Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #239
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348975

proof this can works!!!
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #240
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYMARO View Post
Thank you for your order and the post. Glad that you are seeing good results and happy with the catch can. Feels good to know that all that is not going into you intake and building up, doesn't it?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #241
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
The "Catch Can" Explained!

Catch Can installed at 16,500 miles +-
Still summoning up the courage to SeaFoam the engine to purge any oily poo.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286229
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #242
Firebird2xc

Drives: car
Proof this can works- I asked my service tech to drain the can into an empty oil quart container at my first oil change after I installed my Rx Catch Can.

About an ounce of fluid got drained off, at least. This can totally works and WORKS WELL.
Firebird2xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 PM   #243
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Catch Can installed at 16,500 miles +-
Still summoning up the courage to SeaFoam the engine to purge any oily poo.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird2xc View Post
Proof this can works- I asked my service tech to drain the can into an empty oil quart container at my first oil change after I installed my Rx Catch Can.

About an ounce of fluid got drained off, at least. This can totally works and WORKS WELL.
Otherwise all of that would have coated your intake manifold and valves. Not a very nice thought.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #244
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit

The increased handling performance of the 2013 Camaro with the 1LE performance package can generate some off-road or track conditions where engine oil can be ingested into the air cleaner through the fresh air tube that connects the port within the right valve cover to the air cleaner. The Chevrolet Performance Positive Crankcase Vent (PCV) oil separator kit can improve this condition. It’s a standard part of the 1LE performance package.
The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit (part number 12653073) is included with other packaged components in the vehicle. It should not be installed during PDI at the dealership. The kit and instructions should be kept in the car. Owners are responsible for installing the oil separator in the car for track use.

The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit is designed for off-road or track use only. The production PCV system should be installed back on the vehicle when driving on public roads.

The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit is not designed for winter driving conditions (ambient temperature should be above 32° F)
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #245
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit

The increased handling performance of the 2013 Camaro with the 1LE performance package can generate some off-road or track conditions where engine oil can be ingested into the air cleaner through the fresh air tube that connects the port within the right valve cover to the air cleaner. The Chevrolet Performance Positive Crankcase Vent (PCV) oil separator kit can improve this condition. It’s a standard part of the 1LE performance package.
The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit (part number 12653073) is included with other packaged components in the vehicle. It should not be installed during PDI at the dealership. The kit and instructions should be kept in the car. Owners are responsible for installing the oil separator in the car for track use.

The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit is designed for off-road or track use only. The production PCV system should be installed back on the vehicle when driving on public roads.

The Camaro 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit is not designed for winter driving conditions (ambient temperature should be above 32° F)
And your point is?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #246
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
And your point is?
Use this instead of catch can. Cheaper, easier to install and does the same thing.

Win, win, win.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #247
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Use this instead of catch can. Cheaper, easier to install and does the same thing.

Win, win, win.
That is incorrect. The optimal solution would be to run the 1LE Separator and a catch can. There are two sides to the PCV system; the clean side and dirty side. As the names suggest the clean side is only responsible for 3-5% of oil blow-by and the rest is all on the dirty side. The 1LE Separator installs on the clean side. Catch cans install on the dirty side.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #248
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:

Win, win, win.
No, no, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
That is incorrect. The optimal solution would be to run the 1LE Separator and a catch can. There are two sides to the PCV system; the clean side and dirty side. As the names suggest the clean side is only responsible for 3-5% of oil blow-by and the rest is all on the dirty side. The 1LE Separator installs on the clean side. Catch cans install on the dirty side.
^^^^^ This.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #249
ZL1-PA

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Apex order placed
ZL1-PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #250
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-PA View Post
Apex order placed
Thank you for your order.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #251
Apex Motorsports

Here are a couple pictures of the new LLT/LFX application.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #252
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Nice Industrial Design :-)
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex catch can, apex motorsports, catch can, elite engineering catch can, rx catch can