Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #239
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
i dont wanna thread-jack... Im gonna take this tio the questions answered here thread
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #240
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
Pinnacle is the best stuff I have ever used. It's gets everyone to ask..."what do you use?"
Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #241
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
i dont wanna thread-jack... Im gonna take this tio the questions answered here thread
You're not thread jacking, we were done with the initial thread topic pages ago. Please, ask your question here. Have you taken those pictures?

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #242
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
You're not thread jacking, we were done with the initial thread topic pages ago. Please, ask your question here. Have you taken those pictures?
Yeah Adam's products got slaughtered :emoticon7:
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #243
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
lol
Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #244
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post

Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #245
red99vette

Drives: 2SS/RS, 99 C5 FRC Procharger & more
OK I tried the 'red pill' test with my Zaino Now I mean no disrespect to Adams, I have never tried it at all and I'm certain its a great product also, but here is results with 2 coats of Z5 and one Z2. Also keep in mind this car only has 4000 miles on it.

I have some Adams on order for my stripes right now as I made the stupid mistake of waxing them :O

Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #246
Viral

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
Lol that's technically true! The OP read our input and went with Zaino
Old 05-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #247
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashauler View Post
I have not used Zaino, but I love my Adams products. Check out there forum they have daily specials and are having a 15% off sale on everything until the end of March. If you join the forum you will get a few discount codes as well.

I am sure both are great products, but Adams backs their product with a 110% guarantee. If you are not happy with the product return it and they will refund 110% of the money.
I will have to give Adams a try.

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #248
Viral

One thing Adams did do that annoyed me a bit... They used to sell a "nut" based center locking pad system with dual sided pads. I bought into their claim that these were FAR superior to the Velcro based systems because they guaranteed the pads stayed centered unlike velcro backing plates that everyone else sold. I bought the locking nut and a full set of all pads. When I went back a few months ago to get a new set of replacement pads (when I ordered my camaro), they had done away with that and replaced it with "Gen 2" pads that uses, you guessed it, a velcro backing plate just like what they said before was inferior! So now my entire previous system was obsolete.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:21 PM   #249
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by red99vette View Post
OK I tried the 'red pill' test with my Zaino Now I mean no disrespect to Adams, I have never tried it at all and I'm certain its a great product also, but here is results with 2 coats of Z5 and one Z2. Also keep in mind this car only has 4000 miles on it.

I have some Adams on order for my stripes right now as I made the stupid mistake of waxing them :O

My God man, how long ago did I ask you to post that? You could have went out and did the entire car 20 times since then! The test is only believable if you post your pictures right then, you know... 10 minutes later? Anyone can go clean up a spot and post a picture days later!

Good try though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
One thing Adams did do that annoyed me a bit... They used to sell a "nut" based center locking pad system with dual sided pads. I bought into their claim that these were FAR superior to the Velcro based systems because they guaranteed the pads stayed centered unlike velcro backing plates that everyone else sold. I bought the locking nut and a full set of all pads. When I went back a few months ago to get a new set of replacement pads (when I ordered my camaro), they had done away with that and replaced it with "Gen 2" pads that uses, you guessed it, a velcro backing plate just like what they said before was inferior! So now my entire previous system was obsolete.
Did you call Adam and tell him about your situation? Did you hear about Adam's 110% satisfaction guarentee?

If you had called Adam, he would have exchanged those Gen1 pads for some Gen2 pads. All you had to do ask. It is that simple. This is the way that man runs his company.

He even post his personal cell phone number on his forum so that you can call him directly. However, if you call the warehouse, he will probably be the one answering the phone.

110% total customer satisfaction. Name one other company who match that claim.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #250
red99vette

Drives: 2SS/RS, 99 C5 FRC Procharger & more
Quote:
My God man, how long ago did I ask you to post that? You could have went out and did the entire car 20 times since then! The test is only believable if you post your pictures right then, you know... 10 minutes later? Anyone can go clean up a spot and post a picture days later!

Good try though!
Oh c'mon, LOL! I do have a day job and was in the middle of doing the clean up over 3 days! Just finished hours before the pic.

I TOLD you I was not slamming Adams in any way, and I assure you that is ony what I said, 2 coats of 5 and one of 2.

I'm sure I could get similar results with Adams, in fact I got yer stuff coming for the stripes. Even used your discount LOL! I'm sure I like many folks on here really appreciate your participation in the forum. But this is no bunk!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #251
Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

LOL why is that? You asked to see his paint using Zaino instead of Adams. He showed you flawless paint using your litmus test. Why would it matter when he posts it? Just like my previous pics, it shows you can achieve the same flawless paint results using Zaino as an amateur that you get using Adams - the same claim you've made yourself in the past.

Quote:
Did you call Adam and tell him about your situation? Did you hear about Adam's 110% satisfaction guarentee?
No I didn't. The only thing that would need to be reimbursed was the price of the locking nut itself, the pads were used up. And frankly, the locking nut did its job as intended just fine for 5 years. There's no reason to request a refund for a functional product.

I think you missed the point of my complaint, which was that Adam claimed the velcro backing plates were "inferior junk" compared to his revolutionary new system and that years of development went into his version. Then a few years later, he abandons his design and starts reselling the EXACT product he spent years bashing. The "Gen2" claim on their website (and forum) is they don't change their product lineup unless they find something superior. So basically, it feels like he's admitting he talked me into buying his own design back then, which admittedly was inferior, but now he's seen the light... and so should you!

Makes me wonder when he'll "See the light" on other products that might be superior, dump his own design and start reselling them
Old 05-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #252
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by red99vette View Post
Oh c'mon, LOL! I do have a day job and was in the middle of doing the clean up over 3 days! Just finished hours before the pic.

I TOLD you I was not slamming Adams in any way, and I assure you that is ony what I said, 2 coats of 5 and one of 2.

I'm sure I could get similar results with Adams, in fact I got yer stuff coming for the stripes. Even used your discount LOL! I'm sure I like many folks on here really appreciate your participation in the forum. But this is no bunk!
It's all good man!