Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #239
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
gen5= camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Not sure about most items on his website, but Gen5DIY does make wiring harness and harness adapters he sells. He's custom made harnesses for myself and others.
yes,,thats why his forum name is gen5,,,fifth gen camaro..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #240
kain929

Drives: 2012 2SS, Silver, Borla S Type, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Kain, OFER is the name of the man who owns GEN5DIY,,who makes a lot of stuff for camaro,,etc...
Thanks, I spoke to him on the phone and didn't know who he was...lol
kain929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #241
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain929 View Post
I have been able to use my call button. I pressed the call button and called a number using both my phone and Onstar. Am I missing something here?
I'm not sure how yours works. PAC is aware of the problem but has not been able make a workaround for it yet. But congratulations, you are lucky. I wish mine worked.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #242
rydahog

i had mine installed today. I see you have onstar,,so thats how your SW controls are working. i had to program mine..but works now.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #243
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
i had mine installed today. I see you have onstar,,so thats how your SW controls are working. i had to program mine..but works now.
How do you like the system?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #244
rydahog

i really like it, the pac-unit for a/c/ and heater stuff,,looks and works as it should, looks are top notch in my opinion, i am sure others would say,,maybe not etc,,but what the heck,,get it painted to match,,lol,,,,,the kendwood unit works fine as can be expected, android auto works as advertised, voice control is great..ok google, navigate to,,,,or ok google call home...etc..works fine,,ok google play pandora, fine also...back up camera lines can be moved to suit what you want, i put in a $40 front camera and wired it up,,,totally cool move. you will need to program the steering wheel controls..if your installer (i recommend this highly) does the install he will be ab le to do that..if you want to do that, for custom steering wheel controls to suit, you will need an adapter called PAC-UP ..approx $30?. A new firmware prgm. is available now,,,mine was first in my area to get that..some people can not program this blue box for controls, as the firmware did not work.. now its ok. hope that helps anyone on fence about this..
Old 10-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #245
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I just got mine completed this weekend. Had some install issues as it was more involved than what I was expecting. Dennis at DD gave great support when I asked questions. He was also able to get my Sirius hooked up through the Factory antenna. My only issue is having to learn all the functions on the Kenwood receiver. LOL

The hazzard switch really sucks, so I took the board off and made a cut in the rubber channel that acts as the return spring for the button.(this is why its so hard to push). making 1 cut helped. I don't think I would make too many more as it may not return far enough and activate when you hit bumps. I still want to figure out a work around for this.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #246
rydahog

Hi GVA,, from my sources PAC is workin on that also.IF it a Really big issue they may issue new units? or fix somehow? lol...and yes i am with you with kenwood learning functions... but in a good way...i am soooo glad i got the steering wheel controls programmed to work for me..i config. it this way....phone top button..hold 1 sec.to receive call, hold 3secs to hang up. bottom of phone button, hold 3 secs to have voice call activated. This way for me works good and easy to remember cause i am old..haha! ttyl
Old 10-14-2016, 06:37 AM   #247
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Only issue I have found other than the hazard switch is that the signal wire from the PACS module that triggers my radio display to dim when the lights are on seems to be +12v all the time. I do not get the display to toggle between headlights on and off. Anyone else run into this? Installer questioned whether my head unit was supposed to dim with the lights on. My head unit is the Pioneer AVIC5100NEX. I told him I was pretty sure it was since there is a wire for it and a function in the menu for auto dim.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:38 AM   #248
rydahog

according to pioneer site, the 5100nex,,has dim on/off feature//>> link..http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...X/AVIC-5100NEX
Old 10-14-2016, 09:45 AM   #249
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
according to pioneer site, the 5100nex,,has dim on/off feature//>> link..http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...X/AVIC-5100NEX
That was my take too. Thx. I think the PACS module is bad.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #250
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
It looks like the default setting for the dimmer is "Day" according to the manual. Try going into settings and change it to night which activates the dimmer function.

Page 188 in the user manual.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #251
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
It looks like the default setting for the dimmer is "Day" according to the manual. Try going into settings and change it to night which activates the dimmer function.

Page 188 in the user manual.
Already played around with the settings. The input wire going to the radio from the PACS module is +12vdc. It does not change state when the lights are turned off or on. That's why I am thinking the module is bad. I had contacted Pioneer tech support to try and find out if the input wire for the display dimming was voltage sensing or used current to drive the dimming circuit. They just said it required +12v. So I am thinking since everything else works, I may just put a 3-32vdc input solid state relay in and use the LED shift indicator wire as a source for the relay and toggle 12 volts to dim the radio. It would not give me an adjustable dim like the instruments but would toggle it... at least that's what I am thinking. (Or just get a new module!)
Old 10-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #252
rydahog

man, i keep thinking this is all in the head unit,,not pac..? here is what i found if it helps.but
  • Pioneer AVIC-5100NEX In-Dash Receiver
  • CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
  • Power Output:
    • Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
    • RMS: 17 watts x 4 channels
  • Built-in GPS navigation
  • Clear Resistive 6.2" touchscreen display provides crisp high quality images and rapid touch response
    • LED backlit display
    • Anti-glare screen coating
  • Fully customizable display:
    • Customizable home screen shortcuts
    • 5 display colors with 112 key colors
    • 13 selectable backgrounds
    • Splash screen
    • Dimmer and brightness controls
  • Detachable face plate
  • MIXTRAX app illumination effects
    • Creates a virtual DJ in your receiver
    • 4th one from bottom here? let us know what happens.. good luck