Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 06:39 AM   #26055
sswt00ss
Visualize°Design°Create

Drives: Foot Pursuit
Washed both the ZL1 and CTS-V.

Will be going to the shop later to wrench on the '97 TA Ws6.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:41 AM   #26056
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Got the front end back from Paint, Heritage Grille, Old School SS emblems, painted lower grille and SLP Splitter! Pretty damn happy with the outcome!
I couldn't help but to notice your Rhino ramps. Those are my most valuable tool for working on cars which consists mostly of oil changes.
Along with a low profile jack and some jack stands it makes me wonder why I didn't get them years sooner (had them for about 4 years now).
I put about 8in 2x4 in front of them to not scrape the splitter exactly like you show in your pics.

Per topic I was under the car working on smog related issues, drove it more and now have enough "completes" to pass smog. Evap always takes forever on mine even though it's working correctly.
I bought a bi-directional scan tool that does activate evap control but digging deeper into the issue a "service bay test" option doesn't exist on it and I don't know exactly how many times it opens and closes it and what that does to emulate that so I failed on that "fix". Good thing you can pass with one not ready or incomplete. The evap works so doesn't say failed, just incomplete inc.
BTW if anyone is in the same situation someday... 850 injectors are much bigger than stock.
I figured out e85 requires a bigger amount to be lamda or stociometric however that's spelled (loooong time since college). So 2+2....
E85 is good for the environment and tree huggers and all that, mr epa don't get your panties all in a wad, it's not polluting

On a stock tune it runs surprisingly good. You can't hardly tell it isn't all perfectly stock injector and tune from how good it runs and idles. Maybe even better than stock, I didn't notice that common occastional misfire at idle like my stock tune 91octane had.
My long term fuel trends have been dropping from 14% as I add more e85 to the tank that had 91. Last check it was 9%. No dash lights or pending codes

My short term fuel trends are about right on the money, 1-2% at idle.
I don't advocate for doing this as a "cheaper" e85 path, it doesn't make good used of the octane of e85 because the spark tables for advance are not filled in with this stock tune, but fyi it runs great..in case someone doesn't want to change injectors when required to run stock tune.
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2023, 04:11 PM   #26057
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Made a futile parts run for the '85. In stock was NOT in stock after all. Suburbans got one of those tall air cleaners, filters were MIA, and 3/8ths fuel filters were too. Should have just stayed home an ordered off of Amazon except for the drive of course.

But then nobody gets to see her in the little red dress and stripper heels.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
Old 03-06-2023, 09:30 AM   #26058
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt O View Post
Got the front end back from Paint, Heritage Grille, Old School SS emblems, painted lower grille and SLP Splitter! Pretty damn happy with the outcome!
Nicely done sir!! Love the Heritage grille..
Old 03-08-2023, 04:50 PM   #26059
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
ZL1 pedals , Lloyd front mats , Weathertech rear mats (kids make a mess) , and still have carbon add ons interior pieces to put on. Maybe tonight.
Attached Images

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Old 03-09-2023, 10:39 AM   #26060
american_badaz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
Installed a new battery a couple days ago. Also just got new tires in. UPS got jammed up in Texas, so I was late getting them. I guess I will have to wait until I am off again in a couple weeks to get them installed.

When you only have 2 jack stands, you use what you have.... cinderblocks for the front it is! lol

Old 03-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #26061
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Wayyy back in the day the old guys running the auto hobby garage on base threw a fit over me using cinder blocks, those crusty old codgers!

Sadly I'm that age now so...
For God sake don't go under or you will immediately die!
(but probably not)
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
Old 03-09-2023, 06:59 PM   #26062
Indian_Mack

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010sgm View Post
Wow I like that look did you change anything else like speakers? Do the steering wheel controls work?
Put some power bass shakers up front and kicker 6x9s in the rear deck. Sounds fantastic. Steering wheel controls are supposed to work, but don't. Gonna tear in this weekend and figure out what I did to screw it up 😆
Old 03-09-2023, 08:42 PM   #26063
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by american_badaz View Post

When you only have 2 jack stands, you

...GO BUY 2 MORE! In my younger days I had a cinderblock crack in half under my Olds 442 while doing a transmission job. Could have been bad news! Work safe. Don't hurt youself or your Camaro! Sorry, old guy safety rant over. Your red Camaro will be awesome with the new skins.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:34 PM   #26064
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by american_badaz View Post
Installed a new battery a couple days ago. Also just got new tires in. UPS got jammed up in Texas, so I was late getting them. I guess I will have to wait until I am off again in a couple weeks to get them installed.

When you only have 2 jack stands, you use what you have.... cinderblocks for the front it is! lol

I just hear the time to do some sketchy shit do da do da song playing in my head I’ve done worse and lived to tell about it. I don’t seem to tempt fate near as much as I used to as I get a little older.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Old 03-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #26065
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Painted the front header panel and my strut tower caps as well as installed a upr fender hardware kit on my 2010 SGM. The devil is in the details
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2023, 01:53 PM   #26066
american_badaz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
...GO BUY 2 MORE! In my younger days I had a cinderblock crack in half under my Olds 442 while doing a transmission job. Could have been bad news! Work safe. Don't hurt youself or your Camaro! Sorry, old guy safety rant over. Your red Camaro will be awesome with the new skins.

I was a mechanic for 22 years until I did a career change 7 years ago. I have had to do much worse. I do need to pick up more stands though. I am not doing any work under the car like it is. However the blocks are on end with a 4" cap block on top and it is centered and leveled on the subframe. So I figured I gave it the best chance to be alright for a bit. Do I think it would attack me if I changed the oil while it was there? no... Do I "trust" it to not attack me? no. lol I honestly appreciate the concern.

Hopefully I can get my toolboxes and stuff all moved into the new garage soon. Back and forth from the shed to there is starting to suck already.
Old 03-13-2023, 12:19 AM   #26067
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
On Saturday I got to do some half mile drag racing for the first time in a few years.
Traction on the Toyo R888R's even at 20psi was pretty awful. I had to peddle it and short shift and really softly roll into it in 1st and second.
When I go back to No Fly Zone again in the fall I'll be back on a Mickey Thompson drag radial like I used to be when I went to these events. On an ET Street S/S she hooks and boogies.
Best run was 162mph. The car has a mid/upper 160something in it if I could have traction.

Anyway, here are two random clips from the event.

Enjoy.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Old 03-13-2023, 01:51 PM   #26068
DRC69

Drives: 2011 RS 2LT
That was great. I enjoyed the clips.
Thanks

Closed Thread