Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #253
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiCandi View Post
Might have been a small child poking you with "The Club" lol !
lol OHHH IT MUSTA BEEN MY TRUNK MONKEY

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nk+monkey&aq=f
Old 03-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #254
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
If you ever had a small child pull on a door handle while going around a corner or stopped at a light, you'd know how unsettling it is.
ALSO studies have shown that many times just before a collision occupants grab for something in anticipation of a crash and have pulled on door handles.
Put the crumbsnatchers in the back seat, problem solved. It's not a damn minivan after all. Seems like a silly reason to hate a car. If you grab the door latch in an accident you deserve a Darwin award.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #255
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
Put the crumbsnatchers in the back seat, problem solved. It's not a damn minivan after all. Seems like a silly reason to hate a car. If you grab the door latch in an accident you deserve a Darwin award.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Also, there's one little detail that has always befuddled me about Ford in general - why do they insist on making the door locks a useless feature? When you lock the doors on their cars, from the inside you can just pull the handle once and the door will unlock and open. Most mfgs make that either a 2 pull process (pull once to unlock, pull again to open), or you just can't open the door at all if it's locked.

I don't know about you, but I have always found this rather disturbing and defeating half the purpose of door locks.

NOPE i don;t see where he said he HATED A CAR BECUZ OF THE LOCKS ^^^
Old 03-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #256
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
welll it passed safety regulations so i dont think anyone has a problem with it, or else it wouldnt be that way would it?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #257
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Motor Trend has the base 2009 GT500 at $44,425.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...fications.html
Actually, that article features a 2008 GT500, not a 2009. Motor Trend has the 2009 at the price I quoted:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/...ing/index.html
Old 03-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #258
eddiehaskell

Drives: Pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Actually, that article features a 2008 GT500, not a 2009. Motor Trend has the 2009 at the price I quoted:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2009/...ing/index.html
But that doesn't include the $1300 gas guzzler tax or the $795 destination charge.

Here is a window sticker:

Pricing difference is a wash between the GT500 and 'Vette.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:24 AM   #259
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Will the 2010 Mustang even have curtain airbags??? I know it has side seat mounted airbags but I still don't think it will even be available with curtain airbags. That's a big in my book no matter what car you are looking at.

Also, there's one little detail that has always befuddled me about Ford in general - why do they insist on making the door locks a useless feature? When you lock the doors on their cars, from the inside you can just pull the handle once and the door will unlock and open. Most mfgs make that either a 2 pull process (pull once to unlock, pull again to open), or you just can't open the door at all if it's locked.

I don't know about you, but I have always found this rather disturbing and defeating half the purpose of door locks.
most places that I know of outlaw small children riding in the front seats anyways.
I MUCH prefer the locks unlock when i pull the handle.
and cars don't need side curtain airbags if they get great crash ratings already. If a car can be safe without airbags, adding airbags may just make things more expensive without realistically adding any more safety.

and also, to add, both doors do not unlock when you open one door.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:58 AM   #260
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
On Fords (and to my knowledge, ONLY Ford products), when you lock the doors, the two front doors will unlock and open if you just pull the door handle once. So, when you lock the doors for the intent of keeping people inside the car at 60 mph, all they have to do is pull the handle inadvertently and, well, they would obviously be in trouble.
I've seen this with many Chrysler products, and IIRC at least one Subaru, so it's definately not a Ford only thing. Really not a big deal IMO, unless you aren't wearing a seatbelt.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #261
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
lol OHHH IT MUSTA BEEN MY TRUNK MONKEY

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...nk+monkey&aq=f
When I ordered mine they did not have the price for them yet but I went ahead and ordered them RPO code TMX. There was a LPO but I did not trust my dealer with my trunk monkey.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 03-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #262
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Sorry but as of 2012 the safety regulations change and side curtain airbags become a required feature. So do the side impact reinforcments, and a few other features that the goverment now mandates has to be there on all cars.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 AM   #263
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
welll it passed safety regulations so i dont think anyone has a problem with it, or else it wouldnt be that way would it?
Well, I think my truck nullifies any safety arguments. If I can drive my truck on 2 wheels and still type and live today..the Mustang and Camaro are safe. Exploders and Rangers are death traps..and Ford IMO is awesome for that in a stupid frat awesome way.

Seriously..the Exploder, though I loathe it, is a hell of a lot of fun; especially going 55 on a curved clover style on-ramp. You can feel the truck want to flip on it's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesh View Post
Sorry but as of 2012 the safety regulations change and side curtain airbags become a required feature. So do the side impact reinforcements, and a few other features that the government now mandates has to be there on all cars.
Can we just put ejection seats in the cars already?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #264
clydsdale

Drives: Comet, 61 original. Mustang 65
WHAT ABOUT IF THE CAR CATCHES ON FIRE? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE PULLING ON THAT DOOR HANDLE CONSTANTLY TO GET OUT? NOT ME! SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF FRUSTRATION TO ME.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #265
6 Shooter
Six Speed Freak

Drives: 2000 LS6 Millennium Yellow Roadster
Thumbs up Ford has already answered the call...

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter
Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #266
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
NOPE i don;t see where he said he HATED A CAR BECUZ OF THE LOCKS ^^^
Post #258.

Closed Thread