Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
nojoke67

Drives: 2014 zl1 ashen gray
I am happy to say I got my car back today
The car sat out all weekend with some really heavy down pours an i was told not a drop of water got inside the car
I have to say putnam chev did a great job everything looks great
now i will see after a few days of driving an sitting in the rain if all is well
nojoke67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #16
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojoke67 View Post
The car sat out all weekend with some really heavy down pours an i was told not a drop of water got inside the car
now i will see after a few days of driving an sitting in the rain if all is well
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
nojoke67,

Thank you for updating us! I am happy to hear that so far, so good. As others have stated, if you continue to have an issue feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to assist in any way possible.

Ashley
GM Customer Assistance
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
GEN-IV
Right Cam

Drives: 2010 LS3 / 79 Z28
GM will replace a top for rub marks? My Ford has the same issue, Ford calls it normal, no replacement. You guys are lucky!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
pastohio

Drives: Indy Pace Car
Anyone on this site have a 2011 Pace car and has the rub marks ? Mine has a couple and when they were in Indy, the tops were put up and down a lot being driven by many people as well as in the parade several people rode on the top of the rear deck and top cover.....any info appreciated...
pastohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Took mine to Rick Hendricks in GA and no questions, easy turn in for replacement last week.

Got mine back with the new top, its so tight when you try to close it i have to hang on the handle and bounce to get it where the catches can even have a chance of closing, and I weigh roughly 245 pounds, so that's allot of hanging to get it there. I'm told this will loosen up after a few days of warmer weather...that was a week ago and we've had a few days of warm weather the last couple days and if anything its even worse now....Ill give it awhile, see if they mean really warm weather in the spring.

I'm opening and closing the top at least once almost every day to see if they come back, simulating my use in the summer time. I understand the top warranty is for a year after install so I have some time, if by summer its still this tight I figure Ill make a run up to the dealership again.

Everything appears to be attached correctly from what I can tell, anyone else have this issue after a new top install?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #21
kingofbats
kingofbats

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertable
Quote:
You are lucky, they would not replace my top for rub marks but was receiving water behind the driver seat not passanger seat. They replaced every seal there was and the blatter bag. Now i just get mositure but they say thats normal?
kingofbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
timluds

Drives: 2011 victory red camaro convertable
I also just had my top replaced last week and have almost the same problem when I close top the motor stops them I have to pull it down almost two inches to get the latches to catch the dealer said to leave it up for two weeks to give the top time to stretch I also have some wrinkles on the pass side they think the sun will cause them to go away I'm not so sure I also have a problem when putting top down it sticks up about an inch from where it used to sit and still flaps in the wind without the tonneau cover
timluds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbats View Post
You are lucky, they would not replace my top for rub marks but was receiving water behind the driver seat not passanger seat. They replaced every seal there was and the blatter bag. Now i just get mositure but they say thats normal?
go to another dealer or complain to GM about your dealer or both...this is a known issue with multiple TSB's out there, you dealer is an idiot.......

there should be 0 problems with getting the top replaced if there really are rub marks, and water in you cab is not normal either, they should be auto replacing the roof and water bags without even blinking at this point
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Got mine back with the new top, its so tight when you try to close it i have to hang on the handle and bounce to get it where the catches can even have a chance of closing, and I weigh roughly 245 pounds, so that's allot of hanging to get it there. I'm told this will loosen up after a few days of warmer weather...

Everything appears to be attached correctly from what I can tell, anyone else have this issue after a new top install?
That sounds exceptionally tight. But it is true that it will take some time to stretch out. I had the same problem with my new top (but not as pronounced as yours) and it has stretched out properly. I'd say it took approximately 3 weeks with not so heavy use.

The top is doing pretty well right now (idk, maybe 3000 miles?), the major problem is the rain water pools up somehow and when you open the door, you get an avalanch of water.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #25
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
the major problem is the rain water pools up somehow and when you open the door, you get an avalanch of water.
Yikes! Perhaps your top stretched too much to allow it to pool?
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
The GM field engineer that replaced my top in August insisted that the car sit for two weeks with the top up so it could stretch to fit properly. My top has to be pulled down about an inch or so to latch it. I think that's about what it was originally too.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTOKED View Post
The GM field engineer that replaced my top in August insisted that the car sit for two weeks with the top up so it could stretch to fit properly. My top has to be pulled down about an inch or so to latch it. I think that's about what it was originally too.
After the replacement or the original top?

My current (factory original) top will bang down onto the windshield frame if I don't open the latch in time.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Both.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12052, 12052a, new top, tsb