying to tape off that RS haha! I had two different size pin striping and was using a thumb tack to press it into the corners… terrible haha! It turned out okay though, I'm a little too much of a perfectionist sometimes though and there are a couple little spots that bother me but I bet 98% of people who look at it won't notice haha!
I've actually been meaning to ask you about your radio; when you painted it, how did you keep the white labels on everything?
I'm the same way, people don't notice the flaws on my stuff til I point them out and then they cant find them again. But it was almost perfect for me, you'll love it though.

That was the challenge, I sent a stock face to a friend and she printed stickers that matched the oem labels. The I painted the face and then put the new white one off stickers on it to complete the look
Old 03-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #233
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
I'm the same way, people don't notice the flaws on my stuff til I point them out and then they cant find them again. But it was almost perfect for me, you'll love it though.

That was the challenge, I sent a stock face to a friend and she printed stickers that matched the oem labels. The I painted the face and then put the new white one off stickers on it to complete the look
Good point! Guess I just have to stop looking at it haha!

Oh damn… how difficult were those to put on?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #234
Go big or Go home

Well my little project has officially turned into a three day event… I couldn't finish it all today due to my extreme pickiness haha! I had to do some touch up paint on the rear bumper where the taillights rubbed so needed to wait for that to dry. But on the bright side, I got the "Camaro" fender emblems on, my new racing numbers, and I changed my "black out" panel to a silver panel. Really happy with how everything came out so far
Here are some pictures of what I got done today…

The trunk lid after taking off the black...

I had to laugh after removing the black vinyl because the expanding foam we filled the trunk lid with (for sound deadening) was visible in the bowtie holes…

New silver vinyl. Waiting for the glue on the bowtie to dry before I can put that on.

Fender letters!

New racing numbers… added a silver shadow.

I'll have pictures of the taillight bezels and bowtie on tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #235
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Looks Great!! I love what you did with the numbers in particular....I might have to think about putting some numbers on mine as I've lost count of the amount of times the Tech Guy has written huge numbers right in my field of view!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #236
HP_Therapy
Horsepower Therapy

Drives: 2014 2SS, RS, 1LE, Heartbeat Blower
Great looking ride!

Like us on Facebook and Instagram - Horsepower Therapy...... www.horsepowertherapy.org
HP_Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #237
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Looks Great!! I love what you did with the numbers in particular....I might have to think about putting some numbers on mine as I've lost count of the amount of times the Tech Guy has written huge numbers right in my field of view!
Thank you!
Right, never fails with the tech guy! I always hated having to get the numbers off the windshield too. Seems like if you waited a day too long you'd end up with pieces of the window chalk all over the black plastic where the water drains off the windshield. The sticker numbers are definitely worth it haha!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #238
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trex_47e View Post
Great looking ride!
I really appreciate that, thank you!