Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #239
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
[QUOTE=ninsecgt;7121092]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
What's done is done. It's in the past. Getting mad and throwing blame around does no good. Fix it and look forward to more success.

jamie i see they keep saying you used the wrong plugs. which plugs did you use and which plugs should you have used? i ask because i know someone using nitrous to make more power in his zl1 and i dont want him to make the same mistake. thanks
It's been eating the ZR1 plugs ever since the nitrous.

Needs a non projected tip colder plug.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #240
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Jamie - Sorry to hear about this. I have not been on in awhile. We should swap stories some time.

Good luck with the rebuild and C7. Matt will take good care of you.

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #241
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
Jamie - Sorry to hear about this. I have not been on in awhile. We should swap stories some time.

Good luck with the rebuild and C7. Matt will take good care of you.
Uh Oh. Did something happen to your engine?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #242
Rockit_z28
www.1baddogracing.com

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
Uh Oh. Did something happen to your engine?
No

Built and Tuned by Heintz Racing
Go: DSS 9", RPM Trans TH400, Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion, ECS Vortech YSI-B, Fore Fuel System, ID1700, Gall Racing 427 C.I LSX, Mast 285CC Heads, HR Custom Cam

Show: Custom Painted Stripes/Badges (Orange Pearl over White), Z/TA Spoiler, VFN Hood, Weld Wheels
http://www.HeintzRacing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/1baddogracing

Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #243
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 View Post
No
Good!!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #244
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Good!!
I'll swap stories, or lies, whatever...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #245
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll swap stories, or lies, whatever...
Anything but bodily fluids Im ok with.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #246
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Had it 2 days then Nick from ARH high jacked it to prototype headers and exhaust systems.

It goes from him to Slowhawk Performance to get tuned up. Can't wait. Forget we had it.

That is a sweet car. awesome.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #247
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewylew View Post
Jamie, just saw the thread. Sorry to here of all your recent issues. I feel your pain. Trans is out of car again. New converter on its way then new trans going in. Hope this one last over a year. Also, sorry to hear about your break up with JRE.

Jamie I heard breakup sex is really good. You going to give it a try.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #248
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

I've been informed by Ted that he is pushing to have this thread deleted.

All I've done is told the truth. I've lost 4 motors in four years. I've never once bad mouthed JRE or Ted. I still think the world of them and just felt it was time for a change.
I push my stuff hard. It's going to break at some point. I've accepted that as part or drag racing.

Please be honest and let me know if i have crossed the line.

Thank you
Old 10-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #249
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

And let it be know that Ted has reached out to fix the car at no cost to me. I don't want anyone to think that he's slammed the door in my face. He hasn't.

Even at the risk of spending more money I just wanted a change.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #250
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
I've been informed by Ted that he is pushing to have this thread deleted.

All I've done is told the truth. I've lost 4 motors in four years. I've never once bad mouthed JRE or Ted. I still think the world of them and just felt it was time for a change.
I push my stuff hard. It's going to break at some point. I've accepted that as part or drag racing.

Please be honest and let me know if i have crossed the line.

Thank you
Not at all. You simply stated the fact that the motor went boom again because of the wrong plugs....again. You never mentioned anything about JRE until someone asked you about it. Even then you were very courteous about saying it was just time to move on and "explore new options"

On top of that, you had a moderator throw a comment in here that was supporting you and nothing about bashing any company. Simple as that. There are no grounds to close this thread. This isn't even a vendor review.

There's no doubt Ted is good at what he does. No one is arguing that fact especially since he is owning up to fix the problem. You just decided it was time for a change of plans. That's all.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #251
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Not at all. You simply stated the fact that the motor went boom again because of the wrong plugs....again. You never mentioned anything about JRE until someone asked you about it. Even then you were very courteous about saying it was just time to move on and "explore new options"

On top of that, you had a moderator throw a comment in here that was supporting you and nothing about bashing any company. Simple as that. There are no grounds to close this thread. This isn't even a vendor review.
Thanks Chris. I didn't think I crossed the line. If other consumers read stuff on the Internet and make their decisions than that is their choice.

This is about my car. A car that we have all followed since day one. Nothing more nothing less.

Not a vendor review by any means.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #252
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
I think the exchange in this thread has shown both you and Ted to be adult, professional and honest.

This thread has been mild compared to the flame-fests you read elsewhere on the 'Net. That is a credit to the members of Camaro5 and the mods.

The thread is useful because 1) it keeps vendors thinking about customer service, and 2) it instructs us average Joes on the questions to ask and things to watch out for.

Keep pushing Jamie! You're an inspiration and some of us are right behind you breaking sh*t too!

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919

Closed Thread