Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #2409
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
So much win!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Holy crud that's gorgeous!!! Nathan you guys need to get a photographer out there with a good camera to take pictures before you go any further; these are literally once-in-a-lifetime moments of a legendary build in-progress. You really need to document all this because I'm pretty sure you're going to need it for either a magazine and/or a book. Do it now while all these areas are easily accessed and visible.

Maybe even contact one of the performance magazines to see if they'd be interested in an "exclusive" story in exchange for one of their photographers to follow your progress to the finish line.

What you guys are doing is really that good.
Wow Doc, Justin and I really appreciate all your kind words. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
OMG awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
oh my god. I actually said that out loud when I saw these pictures. This is stunning, and just so unique and wow.

Also, I agree on the pro photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
You guys need to put out a large format coffee table book. We'd buy a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Dang Nathan, it's starting to look like a car again. Not very sporting of you though since you'll win every car show you take it to.

Since mine will look stock I think I should start a new thread: Project cleaning the basement
I'll post a new pic every time a box disappears. Just need my wheels now, 1.5 months to go.
Synner, I think I see the Flex-a-Lite some where in there, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
This!

And put me down for one of those oversized coffee table books
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
It really will be a shame to add the body parts.
Quote:
Im thinking of how the wheel liners will look.

I think you should get carbon fiber wheel well liners. You could even paint the wheel/tire side flat black so the CF is only seen from the engine bay side.

Its ridiculous by normal standards but not for this build haha.
LOL, don't think we didn't think about that. Not sure we want to commit that far into the current look as we might end up changing everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
+1, this is going to look absolutely amazing when it is done! There may not be enough words to describe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
I really couldn't agree more or said it better myself.

Truly unbelievable the extent of this build...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 264HSV View Post
The saddest part of this build is that when Nathan gets it back together again......he'll decide to pull it all apart again and polish it up some more.
But seriously......someone should give this guy a job doing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
This thread has been better than the HBO show.. The Wire..
I can see it now......."American Camaro" two brothers without all the cussing, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post
Congratulations MoBros that car is looking sex!

Now seal the garage to prevent dust haha

dibs on the plastic engine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
Damn that looks amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Outstanding, just outstanding!
Thanks guys for all the prop, we can take all the credit as we've had a tremendous amount of help from the guys on this forum.

Quote:
Did y'all already plan the wiring harness routing situation? I'm sure thatll be a task to keep it all as hidden as possible
We are looking at doing some Mil spec connectors.

Quote:
They could go the wireless route....
Hmmmm

Quote:
Nathan, any chance you remember the exact specs for these 90 degree heat shrink boots for the injector connections? There are that many choices I'm sure to mess up even with verniers.
cheers in advance.
Sorry for the delayed response. The boots came from Brown and Miller Racing. We bought 9 of them at $10.50 each. Part # 222A111-25-0. For the connectors we were using, they weren't the exact size we needed, so we sent them back to B&MR along with one of our pig tails to have them recommend the rightsize. Well........ they never received the package . So we where out of the $100 plus the pig tail and would need to spend another $100 for another set . At which point, we started looking at other aftermarket intakes manifolds, so we kinda put the harness thing on hold till we knew what direction we were going to head in. We are now at a point were we are revisiting the harness idea. Current plans are to do a removable harness with a mil spec connector. Stay tuned to see what direction we go in.

In the meantime, I would suggest to only get a sample boot to make sure thats what you want before spending $100.

Hope that helps.

When we finally get to do this, I guess we will figure it was all worth it, LOL

Last edited by Moreno1; 11-06-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #2410
264HSV

Drives: 2009 HSV WM Grange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post

Sorry for the delayed response. The boots came from Brown and Miller Racing. We bought 9 of them at $10.50 each. Part # 222A111-25-0. For the connectors we were using, they weren't the exact size we needed, so we sent them back to B&MR along with one of our pig tails to have them recommend the rightsize. Well........ they never received the package . So we where out of the $100 plus the pig tail and would need to spend another $100 for another set . At which point, we started looking at other aftermarket intakes manifolds, so we kinda put the harness thing on hold till we knew what direction we were going to head in. We are now at a point were we are revisiting the harness idea. Current plans are to do a removable harness with a mil spec connector. Stay tuned to see what direction we go in.

In the meantime, I would suggest to only get a sample boot to make sure thats what you want before spending $100.

Hope that helps.

When we finally get to do this, I guess we will figure it was all worth it, LOL
Huge help thanks Nathan, and if you had issues with a seemingly straightforward part then, well, I'd go broke trying to get it right.
How did the car go at Sema? Any news on the second dual plenum intake yet?
Cheers and love your work you crazy bugger.
264HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #2411
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Huge help thanks Nathan, and if you had issues with a seemingly straightforward part then, well, I'd go broke trying to get it right.
How did the car go at Sema? Any news on the second dual plenum intake yet?
Cheers and love your work you crazy bugger.
Don't mention SEMA - it's a sore topic
Old 11-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #2412
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
I wasnt gonna say anything.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #2413
264HSV

Old 11-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #2414
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Haha, and theres a couple threads floating around about the NRE intake.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #2415
264HSV

Quote:
Yeah, I've been following the Nelson threads. I was under the impression there were to be 2 twin plenum single TB manifolds being released....anyone got news on the "other" one?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #2416
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
when do we get to see final pictures???

Quote:
Hey guys, here are a couple of pics after Justin and I did a mock-up with the plastic engine.

Attachment 570590

Attachment 570591

The radiator appears to be floating from inside the engine bay. You can't see any brackets holding it up. The shroud in the pic is a mock-up. The one we are using was custom made by Derale. We will post pics when we get it from powder coating.

Attachment 570592

Old 11-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #2417
Moreno1

Quote:
Quote:
I wasn't gonna say anything.
Quote:
Quote:
LOL......... Yeah, let's talk about the weather .

Quote:
Yeah, I've been following the Nelson threads. I was under the impression there were to be 2 twin plenum single TB manifolds being released....anyone got news on the "other" one?
The composite intake was ship from the company that did the rapid prototype to the company that's producing them on Thursday. They should have it in a few days. Once they get it, we will have the first pictures sent to us. we'll see if it's OK to post them. There's some patent situations that need to be done, so I'm not sure. They will be doing a bunch of testing before sending it to us on loan till the production pieces starts rolling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE CRUSSH View Post
when do we get to see final pictures???
After the SEMA debacle we took a break and just started working on the car yesterday. We are working on electrical and redoing all the wiring. The car is going back next week to HM Racing Design who did our 4 point and get a complete cage done.

Then it will go back to paint to get the cage done and a few more things.

We are also looking to get a rear cradle done by Extreme Fab.

Need to finish the ABS relocation and make hard line, redo the fuel lines, install and plum all the coolers (oil, PS, Trans and diff)... Other than that, the few unexpected delays. We are hoping to have the car running and are able to attend the first OPTIMA qualifier event scheduled in March.

Here is a picture under the dash with out the heater core, air ducting and radio. You can see how much space we have because of all the crap we took out. We will be mounting the fuse box and the PCM to the sub structure and running all the wires from there.

Name:  under dash.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  76.2 KB

Lets see how everything goes. We will keep you guys posted.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #2418
ORANGE CRUSSH
ORANGE CRUSSH

Drives: 2SS 1LE
thanks
Old 11-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #2419
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE CRUSSH View Post
thanks
You got it. Happy Thanksgiving to our extended Camaro5 Family! We had the filler panel replicated in carbon and it barely weighs anything. Unfortunately we sacrificed the stock piece to make the mold and can't do a weight comparison. Does anybody have a piece they can weigh and let us know?

For all who have asked, we are still figuring out pricing on all the carbon pieces on G5.R. Should have a handle on it all over the next four weeks at which point we will become forum sponsors to make them available to everybody.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #2420
LC
ou mai gad

Drives: SW 2SS x2
Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #2421
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Unfortunately we sacrificed the stock piece to make the mold and can't do a weight comparison. Does anybody have a piece they can weigh and let us know?
2.56 lbs
Attached Images

#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #2422
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
2.56 lbs
Thanks Pilot! 15.2 oz

Every bit helps! We have plans to reduce about another 100 to 150 lbs off the car over the next two months. Stay Tuned.