Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #239
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
NEW! Hellion "Top mount" SS dyno vid-726 RWHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenSS1 View Post
I will just leave this here said he made 790hp on 10lbs thru a auto.
How accurate is that? Seems high to me unless he talking about to the flywheel.
I really like he hellion system!!!

https://youtu.be/0qEq2p6fffg[PHP][/PHP]

Yea that seems high to me also, I'm close to 13 pounds and right around 800 I've done some more tuning and added a second meth nozzle since its last been on the dyno. He can make that power easy all he needs to do it turn up the boost and provide enough fuel. But remember autos will show less power on a dyno than a stick. Personally I would not run that kind of power through a stock auto trans. It's possible he has other mods that your not telling us or he's not telling you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 09-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #240
Hessterdick

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Man i love this kit i think im going to drop the ball and just do it new guy from Indiana.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #241
RR
Nie

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Yes so do I. Mine is shipping soon. Only thing im worried about is the ECU placement and fuse box location. But my installer told me it wouldnt be a problem.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:36 AM   #242
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Yes so do I. Mine is shipping soon. Only thing im worried about is the ECU placement and fuse box location. But my installer told me it wouldnt be a problem.
My hindsight will be a huge help to you!!!

Bite the bullet and relocate the fuse box and wiring under the glove box on the passenger side. Somewhere in the interior will save you some huge headache and gain you much better clearance.

Take it from me, this has been the biggest pain for those of us that have the kit installed.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #243
RR
Nie

Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
My hindsight will be a huge help to you!!!

Bite the bullet and relocate the fuse box and wiring under the glove box on the passenger side. Somewhere in the interior will save you some huge headache and gain you much better clearance.

Take it from me, this has been the biggest pain for those of us that have the kit installed.
Thanks I will definetly run this by my installer and see what he thinks. What did you do with the ECU?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #244
RR
Nie

Picture of the turbos i received today.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #245
'14-ELLIE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Thanks I will definetly run this by my installer and see what he thinks. What did you do with the ECU?
ECU I wouldn't be too concerned about. It's that darn fuse box. If I could go back, it would be a no brainier for me. Of course, mine was one of the first kits, so with very little in the sense of feedback, I can't fault myself. The best I can do is share my experience with the hope I can help others.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. That goes for all considering this kit! It's a blast!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #246
RR
Nie

Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
ECU I wouldn't be too concerned about. It's that darn fuse box. If I could go back, it would be a no brainier for me. Of course, mine was one of the first kits, so with very little in the sense of feedback, I can't fault myself. The best I can do is share my experience with the hope I can help others.

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. That goes for all considering this kit! It's a blast!
Thanks again. Im pumped to get this all together and see what I put down safely.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #247
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I relocated mine. I have a 2010 and no there was no way I could fit it with the filter on. My shop in Anaheim relocated it to the bumper. Looks super clean too!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #248
RR
Nie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_TINHO View Post
I relocated mine. I have a 2010 and no there was no way I could fit it with the filter on. My shop in Anaheim relocated it to the bumper. Looks super clean too!
Where on the bumper did they relocate it? I have a 2010 as well.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #249
SS_TINHO

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Finalizing race seats and cage install.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #250
BlueCamaro91

Drives: 2010 camaro ss A6
great numbers its look good

but what about the fitment its i wonder how you will change the spark plugs

and on this price does it include the relocation for fuse box ?? and where it will be ?
Bolt ons
Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #251
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Where on the bumper did they relocate it? I have a 2010 as well.
Mine is also a '10 and my fuse box is in the location Hellion suggests. Im not sure why TINHO had the issue he did but it isnt an isuue with 2010 cars. That being said if moving the fuse box is an option for you I would do it. I absolutely hate how it is mounted and located.

Also TINHO how did your shop relocate it? I know you had to extend the harness but Im not really sure how you would even go about that without it being a huge pain.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 AM   #252
HELLION TURBO

Drives: Twin Turbo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
Mine is also a '10 and my fuse box is in the location Hellion suggests. Im not sure why TINHO had the issue he did but it isnt an isuue with 2010 cars. That being said if moving the fuse box is an option for you I would do it. I absolutely hate how it is mounted and located.

Also TINHO how did your shop relocate it? I know you had to extend the harness but Im not really sure how you would even go about that without it being a huge pain.
Hello.

We have had customers relocate the fuse box to the trunk. As a manufacturer, it is our policy to keep all electrical modifications to a minimum. This is why the fuse box is near the factory location. That being said, the box can be moved if done correctly and all connections are made. That modification is up to the consumer. We have a multitude of systems on the road with the box in our specified location with no issues, so it comes down to preference.

If anyone has any questions please contact us at tech@hellionpowersystems.com or 505-873-4670.

Team Hellion

Closed Thread