Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerpete View Post
Now that's what I'm talking about! You took that test as a call to improve your product and not as a slap in the face. Your sharing info and not hurling insults or accusing anyone of favoritism.

That's the sign of a quality company.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I've yet to see a good pic of the "radiused" section from the widemouth to the smaller intake pipe. Do you happen to have one? I can't tell if it's actually radiused or just smooth. I've seen the drastic affects radiusing has on turbo intakes and i'm sure it would give positive gains for NA'd cars as well, although not as drastic.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #17
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerpete View Post
That's the sign of a quality company.
My RotoFab CAI will be installed this week at Livernois.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #18
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
I've yet to see a good pic of the "radiused" section from the widemouth to the smaller intake pipe. Do you happen to have one? I can't tell if it's actually radiused or just smooth. I've seen the drastic affects radiusing has on turbo intakes and i'm sure it would give positive gains for NA'd cars as well, although not as drastic.
I agree with you about the radius entry. I posted this pic on the "Roto-fab, a closer look..." thread where you asked about it. I will post it here too. I used a 2" sanding disc as a size reference.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #19
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Thanks for all you work Roto-Fab!

As someone who is watching the CAI tests and one who has not purchased yet (because my car isn’t here) I’ve got to say Roto-Fab is still #1 on my list.
So…there may be one or two other CAI systems that make a few more HP...so what. For me that’s not the only thing I look at. My car will be a DD and will not be an all out race car so the 2 or 3 extra HP that another MIGHT get me, IMO, will not really be noticeable. After all I think the weight of a full tank of gas or an extra person riding shotgun would make more of a difference.

I’m going by looks and pricing as well. To me I like the ability to get a colored box and inlet tube. I personally like the looks of the Roto-Fab’s box and overall design better than the enclosed CAI systems. In addition the positive feedback from customers about Roto-Fab’s service goes a long way in my book.

Prior to being on this forum I had never heard of Roto-Fab and when I saw the first pics of their system on the Yellow Camaro I thought it looked kind of jukie and blew them off immediately. I think the engine compartment on that Yellow one is just to busy for my taste and it distracted from the Roto-Fab unit. Now after learning more about them and seeing them on more Camaros like I would run it and knowing they are one of the best priced systems out there….I’ve made it #1 in my book.

Hopefully if there are any improvements to be made on the Roto-Fab CAI it will be done before I order the system at the beginning of the year.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
Kscott46

Drives: 2010 Black SS2, RS, MT
Installed my brand new ROTO FAB CAI today, took about an 1 and 1/2. Took me a while to get that little tricky hose that you gotta turn 180 deg to see the dumb tab! Anyways the directions and install was extremely easy. And can I say Holy Moly! what a difference in sound and performance, it just sounds amazing with the SLP LM II that I put on last month and you can really feel the little extra UMPH in the SS! All I gotta say thanks a bunch ROTO FAB() you have created an amazing intake! What next? Was thinking a short shifter or some springs and sway bars? hmmmm
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
I agree with you about the radius entry. I posted this pic on the "Roto-fab, a closer look..." thread where you asked about it. I will post it here too. I used a 2" sanding disc as a size reference.

Sorry, I must have missed it. Thank you for the pic. Looks VERY nice. That's exactly what I was looking for. Nice to see a shop that goes the extra mile to make their products better, understands what it takes to make them better, and is willing to answer all the questions concerning them. You just sold another one, as soon as my car shows up.

Just went back to see the other thread and I hope you didn't cut that intake tube in half just for me. I know it would be hard to show it without doing that though. Again, thank you greatly.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #22
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Thanks for all you work Roto-Fab!

As someone who is watching the CAI tests and one who has not purchased yet (because my car isn’t here) I’ve got to say Roto-Fab is still #1 on my list.
So…there may be one or two other CAI systems that make a few more HP...so what. For me that’s not the only thing I look at. My car will be a DD and will not be an all out race car so the 2 or 3 extra HP that another MIGHT get me, IMO, will not really be noticeable. After all I think the weight of a full tank of gas or an extra person riding shotgun would make more of a difference.

I’m going by looks and pricing as well. To me I like the ability to get a colored box and inlet tube. I personally like the looks of the Roto-Fab’s box and overall design better than the enclosed CAI systems. In addition the positive feedback from customers about Roto-Fab’s service goes a long way in my book.

Prior to being on this forum I had never heard of Roto-Fab and when I saw the first pics of their system on the Yellow Camaro I thought it looked kind of jukie and blew them off immediately. I think the engine compartment on that Yellow one is just to busy for my taste and it distracted from the Roto-Fab unit. Now after learning more about them and seeing them on more Camaros like I would run it and knowing they are one of the best priced systems out there….I’ve made it #1 in my book.

Hopefully if there are any improvements to be made on the Roto-Fab CAI it will be done before I order the system at the beginning of the year.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
If your's is a DD you will love this system. It plays very well with the engine and helped to wake mine up quite a bit! My engine runs smoother with absolutly no drivability issues that may be experienced with some other intakes without having to tune. I was watching the results of the CAI shootout and my main concern was drivability over raw hp gains, I look at the whole package, and Roto-Fab IS the whole package IMO! In fact, I purchased mine about 2 weeks BEFORE the shootout because I was totally confident in Roto-Fab from what I read and heard of them!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #23
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Pretty cool to see a vendor taking the opportunity to further refine their product, rather than sling accusations and call a test flawed, or similar

+10 on style points!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
Old 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #24
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Here is the dyno sheet I said we would post. Run #1 is the Roto-fab intake and run 2 is the stock air intake. On the graph itself, our intake is the top blue line and the top red line.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #25
XTREMESS

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS SYNERGY GREEN MET
I HAVE ONE ON MY 6SPD SS AND YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE
AWESOME PIECE, AND LOOKS GREAT AND VERY EASY TO INSTALL!!!
LOVE IT
Old 10-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Are there any issues with codes? Or do you have to have the car tuned to use this CAI? I don't want to have to deal with codes nor am I ready to retune the car. I am hoping to get on the short list for a Maggy with this years tax refund... I will get it tuned then of course, lol.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
No tune necessary. In fact I hardly picked up anything after tuning it with the Roto-Fab anways.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
No tune necessary. In fact I hardly picked up anything after tuning it with the Roto-Fab anways.
No tune necessary and no codes . I've had mine for 3-4 weeks and I'm very happy

Closed Thread