Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #15
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogplvr View Post
Good to hear man keep me posted if you get around to installing them...let me know how it goes if you could

How do the gaskets look that come with it? I will probably just get some new stockers anyway though.
The gaskets that come with look okay, but I'm going to use oem gaskets
Old 05-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #16
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Can you guys please post some sound clips when you get the install done? I checked on youtube and there are several Camaro sound clips but honestly most sound pretty mild. There is one that says installed by Lethal Racing and the car is obviously cammed and it sounds good at idle.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #17
KTMracing09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Can you guys please post some sound clips when you get the install done? I checked on youtube and there are several Camaro sound clips but honestly most sound pretty mild. There is one that says installed by Lethal Racing and the car is obviously cammed and it sounds good at idle.
I'll be sure to post one as I am anxious as I am sure others are to hear how it sounds for the price it costs. Should be done sometime next week
Old 05-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
motogplvr

Drives: 2010 1SS M6 460rwhp
I installed the full system longtubes to tips last night. I am impressed for the price and the only issue is fitment of the driver side header. One primary tube actually is rubbing my steering shaft. I will have to figure out something, but it drives fine. I have a ton of pictures and a video...sounds really sick. Great fitment everywhere else though. I will post pics and the video later.

Paid 788 or so shipped complete for the full exhaust system...can't really beat that. If the one tube wasn't rubbing my steering linkage I would say at least for now it is the deal of the year

Link to video (should be HD soon).

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&vid...-Ts&feature=vm
motogplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
KTMracing09

Quote:
I installed the full system longtubes to tips last night. I am impressed for the price and the only issue is fitment of the driver side header. One primary tube actually is rubbing my steering shaft. I will have to figure out something, but it drives fine. I have a ton of pictures and a video...sounds really sick. Great fitment everywhere else though. I will post pics and the video later.

Paid 788 or so shipped complete for the full exhaust system...can't really beat that. If the one tube wasn't rubbing my steering linkage I would say at least for now it is the deal of the year

Link to video (should be HD soon).

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&vid...-Ts&feature=vm
About to do my install too. Tried to watch your video and it won't work
Old 05-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS

found it on youtube lol

sounds sick for that price!

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #21
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekteq View Post

found it on youtube lol

sounds sick for that price!
my neck hurts

sounds good though!
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:35 AM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
There are fitment issues sometimes with 2 inch primaries. Some people choose to dent the primary slightly to make room.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #23
motogplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubzzz44 View Post
my neck hurts

sounds good though!
yeah youtube is displaying the video sideways for some reason
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #24
motogplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
There are fitment issues sometimes with 2 inch primaries. Some people choose to dent the primary slightly to make room.
Yeah I spent 15 mins trying to figure out how I can dent that primary tube with the header bolted to the head, but I was leaving town to so I had to just leave it as is for now. Not really wanting to pull off that header to dent it, but if it can't be done bolted in I guess that's the only option.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #25
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
Yeah I spent 15 mins trying to figure out how I can dent that primary tube with the header bolted to the head, but I was leaving town to so I had to just leave it as is for now. Not really wanting to pull off that header to dent it, but if it can't be done bolted in I guess that's the only option.

If you can heat it up with a torch will dent easier
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #26
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Can also shave the steering shaft/knuckle if you need to to help. Or a combination of the two.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #27
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can you post a drive by video and perhaps another video from further away? The video you have is a tad close so when it reaches high rpms all you hear is noise.

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:27 AM   #28
motogplvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Can also shave the steering shaft/knuckle if you need to to help. Or a combination of the two.
Does anyone know if the steering shaft is solid throughout? I am leery of shaving the shaft much at all since well steering is more important than some stupid exhaust, but if it is solid (it feels solid) then I might think of shaving some all the way around...probably will stick to modifying the header though.