Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 01:11 AM   #25355
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Nice addition Joe!
Thanks ariZona28.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:18 AM   #25356
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Today I saw my girlfriend totally laughing with her mouth from ear to ear after she discovered the cut outs control.

Name:  WP_20180529_003.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  88.9 KB

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 09-04-2022, 03:58 PM   #25357
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
Today I saw my girlfriend totally laughing with her mouth from ear to ear after she discovered the cut outs control.

Attachment 1107947
Great comment and great pic!
Old 09-04-2022, 07:05 PM   #25358
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Finally bit the bullet and bought a FI Interchiller. Can’t wait to drive the car in winter like weather all year lol
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 1300/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:52 PM   #25359
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
Finally bit the bullet and bought a FI Interchiller. Can’t wait to drive the car in winter like weather all year lol
Please share photos and how you like it!!
Old 09-04-2022, 10:26 PM   #25360
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaReNi View Post
went to leave this morning and the battery gave out. got one. tried to do the "better" ground technique and when I went to remove the ground strap to the trunk, the bolt snapped. drilling out the old one would have been just too long an ordeal. so I drilled a new hole close to the old one, used one of the location pegs for the strap, cleaned up that area and used washers and a nylon inset nut on the bottom of the car. back up and running. based on some of the recommendations on here, got the Walmart battery. fit perfect, had the vent hole for the hose.
Funny you mention this.

I have been chasing a major electrical issue for 3 months. Very slow crank, especially when hot (getting stranded at gas stations was a frequent occurrence). Battery saver/service charging system DIC message constantly, Stabilitrak message on DIC, occasional reduced power on start, dimming/flashing headlights when signals were being used. Brand new AGM Diehard battery and Powermaster high torque starter didn't fix the issue. After all that I was certain it was a grounding issue...and I was right.

Apparently the last time I had disconnected the battery ground at the body bolt I ran it back in and cross threaded it. Like a complete moron, I had used an impact gun to zip it down, so I didn't noticed it cross threaded (Yes, I should have known better). This kept it from fully seating, partially causing the grounding issues. The other contributing problem was that the bolt had started to rust where it hadn't threaded properly, due to being exposed. When I tried to unbolt it while diagnosing, the bolt snapped. I tried drilling it out, but it wasn't happening.

So I drilled a new hole right next to it, making sure to keep in on the grounding pad that you can see when you look under the car. It looks like stacked washers under the trunk. I used a grade 10.9 M10 bolt and nut and bolted the OE battery ground and a new 2 gauge ground cable through the body, just like you did. I also have an additional 1/0 gauge ground running from my driver side head to the front frame rail. Holy crap it cranks so fast now, especially with that monster starter. I swear it runs stronger too, which makes sense.

Lessons were learned
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 09-05-2022, 10:34 AM   #25361
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Funny you mention this.

I have been chasing a major electrical issue for 3 months. Very slow crank, especially when hot (getting stranded at gas stations was a frequent occurrence). Battery saver/service charging system DIC message constantly, Stabilitrak message on DIC, occasional reduced power on start, dimming/flashing headlights when signals were being used. Brand new AGM Diehard battery and Powermaster high torque starter didn't fix the issue. After all that I was certain it was a grounding issue...and I was right.

Apparently the last time I had disconnected the battery ground at the body bolt I ran it back in and cross threaded it. Like a complete moron, I had used an impact gun to zip it down, so I didn't noticed it cross threaded (Yes, I should have known better). This kept it from fully seating, partially causing the grounding issues. The other contributing problem was that the bolt had started to rust where it hadn't threaded properly, due to being exposed. When I tried to unbolt it while diagnosing, the bolt snapped. I tried drilling it out, but it wasn't happening.

So I drilled a new hole right next to it, making sure to keep in on the grounding pad that you can see when you look under the car. It looks like stacked washers under the trunk. I used a grade 10.9 M10 bolt and nut and bolted the OE battery ground and a new 2 gauge ground cable through the body, just like you did. I also have an additional 1/0 gauge ground running from my driver side head to the front frame rail. Holy crap it cranks so fast now, especially with that monster starter. I swear it runs stronger too, which makes sense.

Lessons were learned

wow, glad you got it!!!! I did not notice anything other than what appeared to be a welded washer/nut under the car for the original bolt to screw into. possibly that is what you are referring to for a grounding pad. when I did mine, I scraped away the paint under where the strap was going to be bolted down, then I used a large washer on that, then the strap which has it's own washer integrated into the strap, then another large washer on top of the strap and then the bolt. then underneath, I used a large washer with a nylon inserted nut. the hole placement was next to a rise under the car so when I tightened it down, the washer bent to conform to the rise next to it since the washer is a decent size.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:29 PM   #25362
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Great comment and great pic!
Thank you

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 09-05-2022, 01:34 PM   #25363
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaReNi View Post
wow, glad you got it!!!! I did not notice anything other than what appeared to be a welded washer/nut under the car for the original bolt to screw into. possibly that is what you are referring to for a grounding pad. when I did mine, I scraped away the paint under where the strap was going to be bolted down, then I used a large washer on that, then the strap which has it's own washer integrated into the strap, then another large washer on top of the strap and then the bolt. then underneath, I used a large washer with a nylon inserted nut. the hole placement was next to a rise under the car so when I tightened it down, the washer bent to conform to the rise next to it since the washer is a decent size.
Yea, exactly that. Looks like a giant thick washer welded to the underside of the trunk. I did the same and cleaned it up, top and bottom to expose shiny metal. I went through 2 drill bits trying to get that broken bolt out and barely made a dent in it.

I am thinking of spraying the underside nut with something to seal it from elements.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 09-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #25364
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
I didn't clean the bottom off of paint, for fear of rust, so,I'm thinking of spraying something anyway to seal it up.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #25365
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Yea, exactly that. Looks like a giant thick washer welded to the underside of the trunk. I did the same and cleaned it up, top and bottom to expose shiny metal. I went through 2 drill bits trying to get that broken bolt out and barely made a dent in it.

I am thinking of spraying the underside nut with something to seal it from elements.
Don’t forget to put dielectric grease on the bolt threads to help prevent the corrosion/rust and still allows electrons to flow.
Old 09-05-2022, 03:32 PM   #25366
11REDSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Did the BMR toe rods, trailing arms, energy suspension differential bushings, prothane rear cradle bushings today.
Tune by GPI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Rotofab washer relocation, JRE scoop, JRE Trans dipstick, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR subframe connectors, Polyurethane diff bushing and rear cradle mount's, RSM front crash bar
Old 09-06-2022, 10:48 PM   #25367
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Installed a clone of the Digital Octopus DO10-15 Slim. Installation went well considering there was no instructions sent. Looks good and now I can finally see all four of my gauges in my cluster.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:37 AM   #25368
Leadsled

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11REDSS View Post
Did the BMR toe rods, trailing arms, energy suspension differential bushings, prothane rear cradle bushings today.
hows the difference?

Closed Thread