Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #15
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
I have to agree with the poster above. i test drove a auto, then a man, then a auto again. after driving the man and back to the auto it felt so slow. Im glad with my man purchase.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I bought my automatic w/ RS package at Atlantic Chevy on sunrise hwy.I have some regrets about not getting a manual,but f I had to do it over again I would still take the RS package over the manual.Beleve me,this car still kicks ass,auto or not!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You don't think you can get the RS package with a manual? What makes you think that?
That's exactly what I have.
reread-that's not what I wrote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It reads as if it is one or the other.

Or do you mean they only had two Camaros to choose from?
I think he meant in his opinion the RS package trumps transmission choice.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
The auto trans. Is a $1000.00 plus option..if the dealership can sell you that and all the other options mentioned for less than you can get a manual minus the options.....something's fishy.....get online and find what you want ,,,go get it
Not necessarily fishy, depends on the dealer that has the manual one is wanting to trade his dealership for. To get that car may be costing his dealership more money than selling him a better equipped car they have in stock.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
There are plenty of used Gen5 Camaros out there. Take your time shopping and get exactly what you want... it's out there.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquintero610 View Post
so im going to be getting my first car, and lucky enough to be getting a camaro! I really want a manual because i feel like ill enjoy it a lot more and overall have a better driving experience...but I'm not that great, ive only driven a manual for a few hours before (my cousin showed me). At the dealer they found me a 1LT in IOM/manual transmission/with nav. However it isnt in their lot but they can get it swapped for me. They also offered me another deal from their own lot because they can give me a better price.. so for only $5 more (39months). They can give me a 1LT in blue ray metallic with a power sunroof, navigation, silver stripes AND the rs package but it is an automatic transmission. Was wondering if anyone thought that driving a manual transmission is worth giving up all the extras I am getting if i took the automatic 1LT from the dealers lot.
From experience...go with the LT...I got a LS, its still a sweet car but those extra little features you get with the LT make it that much more worth it!
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, brm, iom, manual, rs package