#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2024, 07:23 AM   #239
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Looks AWESOME!!! Congrats' on the BG.

I think CSP saw 20-30 WHP going from the standard to the BG at around your power level. it was in one of his ZL1 build videos. It's not wasted money.

Love all the great pics. Clean work on the car, too.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 08:39 AM   #240
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Looks AWESOME!!! Congrats' on the BG.

I think CSP saw 20-30 WHP going from the standard to the BG at around your power level. it was in one of his ZL1 build videos. It's not wasted money.

Love all the great pics. Clean work on the car, too.
Thanks for the feedback! I have a hard time understanding how it can make any more power with the same size filter element... and TB, but the elbow is absolutely larger! So, if it picked up 20rwhp, I would be more than happy and surprised at the same time Eager to see what changes with this and the larger UHO 4.5" cats...

If I can, id also like to swap out the cats to off road pipes during a cool down session, to see the difference there also.

Stay tuned
ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 09:28 AM   #241
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I have a hard time understanding how it can make any more power with the same size filter element... and TB, but the elbow is absolutely larger! So, if it picked up 20rwhp, I would be more than happy and surprised at the same time Eager to see what changes with this and the larger UHO 4.5" cats...

If I can, id also like to swap out the cats to off road pipes during a cool down session, to see the difference there also.

Stay tuned
Larger tube, in general, and probably for the turn ahead of the RB are probably the biggest factors I'd guess, but I'm no engineer.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:56 PM   #242
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
You got it. Friction and flow factors for the tube.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 04:01 PM   #243
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Well... it is a little early but I wanted to share a quick 4-way comparison.
It compares;

A: My most recent Dyno in March (fixed some belt slip)
B: No Cats (that didnt last long)
C: After upgrading to the GESI 4.5" UHO Cats
D: 3rd Data Log with the BIG GULP

Like ROB and others have pointed out, looks like the larger elbow is making a difference. Almost as much as the upgrade to the UHO cats!
Clearly the "standard" blower port is not breathing as good as the Xport (may need to upgrade soon)

Thoughts?
Attached Images

ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi

Last edited by SOCAL.M6.ZLE; 05-17-2024 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:50 PM   #244
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Any chance you have a sound clip of the new setup? I finally put on my CSP headers and UHO cats over the holiday weekend. It is no louder than stock in my opinion (other than the intrinsic headers noises you get inside the cabin with the windows up).

I'm used to my 5th gen ZL1 that was catless into the stock NPP, and that thing would wake the dead.

I'm looking for something more along those lines, but maybe not quite that ridiculous.

So... any clips or impressions or your new volume level with cats and catback? I think you noted it was maybe 75% of the catless sound?

Edit: unrelated side note- I also put in the BMR MM's. Those are awesome! I agree with your notes about the feel of the clutch improving. And no extra shake or anything, either.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 11:12 PM   #245
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Any chance you have a sound clip of the new setup? I finally put on my CSP headers and UHO cats over the holiday weekend. It is no louder than stock in my opinion (other than the intrinsic headers noises you get inside the cabin with the windows up).

I'm used to my 5th gen ZL1 that was catless into the stock NPP, and that thing would wake the dead.

I'm looking for something more along those lines, but maybe not quite that ridiculous.

So... any clips or impressions or your new volume level with cats and catback? I think you noted it was maybe 75% of the catless sound?

Edit: unrelated side note- I also put in the BMR MM's. Those are awesome! I agree with your notes about the feel of the clutch improving. And no extra shake or anything, either.
Hey Rob,

PM me your cell, and I text you a few videos...

As for the exhaust... the UHO cats really help partial and WOT volume and tone. The only place I wish I have more volume is idle.

I agree on the BMR MM's... what an improvement. I remember being surprised on how much more responsive the engine felt.